Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 08-23-2013, 12:35 AM

Well MORNING HONEY BUNS! So much to see here: Sapdoggie love your retreat idea. I say we all sneak up to Nova Scotia and well 7 bedrooms I am game for doubling up, don't smoke and we have ourselves a quilt retreat! of course maybe we should ask first or do you think a tiny surprise of say a dozen of us might not be an issue?

I have not started. Freely admit it. where is that big L stamp for my forehead. I have so much to do no energy to do it..and think I am sitting up here wide awake at 2:40 in the morning dreading tomorrow. I took out raspberries now I have to can them, I have sewing projects with deadlines chewing at my front door.. argh pirates. I also have.. zippo energy. can all of you please put a bucket of that in the mail tomorrow for me? I will only use what is necessary I promise.. dole it out with care! You guys are great writing and participating. There are a few that I might have to gently prod to come into the group here. I want to know all of you are alive and here!
Old 08-23-2013, 03:51 AM

I have finally pulled some fall fabrics together and have the pattern choice narrowed down to a couple so hopefully will get to start on my tabletopper for kiffie2413 early next week.

Spent yesterday sandwiching / pinning six little quilts ready to machine quilt. Want to get these quilted over the weekend.
Old 08-23-2013, 04:20 AM

sapdoggie - you could stop in Kansas and pick me up for a retreat in Nova Scotia! Wouldn't that be fun!
Old 08-23-2013, 04:58 AM

OH dear what did we start??road trip!!! lol.

This I a Dean Martin morning.. "oh solo mio" swoon wasn't he the handsome dapper fellow in his day? I was a kid and my mother was big into Deano Martino and get this Engelbert Humperdink (blue Spanish eyes...) and then we had the wild stuff.. Tom Jones she never missed that show and she would play those albums (egad dating myself they were real records) and dance by herself and we would laugh.. wonder where the goofy part of me came from??? of course on a serious day there was always.. umpa pa music... Hugo Sneider and his Bavarian music would blare on the radio. Yup.. a quiet house.OK OK she played classical all the time and opera too. Just like all your households right? I love all of it. Added Italian Opera/classical singing and Flaminco music to my own families stuff .. that and true country old Willie, Merle and such.. I AM A BIRD UNTO MY OWN LOL>

So blare you music, sing along, its Friday.. who care if you can' sing! its FRIDAY, its beautiful and you can't help but feel good with happy music in your home. Give it a whirl tell me what you think... and you Yosamitesa can play some Raffe for the young one and sing about wheels on a bus! yeah!
Old 08-23-2013, 05:27 AM

Come on up. Right now I have 2 double beds and 2 singles plus one 3/4. One bedroom we just turn into an office for hubby and one we are turning into a big closet. However only one bathroom right now. We are finally doing some work to this place. Hope to have the bathroom done by Xmas. A road trip sounds lovely.Best time to come is in the fall the colours are great
Old 08-23-2013, 06:03 AM

Best time to come is in the fall the colours are great DH and I drove to the upper peninsula of Michigan to visit with my mother yesterday. The leaves on the very top of the trees are already starting to turn colors, I almost wished we would have waited a couple of more weeks for the visit so I could have seen the trees in full color.

Jan
Old 08-23-2013, 06:22 AM

Road trip north sounds great - klgls - will be glad to stop along the way and pick up passengers
May have to hire a bus and driver to carry all the fabric we buy on the way ( will also male trip easier if restroom is always handy . )

So, how many fund raisers will we need to gather the $$$$ ? Pink Lady - it will take a few months, but we will be their. Are you taking reservations now ?
Old 08-23-2013, 07:02 AM

Hi all -- just checking in and so excited about being in this swap. My table runner for my partner is completed and is now in the wash. DH likes it so much he said he wanted to know if we could keep it and I could make another! He loves fall colors too.

It's Friday and I'm working from home today. Love these days. I can quilt and work at the same time!!!! I've never been to Nova Scotia so you can count me in on the road trip!!!!!! lol

Yall have a great weekend! I'm traveling with all my kids, g/ks and DH to my sisters in Chattanooga for a family reunion. My brother and SIL are visiting form TX and this is the first time all the siblings, 7 of us, will be together in about 5 years!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:04 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie View Post
Road trip north sounds great - klgls - will be glad to stop along the way and pick up passengers
May have to hire a bus and driver to carry all the fabric we buy on the way ( will also male trip easier if restroom is always handy . )

So, how many fund raisers will we need to gather the $$$$ ? Pink Lady - it will take a few months, but we will be their. Are you taking reservations now ?
Well I live in central Iowa....thats on the way, lol!
Old 08-23-2013, 07:07 AM

Okay....Tam...Moo said I could post a sneaky peeky so here goes! [ATTACH=CONFIG]431794[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]431795[/ATTACH]
dont let that fool ya! Its gonna look completely different when all done!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (1).JPG
Views:	162
Size:	723.1 KB
ID:	431794   Click image for larger version

Name:	photo (3).JPG
Views:	140
Size:	578.4 KB
ID:	431795