Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Terrible mistake- [Update] - All Fixed - See Post #97 >

Terrible mistake- [Update] - All Fixed - See Post #97

Terrible mistake- [Update] - All Fixed - See Post #97

Old 08-26-2013, 07:55 AM

Haven't read all posts but I'd leave it.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:20 AM

Smile I made a mistake.....

Been there and done this myself.
Ask yourself if you can live with it. I could not. I did the frog stitch, turned the pieces around and resewed and re-quilted it. I was happier. If it goes out with my name on it it has to be the best work I can do. I think and feel that our service people deserve the very best from me.

But I have also left quilts just as they were and embroidered over my "artistic choices" too. All depends on how you feel you can live with it.

Whoever gets it, is going to love it and appreciate it no matter what.
Old 08-26-2013, 09:31 AM

I am so glad you got it fixed and are pleased with it. It looks beautiful...(but then I thought it was beautiful before!!)

Dina
Old 08-26-2013, 02:41 PM

I am 100 percent in agreement with those who say, "Leave it alone." froggyintexas[

QUOTE=ube quilting;6252769]I would not correct it. It is now what the quilt is supposed to be. Life is full of imperfections and just as those coming home from battle know better than anyone, it is a good reminder of our frailty, and our will to grow.
I would love to receive this quilt as it is.
peace[/QUOTE]
Old 08-26-2013, 03:13 PM

My first thought that was it really represented the fallen soldier. I think it is beautiful just as it. If you choose to repair it you will need to remove quilting in the area of the patch--just large enough to resew the patch. Let us know what you decide. It may influence another's decision about repairing, or not.
Old 08-26-2013, 03:36 PM

It's a beautiful quilt, you'd never know - without having read about it here - that there was ever a problem. Well done!
Old 08-26-2013, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by vivnme View Post
OK, I made this quilt from scraps for a Quilt of Valor donation. I was quite excited that it turned out so well. I pieced it, laid it out, even took a picture of it. Then I quilted it and thought it turned out really nice, that is until I was cutting off the excess material in perpetration to bind it.

Now what do I do? Is there any way to fix this?
You have 2 errors. Pick out the quilting, you will not be happy if you don't. We should give our best efforts for our vets.
Hugs
Judy
Old 08-26-2013, 06:45 PM

It looks gorgeous-I would have fixed it too. If you edit your original post to say you fixed it (if that's still possible) everyone won't keep telling you what to do. lol
Old 08-27-2013, 01:58 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by gale View Post
It looks gorgeous-I would have fixed it too. If you edit your original post to say you fixed it (if that's still possible) everyone won't keep telling you what to do. lol
It amazes me how few people read the whole thread... I'm so glad it was fixed and it does look very nice.
Old 08-27-2013, 02:54 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by vivnme View Post
OK, I fixed it. It took about six hours of pick ( which actually was quite relaxing) and a couple hours to sew it back together. (which was not fun). I'm happy with the way it turned out although my husband said the quilting is larger than the rest of the quilt. The hard part was sewing it back together because I didn't have much room to sew the seams. I can't thank you all enough for all your thoughts, suggestions and kind words. How can anyone live without this quilting board?

I am also glad you fixed it. It looks great. I really like the red stars and pinwheel bars together.