Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What do you use ? >

What do you use ?

What do you use ?

Old 08-29-2013, 07:34 PM

Since I still work full time, I get all the computer use I can handle during the day! LOL I think I would absolutely lose my mind if I tried to work on quilts with a computer! Not only that, but my budget doesn't extend that far. I was widowed in 2004 and I've had more than my share of medical problems (none life-threatening) but it's sure tightened the pocket strings! Good luck with your project and welcome to the board!

Jeanette Frantz, North Central Florida
Old 08-29-2013, 08:48 PM

I have a few apps on my android phone. I think the Kaufman one and a couple of others. One is for quilt stash and I'm not sure I have enough room on my phone for my whole stash.
Old 08-30-2013, 03:12 AM

I have an iPad. I use QuiltCalc, Quiltography (a brand new app, and an awesome designer...he lets you contact him with questions and suggestions...expecting a new update soon..I see it as a mini version of EQ.it just doesn't calculate the amount of material needed) Missouri Star app, JoAnns, Quilty, Keepsake Quilting, Blockfab HD, and Schmetz,
Old 08-30-2013, 03:40 AM

I'm not with my Ipad right now, but I did a search for "quilting" in the aps store and found an app close to EQ6. I've done some playing with it, but haven't needed it to actually design a quilt as yet. There was only one app in the Yahoo search.
Old 08-30-2013, 04:09 AM

Good morning. Susie Monday is an artist/quilter/teacher in San Antonio. She usually teaches design classes at The Houston International Quilt Festival. This year, she is also teaching some iPad classes.

You might check Susie's blog where she posts apps that she finds useful. Her background is art, so her focus is probably in the design area.

http://susiemonday.com/blog/
Old 08-30-2013, 07:01 AM

I use "quilt shop locator" when traveling, BlockFab, QuiltCalc, Schmetz. I also have EQ6 but never have had time to come to grips with it. Now that I am retire, maybe I can learn it and my embroidery software :-)
Old 08-30-2013, 07:32 AM

I really like an app on my phone and I'll bet there are many more out there. It's the Robert Kaufman Quilt Calc called The Quilter's Little Helper. Lots of helpful fabric calculations.
Old 08-30-2013, 07:51 AM
Power Poster

Sorry I am of no help. Welcome from S CA!
Old 08-30-2013, 09:55 AM

Originally Posted by ghagen View Post
Hi There I am a retired educational director and I am researching the use of IT in quilting. Would anyone be willing to tell me if they have downloaded APS to help them with a project and if they have, did they use an IPAD? I would be most grateful to hear from you. Many thanks
I have a Fire and I can download MSQC tutes. There are some aps out there for finding quilt stores easily if in an area you are not familiar with and there are starting to be some for blocks and patterns.

I do not use an iPhone or iPad-HORRORS!! I know--but I have found my Fire to do what I need it to do.
Old 08-30-2013, 10:13 AM

LOL Quiltmau! If you are using a Kendall fire, you have joined the tablet generation! I also started out with the Fire but have now got an IPad & IPhone. I still have and use the Fire when needed tho! It's easier to carry around in my handbag to read with.