Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 08-31-2013, 04:38 AM

Yes, she does!

OK folks, I'm holding the deadline over til noon central time, but will have the partners ready to go at that time. Here's the list so far...

1. Elisabrat
2. Jaba
3. Tam...Moo
4. Cindy60545
5. Jamimclaugh
6. Scrapquilt
7. dabbler312
8. Monstookie
9. fmhall2
10. mom-6
Old 08-31-2013, 05:12 AM

DustysMomma I don't see your name on the list and it should be; odd numbers can play just as easily as evens - here's your example so there will be no excuses.

Player A
Player B
Player C

Results - Player C makes for Player B
Player B makes for Player A
Player A makes for Player C

Glad we got that all straightened out - see on you in the lineup

Having a girls outing today - shopping for non-quilty items - however a quilt shop in the town we're traveling to is having 60% off Pfaff sewing machine feet sale (in stock only) - I don't own a Pfaff but some of their machine feet fit my Singer Quantum L500 - has to do with the DFS - duel feed system - might have to check to see if there is a stitch in the ditch foot. After shopping we are having lunch at the historical Hubble House in Mantorville - they have a great lunch menu. You all have a wonderful day - can't wait to see who my partner is and what holiday I'm going to be making something for.
Old 08-31-2013, 07:11 AM

Dabbler, don't worry, I'll be in, lol. Jaba said she'd be my partner if we were "even" at the end. I owe her & Elisabrat some licorice & embroidery anyway. I tried doing groups instead of pairs on the 1st swap & some people ended up upset because they were ready to ship & others were weeks out & others ended up MIA, so I'm back to pairs. I didn't ask for the address with the sign up to ensure you had to talk to your partner at some point too.

I have the preliminary list made. Just waiting to see if we get any other signups. If you're going shopping for materials today, I hope you have a smartphone or aren't going to early! I'll post the list here first in about 2 hrs, then I'll email everyone with their partner's information.

Everyone ready to play?
Old 08-31-2013, 07:19 AM

I'm ready, just waiting on you Never figured it out like that Dabbler, makes perfect sense. Pair up partners and then the last 3 do like you explained. Have to remember that...

Last edited by jaba; 08-31-2013 at 07:22 AM.
Old 08-31-2013, 08:21 AM

Jaba, that's kinda how I did the 1st swap. I sorted everyone by room that time & then rotated all the names down one person & the last on the list went to the first on the list. This time, I put numbers 1-5 on a list twice, then had Excel make random numbers beside it, sorted by the random numbers to randomize the list, then copied the randomized 1-5 on the signup list. The people who both had 1 are partners, then the 2's are partners & right down the line. There's a ton of ways to do the partnering. Just gotta figure out what you find the easiest to remember what you did! Since we have some new players this time, hopefully everyone will get new partners!

Well I'm off to finish piecing my runner for Elisabrat's fall runner swap. Back in an hr or so!
Old 08-31-2013, 09:39 AM

OK, no last minute entries, so here we go!

fmhall2 & dabbler312
Tam...Moo & Cindy60545
mom-6 & Jaminclaugh
Elisabrat & Moonstookie
Jaba & scrapquilt
Dustysmomma & Jaba

Email to follow!
Old 08-31-2013, 12:31 PM

Goodie. Got my partner. Feeling a little pressure as its Elisabrat! But I already have some great ideas and am feeling fairly confident I can come up with something she'll enjoy.
Old 08-31-2013, 01:34 PM

No pressure, just make her something Christmas & she'll be happy. Christmas chickens, yeah, that's what she likes, lol.
Old 08-31-2013, 02:16 PM

Hum. Christmas chickens. Hadn't thought of that!
Old 08-31-2013, 03:56 PM

uh its ok if this one is not chickens monstookie! lol. I like them but not so sure if they should be Christmasized. (new word I just added it to websters). Ok. Monstookie YOU CAN SEW I looked peaking queen that I am. OH NO> no need to be scared of me I am all mouth no skill. yikes! I can do this yes I can. possibly. if I get creative licensed on you please forgive me. A sewing cover and say a set of placemats are oh so almost the same .. and um.. that washing machine blanket you wanted in MINKY I can say do in .. old thrift store blankets. yes oh yes I can. phew. I knew you would understand. I wont resew them as well.. I think that 'vintage' look is oh so you. yes yes it is. DONE project finished! lol ok not totally. not even.. ok fine no idea what to do. I am truly on a roll spinning and spinning. I figure I add catnip to anything or some of my doggie biscuits and I am Golden! they will love it therefore so will you! please chat away here with me I am good for something. chat at least