Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-01-2013, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by DustysMomma View Post
2 more seams on the front, piece the back & decide how I'm going to quilt it & I'm all done. I'm probably going to keep the quilting simple though since I haven't gotten my quilting hoop yet though. No, you can't have any more sneak peeks Cindy! No, you either Brat!
That's ok I haven't cut the first piece for yours! Been busy on the longarm! I should be able to get to it towards the end of the week. Got things assembled though. Ideas are pretty much solidified. Probably change before I get to it though.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:18 AM

I sent a dropbox link of the finished top to sapdoggie, lol. Neener neener! Since you haven't started yet, and I'm ready to sandwich, I think I'll put it aside and work the rest of the weekend on the things that have to go back to Denmark with the man's brother when he comes to visit next weekend. Sometime between now & then I have to clean up the sewing room & turn it into a guest room again, which means hiding all my sewy/quilty toys & fabric! Then there'll be 3 days of no sewing while he's here.
Old 09-01-2013, 08:52 AM

Love all the chit chat. Love the first set of fabrics - just like le-brat. I have finished painting 2 closets now to put the crap back in them, the new "right" carpet comes Wed., put that room back together and I am FREE!!!! YIPEE!!!Even my husband even gives me the look of "how about doing this project" I am going to have to kong him! I have 1 more picking day and only have to make/can apple butter and apple pie filling. Then...then....then....it will be me and my machines, so help me God.
Old 09-01-2013, 10:20 AM

Marti, I am just finishing up your table runner. I just have to hand stitch the binding to the back and it will be done. This is the 3rd runner I have finished for you. The 1st one was a round bargello that ended up to only be 20" round. Then the 2nd one I thought wasn't long enough, that was 33 "long. Finally I think I might have it right, this last one is finishing up at 48"long. One of these days I will post a sneak peek picture. Jan
Old 09-01-2013, 12:21 PM

I sent a dropbox link of the finished top to sapdoggie, lol. Neener neener! Since you haven't started yet, and I'm ready to sandwich, I think I'll put it aside and work the rest of the weekend on the things that have to go back to Denmark with the man's brother when he comes to visit next weekend. Sometime between now & then I have to clean up the sewing room & turn it into a guest room again, which means hiding all my sewy/quilty toys & fabric! Then there'll be 3 days of no sewing while he's here.
That's cool, just put it on the back burner til your company leaves. I won't get to yours til next weekend. I might be able to get it cut out & ready for sewing before then, but I've got to get this show quilt off the frame first. So far I'm onto the 7th bobbin & probably going to go through another 2 or 3. It's heavily quilted. Durn thing is only 72" square!
Old 09-01-2013, 01:29 PM

I SAW IT And I am not telling You will love it
Old 09-02-2013, 03:39 AM

20 inches is good for a table topper isn't it? sounded fine to me and there is not set rule on size you know other than not too tiny and not to humongous. sounds like your doing fine cheesehead

I spent the evening with Jaba last night and she helped me a ton on my table runner. I am unsure what I would do without her guidance and assistance at times. I get these blocks and once I put them in my head its like I can't step over it. We are our own worst enemies. Thank you Jan for everything honestly! It seems like we have a lot of quilters ahead of the game this round. Wow. maybe if today is a day off you can devote just a tiny bit of your day to cutting or stitching a bit .. starting is the hardest part for me. indecision. I say make today DECISION day its not hard truly enee meenie mineee MO pick a fabric by the..
Old 09-02-2013, 04:31 AM

Table runner is done for partner teappot so I better start sewing on the home decor swap. Got their choices, now to just sew it and have it turn out the right size. Cheesehead you can send me the 20" round one, would fit right on my kitchen table just fine. Don't want it to go to waste or sit in a drawer.....just sayin'
Old 09-02-2013, 04:41 AM

Ok Elisabrat I made my decision to spend the day with my horses I am halfway on my table runner. Rained yesterday so I worked on boom blocks over halfway done on those. The weatherman is calling for more thundershowers today so may work on my table runner if that happens.

Elisabrat it is so nice to have someone to come quilt with you. Somedays it just helps to get the juices flowing again.

Hope you all have a great day
Kendra
Old 09-02-2013, 05:27 AM

Decision day....oh what decisions do I need to make. First I am going to put everything in the crockpot for patoto soup, then make some banana bread. Onto starting my runner, and working on quilt blocks.

Woke up to thunderstorms this morning. Maybe, maybe it won't be so hot today. For the last week it has been over 100 and as high as 106. Not good when you have a lung condition that makes it harder to breath.