Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 09-01-2013, 04:50 PM

I love Reese's peanut butter cups! All the talk about them. Now I want one nd I don't have any.
Old 09-01-2013, 05:19 PM

PB & Nutella? Works in a pinch...
Old 09-01-2013, 06:53 PM

I have some you can come to my house. Miss brat and Steve just left, we had a nice bar-b-que for the holiday and I'm so full I can hardly waddle.
Old 09-02-2013, 03:27 AM

darn she beat me to it! I had the BEST potatoes Jaba whipped up (hah) and a wood grilled steak that was out of this world her hubby just 'threw' on the fire and most of all I had a wonderful visit with my dear friends. Jaba, I woke up at 11 to take some meds and was still STUFFED from dinner never should have had that last six bites. oh ok I should have as it was delicious. Forgot to give her something guess I have to go back about dinner time tonight should work out great.. whats for dinner???

I was very happy to solve a little issue I was having over a sewing project. Jaba was full of good ideas (see not just food!). Today is a stay home and sew day so it should be productive I hope. staying sequestered inside its going to be a warm one.. all week in fact. what is with THAT? its been that way for oh the last 6 weeks... break time its time for break time.. (watch I will b... when the weather finally gets cooler I hear it goes from hot to cold with little cooler here).
Old 09-02-2013, 04:50 AM

Yep pretty soon you'll be begging for the heat, praying winter will end and you won't be trudging through the snow and freezing your a-- off. Winter at my house, I'm like a hermit. Just stay inside and put another log on the fire. Going to start sewing on my little projects for my partners today and see what I can come up with. Christmas for one and sewing room for the other.
Old 09-02-2013, 07:22 AM

I have to wait until next Saturday to get to the quilt shop for fabrics for my partners project - have the pattern picked out so fabric is next.

Winter - what can I say other than it's my most favorite season of all - and no I did not slip and fall on the ice and hit my head; I was born this way - I was born during a Minnesota blizzard.
Old 09-02-2013, 08:51 AM

It's not the winter I mind, it's the aches and pains and the ice that I don't like. Got up with my shoulder hurting today after only 5 hrs sleep. Oh, then I find out there's been a change of plans & the man's brother will be here on Thursday instead of Friday, and that Dusty needs to go today & get some new slacks for work. Oh, and apparently the man has decided that on Wednesday "WE need to clean the house." So, that leaves me what time I get today and tomorrow after work to finish the 4 projects to go to Denmark. Gee, thanks for the warning people! Yep, I'm in a mood today. It's the man's fault. He's in a mood too & shared it with me. Sigh...

I'm going to go shower & then wait for Dusty to be ready to go to the mall. Maybe it'll be quick & I can get back & sew...
Old 09-02-2013, 03:29 PM

DustyMomma, I feel for you. Mine's been home since Thursday! Sure glad he's going back to work tomorrow & GS is going back to school! The weather here was pretty decent today. It rained this morning, so the temps stayed down til mid-afternoon, so I got to spend more time in the studio. Got more done on the show quilt, but best of all, I got the fall side of your runner done! WOOHOO!! Now to get the Halloween side done! Don't finish mine til your company leaves. You've enough on your plate. We'll get it together next week when the dust clears.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:10 PM

well its one happy pet holiday in my house. I have sewn one of the cats to the pillows I am making for you Monstookie I figured nothing better than the real thing. In fact if you get a box with air holes from me please open it immediately! I mean nothing absolutely nothing better than the real thing! I will send reese's with the package. You did say you needed more fur right?

ok now that that is settled I am fifty percent done with your Pet Holiday package! I had a grand sewing weekend, one pair of the potholders done! one home décor done! one wall hanging quilted and binding sewn on (now to hand bind it tomorrow on the back). One tablerunner project complete! I am one happy camper I can breath a bit. two sets of pot holders tomorrow and in the mail they go. That leaves round robins, a part of this swap and one wall hanging for the doll quilt swap. I am golden! sorta. (lets not go to ufos three booms saying sew me sew me.. ). And aprons I need to make for Christmas. No more swaps for me for a couple months. (ha you say) remind me ya all this is enough to keep me busy for a long while. yup.. no more.. oh wait there is the fq swap coming up.. and.. and..
Old 09-03-2013, 01:09 AM

Brat, you know it's getting close to time to sign up for Secret Santa & the Christmas ornament swap! You know we can't miss those!