Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Blocks of the Month and Week
"Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along >

"Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

"Spike Your English" Block of the Month Quilt-Along

Old 09-02-2013, 06:00 AM
Power Poster

DHMom--oh that's a great suggestion! Thanks.
Old 09-02-2013, 06:32 AM

Hi Everyone, I haven't forgotten all of you...I've been missing...I get that way sometimes when things don't go my way...Sorry...
There have been sooo many ideas and I'm very glad that all of you are excited about this new journey which by the way will be starting tomorrow...I'll be posting the new thread at midnight tonight as I'm leaving very early in the a.m. for NC for a short stay...When I arrive in the evening I know there will be tons of eye candy for me to see...I've been adding fabrics to a few different colorways & themes and I still haven't decided which way to go..I will be doing placemats and I like the idea of adding strips to make the hexie larger to keep it as a hexie...I'm making a last run to the farmers market so I'll see you all tomorrow evening...I can't wait to see who is going to be first
Old 09-02-2013, 08:21 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by frustratedquilter40 View Post
I have a question?

Those of you that have allready completed the first block and or the others, when they show 3 different backgrounds for block 1 did you do different fabrics or did you stick to just one fabric and used that for all three of the background colors.

Thank you in advance I was trying to pull some fabrics and I was wanting to know what was your thoughts on this as I was having a hard time finding this many that went well together in my stash.
I used 3 different colors- look at the pattern sheet & see where each goes-then you can decide which way you want to go- one of the backgrounds is the yellow used around the outer edges-on all of the blocks- I chose a swirly light blue to use in that place on all of my blocks- then I chose a white on white for a main background- the blocks that have I 3rd background I will choose individually for each one as I go. (the 2nd block only has the blue & the white on white)
Old 09-02-2013, 08:25 AM
Power Poster

mine will be a quilt- these are really wonderful blocks! I think they will make a really special quilt. they would also be really nice for table runners, placemats, tote fronts, jacket backs- sky is the limit with these blocks.
Old 09-02-2013, 11:45 AM

I didn't decide what to do with my blocks. I will finish them first and decide later.
Old 09-02-2013, 01:58 PM

I'm with you Anael--I have no idea what I'll do with these blocks altho they're really neat blocks. (Maybe they'll end up in THE BOX LOL!) I do like the idea of adding borders to keep the hex shape; they seemed a little small for placemats. Hmmm, so many good ideas.
Old 09-02-2013, 02:17 PM

Anael and JanRN I wish you could peek at my design wall, the first 5 are finished and they will make a spectacular quilt. Can't wait for #6 to be posted. I would like to get it made before I leave for retreat on Friday
Old 09-02-2013, 03:38 PM

Oh Mirabelle - you have been a very "busy bee" behind the scenes! I would just love to peek at that design wall. I've got the 1st one on mine, minus the border triangles!
Old 09-02-2013, 10:14 PM

Jan, NOOOOOOOO not in THE BOX
Old 09-02-2013, 11:27 PM

I have been checking the website all day but they haven't posted block 6 yet, that will teach me for being impatient...