Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
gingher scissors >

gingher scissors

gingher scissors

Old 09-05-2013, 10:26 PM

Sometimes if you watch Ebay you can pick them up for around $25.00, I manage to get myself and some friends the fancy ones, but watch it for sometimes people bid them way up.
Old 09-05-2013, 10:28 PM

You are right you can send them in to Gingher to sharpen them.
Old 09-06-2013, 02:51 AM
Power Poster

I bought a gingher rotary cutter and don't feel it has much advantage over my other rotary cutter
Old 09-06-2013, 02:59 AM

I have 6 pair of Gingher scissors. They are a combination of sizes. About a year ago I sent them to Gingher's to have them sharpened and adjusted. It cost me $6 a pair. I got them back in about a month. All sharpened and adjusted. My oldest ones are over 25 years old. I love them.
Old 09-06-2013, 03:04 AM

Love my Ginghers. Got them at LQS while they were on sale. Use them only for cutting fabric, keep them in the box they came in, and keep them in a dresser draw with other quilting supplies. Out of sight of anyone looking for scissors to cut something else.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:14 AM

Although I have at least six pairs of Ginghers, I still prefer my Fiskars. We use to order them through our County Extension Office. I ordered an 8 inch pair for my mother (she chose them), she decided they were to heavy for her and gave them to me and I gave them to a friend. I also found a pair in a treadle cabinet I purchased at an auction. I do use my embroidery ones mostly when I embroider and hand quilt. But for cutting I grab my Fiskars Soft Grips. I still have the first pair of Fiskars I purchased over 30 years ago and have never had to have them sharpened.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:17 AM

I have had a pair of Ginghers for 10+ years, got them at a midnight sale at JoAnn's. They were hidden from the husband and kids for a long time, then when they found my hiding spot they were all threatened to within an inch of their lives if they ever used them without permission and educated on the care & handling of 'good' scissors. I love them still!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:33 AM

I have the longer Gingher scissors and as well as Gingher pinking shears that I bought when I was pregnant with my 36 year old daughter! I need to send the pinking shears in because they don't cut right. I place my cutting scissors back in the shield/cover and box after use and keep my pinking shears in its original box. I keep them out of sight and reach of anyone, and keep cheap plastic handle scissors in the kitchen, office and sewing room in case someone wants to cut something out, they won't be reaching for my prized Ginghers!
Old 09-06-2013, 04:43 AM
Power Poster

I have an 8" pair, and a 4" pair. Love both! They are also off limits to others in the house.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:47 AM

I bought mine at a LQS and then I found them at amazon for half the price.