Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
Steam Cleaner....which one to buy??? >

Steam Cleaner....which one to buy???

Steam Cleaner....which one to buy???

Old 09-06-2013, 03:29 PM

Default Steam Cleaner....which one to buy???

I am thinking of buying a steam cleaner. My house is mainly tiled and I did some research. But I was wondering if anybody on here has a steam cleaner and which one you would recommend.
Thanks for your input.
Old 09-06-2013, 04:03 PM

I have the Shark and totally love it. I've had others but some are very heavy, the shark can be light, medium or strong steam, bought mine at Costco and use it all the time. I also have the hand held steamer and it makes my fridge and stove look like it came out of the showroom!! I lov
e cleaning without chemicals due to allergies. Good luck
Old 09-06-2013, 04:43 PM
MCH

I have a hand-held steamer (Scunsi)
http://www.amazon.com/Scunci-SS1000-.../dp/B00024JYAG
that is great for above-the floor cleaning....especially counters and windows. With that little beauty and a stack of the miracle cloths, I've kissed all the "fantastic" products 'bye, 'bye. Now, I have a basket of miracle cloths (washable, BTW) instead of shelves of various cleaning products. I have replaced all the dusting products with a spritz of water from the spray bottle onto the miracle cloth and the dust disappears. The handheld steamer is wonderful for cleaning the stove...the grease and crud just melts away into the cloth.

My husband and I both enjoy not having the residual chemical smell, especially in the bathroom. Stuff stays cleaner longer as with the steamer, there isn't any residual product enables dust to cling to the surface.

I have LOTS or ceramic tile in my house! I absolutely HATED dragging out the bucket and mop, recognizing that I was only just moving the dirt around. The floor was always streaked afterwards.

No more streaks because I use my handy-dandy Bissell steam cleaner on the un-carpeted floor.

http://www.amazon.com/Bissell-Steam-.../dp/B000RPVHZU

I am amazed at the amount of dirt the pad picks up...I have two dogs that haven't yet learned to wipe their feet upon entering the house, so you can imagine what's on that pad when I'm finished. The pads are absolutely black and the tile sparkles. As with the hand-held steamer, there is no residual cleaning product on the floor.

Also, surfaces cleaned with steam dry almost immediately. That's good. Also, if you have a bit of nasal congestion, take you hand-held steamer into the bathroom, close the door, and start cleaning. The steam will really help your congestion. Ask me how I know. Additionally, it's like a mini-sauna for your face.

I mentioned pads for the steamer. You can purchase very nice and thick ones (do not hinder the steam flow) on Amazon (see the above link). They're nice and fluffy and just glide over the tile. When I'm done with them, I spray them with Resolve laundry pre-treatment, before I toss them into the washing machine. They come out of the dryer ready to go again.

Also, the floor steamer works nicely on laminate and vinyl floors. I have both types of floor.

Short version is...get a hand-held and a floor steamer. You will be glad you did.
Old 09-06-2013, 05:08 PM

I have the Ladybug steamer. Works like a dream. Love it.
Old 09-06-2013, 06:27 PM
Power Poster

my daughter has the bissell.. i've borrowed it a couple of times and i love it
Old 09-07-2013, 06:09 AM
Power Poster

I have a Shark I really like it.
Old 09-07-2013, 06:31 AM

We have a Shark from about 8 years ago. The water reservoir is too small. You have to wait for it to cool down to refill it which is a pain. I rarely use it for that reason.
Old 09-07-2013, 04:11 PM

I have a shark and love it i even used it to spot clean a spill on carpet
Old 09-07-2013, 06:19 PM
Power Poster

I have a shark and like it but just got the new swiffer/bissell at Walmart. They are in target too. They sell disposable pads but I also use a microfiber cloth and wash it. I use it on tile, laminate and sealed hardwood.
Old 09-07-2013, 09:44 PM

Here's a good review. It's a bit outdated but should still be helpful. Talks about the temperature that they reach and whether it's hot enough to sanitize, plus talks about capacities and cord lengths, things like that.
http://www.amazon.com/review/R2U0WBR...re=home-garden

I have a bissel and it's okay. I'd like to get a Eureka.