Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
how many ufo's and great ideas do you have? >

how many ufo's and great ideas do you have?

how many ufo's and great ideas do you have?

Old 09-09-2013, 04:18 PM

To Many..................
Old 09-09-2013, 04:18 PM

I only work on UFO 'S and do Doll Quilts. The other fabric I pet it and dream........Hugs
Old 09-09-2013, 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by KwiltyKahy View Post
I am afraid to count. BUT, if I would stay off the QB, I would probably get more done.
Hahahaha!!! That was such a good reply!!! I have still got an amount I can add with the fingers of both hands but as you said....the QB is such a crazy place to catch a contagious illness.....new ideas for some more!!!!
Old 09-09-2013, 07:19 PM

Our local guild has had a UFO Challenge going for a few years now. We fill in a form to list the UFOs we can reasonably expect to finish during the year. At the guild general meetings, we show the ones we've completed , to applause of course. At the end of the year there are prizes for the ones who complete the most etc. I've completed two of the six I listed. Some are bed-sized, one is getting hand-quilting. I find the challenge to be a good "pressure" to work on things.
Old 09-09-2013, 07:28 PM
Power Poster

Have a few UFO's maybe 6 but can't seem to get at them. Working on a Christmas present for my DSIL and then a wedding quilt for my son and future DIL. Then suppose to make a quilt for another wedding for next Sept. So not sure when the UFO's will get done. But think everyone has the same type things going on.
Old 09-09-2013, 09:46 PM

Originally Posted by paperpieceme View Post
okay ladies , i made a huge mistake
I decided that I needed to make a list of all of my current projects, everything from fabric purchased with a specific pattern in mind to just needs the binding finished, and I enlisted my husband's help.

That was my big mistake. After we made the list, with 28 projects on it. He turns to me and says, so what do you think the average cost of each of those is? This is from a man that talks about how hobbies are important and we will make room for them in the budget, so i think i blew his mind.

How many projects do you ladies have? Are there some that will probably never get finished, because the new quilt smell has worn off?

I think my goal for the rest of this year and next year is to get them finished. I think the only new projects I am going to allow myself, are the Doll Quilt swaps. We shall see how this goes
Got a dumb question? Do you really expect any of us to truthfully answer you? All I can say is that I've got more started and more bright ideas than I can ever deal with
Old 09-10-2013, 01:43 AM

Personally, I don't worry about it. I have two table toppers sandwiched and ready to hand quilt -- that is winter work. For the first time in my life, I am totally in charge of what I do. So far this year my only UFO is the Mystery Quilt from QB. I am working on the sashing at this point. Since I do not have room to store finished quilts and UFO's take up a lot less room, I am comfortable with UFO's. A couple of years ago I decided to work on my piecing skills rather than large projects. It is working out great for me, I am improving and building my confidence. I am not overwhelmed and I still have time to shop for fabric. I quilt for fun and relaxation. Life is Good!
Old 09-10-2013, 03:28 AM

Originally Posted by GrannieAnnie View Post
Got a dumb question? Do you really expect any of us to truthfully answer you? All I can say is that I've got more started and more bright ideas than I can ever deal with
I've been following this particular post for 2 days to see who's got what... I liked GrannieAnnie's comment. Luckily (and truthfully)I have one quilt that awaits a binding, one WIP (youngest son's quilt), have just started cutting FQ's for oldest son's quilt and I bought a kit at the Pine State Quilt show in July. I do have fabric in stock for future pillows and have a small stash of pretty fabrics I just had to have but this will only be my second year of quilting and I have been careful not to overwhelm myself.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:14 AM

I have tried counting UFO's, WIPs, Kits (both bought and put together by myself), flimseys and I don't know what else, and it just impossible. I store flimseys until I decide who I will give them to. Many projects are really trials to see if something will work or if I really like it and most of these get set aside. I have pieced some of these together and donated them to church at Christmas. As for ideas? I wish I could live to 200 yrs.
Old 09-10-2013, 07:55 AM

As far ufo's I don't even try to count some are just thoughts others are on paper, some in limbo. Right now it's learning to quilt on my new Juki longarm OH! what fun trying her out, such a dream come to life for me. At 78 I guess it's never to late.