Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
how many ufo's and great ideas do you have? >

how many ufo's and great ideas do you have?

how many ufo's and great ideas do you have?

Old 09-10-2013, 08:41 AM

I have been working on my UFO's this year and for every new project I start, which have been commitments to others, I finish a UFO. It seems to be working because my backlog is going down. I love to work on he quilt tops but when they are done, I want to start a new one. This plan has kept me on track for several months now.
Old 09-10-2013, 11:19 AM

It's still under control here. I just started sewing a couple of years ago and I'm trying to learn clothes and quilts, so I have clothing patterns I bought fabric for but I'm not sure what I was thinking and what fabric goes with what pattern.

I am half way through a quilt I bought fabric for over a year ago, and I'm working on the BOTM quilt. I have fabric to make a sewing machine cover. It's a blessing I didn't make that, in a way, since I bought a new machine and it wouldn't have fit -- yeah, that's my story and I'm sticking to it, it's good to let stuff sit around forever, you never know how things will change.

I'm trying to finish up these projects before I buy anymore, but I get the lovely email every day with great ideas... plus, you make such beautiful quilts on this board!
Old 09-10-2013, 11:42 AM

Too many to catch up with and not enough to do everything I want to do!
Old 09-10-2013, 12:17 PM

I always try to finish one project before I start another. Then I don't feel guilty when I want to go and shop for more fabric especially on line when I see good sales.
Old 09-10-2013, 06:19 PM

I am still afraid to count. I did have a rule for myself this year that was I had to finish 2 UFO's before I allowed myself to start something new. I behaved for a while. THe first problem surfaced when I had all of the easy UFO's finished. The my dad got sick and I decided my GS just had to have a quilt for his big boy bed. I needed it in 2 weeks. Then a few people announced they were pregnant and all good intentions went out the window. Maybe I will start the rules again after Christmas and get some more UFO's out of the way.
Old 09-11-2013, 10:17 AM

I have been very good and finished most of my UFO and WIP over the last 2 years. We have a quilt show in AZ where I winter and last year I wanted to show off my UFO'. I had 6 to show. This year I have 2 WIP not to get done just yet. I have finished several others and am pleased that I can work on whatever I want. My stash is quite good so no shopping for me unless really needed. Trying to watch my pennies. I really like this web site and have told others about it as well. Thanks for the fun and keep on quilting.
Old 09-12-2013, 03:58 PM

I probably have fewer than a half dozen somewhere in the planning/cutting/sewing process, another 4 or so waiting for money to send them to the LAQ and one or two in need of binding. As to ideas and fabrics bought with something in mind -- don't even ask!
Old 09-22-2013, 09:14 AM

Default How many ufo's and great ideas do you have?

As I so fondly say all the time: "Just buy me an extra large coffin and I will take it all with me, cause I would never get everything done in one lifetime." For some reason all my hubby ever says is that he just wants me to be happy. Thank God for an understanding man. Good luck with your projects, I would love to have so few as some.

Last edited by BJCRAFTY; 09-22-2013 at 09:19 AM. Reason: posted to wrong person
Old 09-22-2013, 12:51 PM

I have lots of UFO's but few great ideas. I have more fabric in my stash than I want to admit that I have purchased for a project but don't rember what the project was.

My hubby supports my hobby 100% and is with me a lot of the time when I buy fabric but he doesn't have a clue about the size of my stash nor it's value. He just thinks the piles in my sewing area are clutter and never looks in the closet. I think my motto in this case is " if he doesn't ask , I don't tell.
Old 09-22-2013, 12:59 PM

At the beginning of this year I made a list, I had 27 UFO's and fabric on hand to make 36 more projects (this includes material I inherited from my mom and ideas for scrappy quilts). As of now I have completed 13 of my UFO's and my goal is to complete 20 by the end of the year. I have been so busy with my UFO's I have only done a few projects this year, which created new UFO's. It seems like there is no end to the UFO's.