Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
I admit I neep help ! >

I admit I neep help !

I admit I neep help !

Old 09-16-2013, 04:05 AM

I too must admit to too large a stash and have been on a fabric diet for over a year, however there are some sales that are just too good to pass up (I'm a work in progress).
When I feel the need to buy I'm trying to stick to blenders, I have far too many prints that dont go together at all. Not even in a scrappy sense.
Old 09-16-2013, 05:27 AM

Location: Quilting, crocheting, sewing and crafting in my Sewing Room...Peaceful and wonderful !!

LOL well my three granddaughters never give me enough time to really get a stash set up .. LOL they have too many projects that Grandma can make .. Oh Grandma did you see the new pattern picture I sent you ?? LOL Or let's go to Jo-Ann's and see what we can find Grandma .. LOL Do they have me around their little finger or what ?? LOL OH well its all good for sure !! LOL :-)
Old 09-16-2013, 05:48 AM

Or, perhaps if there was a way to quilt faster we could catch up with our stash expansion?
Old 09-16-2013, 07:12 AM

I agree. And as long as I have space to store my stash, I will continue to enjoy it.
Old 09-16-2013, 07:35 AM

Originally Posted by marcellelee View Post
I agree. And as long as I have space to store my stash, I will continue to enjoy it.
If only I had room and organizational skills ! That is the problem, well after today I will be 9 flat rate boxes lighter from PIF ! I hope to sell at least that many more but they don't seem to be selling on ebay these days. It is hard giving it up but I know in the end I will have room to actually sew and not just collect. I have not bought more that a couple of patterns for at least a year ,and speaking of patterns , and special rulers , they are the next thing to go ! No more rulers for me , those demos at quilt shows used to suck me in , the last time I went and my friend would pause at the demo booth , I would say either I already have it or Don't let me buy it ! Anyone looking for a special ruler, a certain purse or quilt pattern ? I may have it for sale cheap ! LOL .
Old 09-16-2013, 08:15 AM

I did buy a lot of fabric at garage sales this summer but I am fortunate that I volunteer with two groups that get material donated and then I can sew quilt tops from their stash. Sometimes I sandwich and tie them too.

I also have about 6 tubs of material from my mother-in-law's stash and am working on reducing that with a niece.

Still too much fabric so I just need to take the time and do some projects and not replace from the volunteer group's stash until I have less piles!!!! One of the ladies in my church group gives me smaller pieces to use in scrappy quilts and I am waaaaaay behind in cutting and using them.

I still go into JoAnn's and buy things like rulers and thread. Soon Hobby Lobby is opening so that could be a problem.

Connie
Old 09-16-2013, 08:30 AM
Power Poster

My stash is not that large though I wish is was!!!!!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:03 AM

Golly Ladies and Men. Look at the furniture in our houses and stuff that we DON'T use! We, at least use our fabric. Don't be so hard on yourselves.
Old 09-16-2013, 09:04 AM

Cruising LQS, quilt shows, fairs, etc. is all part of the wonderful experience of quilting. You can't take away the shopping, feeling, buying, bargain-hunting part of the whole. So give yourself permission to do all those things, understanding that you are a grownup. You make your own decisions and you are not controlled by some "monster from the ID" (The Forbidden Planet...remember?). Get a grip. You can have it all; just not all at the same time. Enjoy your hobby. Please. It's such a fun way to spend time. No go out there and look around and, well, just don't buy what you don't need!
Old 09-16-2013, 09:33 AM

One of my favorite things to do is to re-organize my stash. Last time, I realized that I would never use any of the brown fabrics I had on hand and mentioned that in a posting here. A fellow board member contacted me and said she'd be happy to take the browns off my hands; she ended up with three fully-stuffed priority envelopes. So far this month I've spent close to $100 on fabrics for christmas projects because apparently my stash had none at all. Reorganized again this weekend to incorporate the new fabrics and again came across fabrics I know that I will never use. I sure would like to know why, because when I buy the fabrics I really really like them. Another thing I do is make a quilt from fabric that I really like and then feel compelled to replace that fabric with exactly the same yardage. I'm going to have to put a moratorium on all purchases because it's getting out of hand.