Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Am I the only one? >

Am I the only one?

Am I the only one?

Old 09-18-2013, 05:01 AM

I'm a fellow introvert! I've always had jobs that forced me to get out there and pretend I wasn't but there is nothing I like better than going home and being alone! I love my quiet time. I'm totally happy listening to my ipod and puttering in the sewing room all alone (except for my dog)
Old 09-18-2013, 05:19 AM

Ahhhh my sewing sanctuary. "I'll be in my sewing room". Translation- call me if you're bleeding from a head wound otherwise you won't see me til dinner time. Peace and tranquility. Cheapest therapy around.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:32 AM

I'm with you there as I can just about live in my basement where my sewing room is located. I have a full bathroom, mini kitchen, PC, Ipod for music or listening to books as well as the TV. Have an extra fridge to keep my snacks and drinks. Why ever would I need to go upstairs except maybe to sleep. If I could find a place for a recliner, I'd probably never leave except on Sundays to go to my meetings. I'm very comfortable with my own company and have rarely ever needed to be around other folks. That may sound antisocial but its not, not really. I didn't like myself for many years but I have now come around and I like who I have become. My love for quilting and sewing has given me a way to give back to others without pushing it off on them. I make quilts, etc to give to others who for whatever reason can not do it for themselves. Its my way of saying thank you for being you.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:38 AM

I too am a teacher and lone quilter. I tried to be in a local guild but they had over 90 members and that overwhelmed me!!! I like the time at my own sewing machine and the quiet. I have two granddaughters that live with me age 6 and 3! My daughter lives here also and she sews, too. So we have our own small guild, I guess!
Old 09-18-2013, 06:18 AM

Guilds are not for me. Minutes, volunteers, etc.
Loved my little group of 6 quilters.
Sure miss them now that I live too far away from them.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:29 AM

I like quilting alone. Around others I am too distracted by the conversations, oops maybe it was me talking as I find it very difficult to be around people and not talk. I just have to be alone when sewing to get anything accomplished. I learn best by reading directions and figuring them out. When I socialize I would rather just do that, socialize. I call myself an introverted-extrovert or is that an extroverted-introvert.
Old 09-18-2013, 06:58 AM

I feel the same way, I read alot on line , some times ask question at the local fabric/ machine shop, but in general I am on my own.worked 35 years now it's my quiet time(: OH! yes raised 6 kids

Last edited by Grace MooreLinker; 09-18-2013 at 07:00 AM.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:10 AM

I'm here with you.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:40 AM

I'm in my church guild but it's small, and it's my way of using my talents to help the church. But I'm basically an introvert too. I spend lots of time at home working on my projects.
Old 09-18-2013, 08:08 AM

I have spent years in Army wives clubs and church groups that I have enjoyed very much. When I sew, quilt or do my other arts and crafts I like to do them alone. I love to design and create and be able to think things through with out having others around to distract me. This is my time to relax and put problems behind me. As my kids always said that it was my chill time.