Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-18-2013, 03:09 PM

Cindy60545, that runnerisn'tu made is stupendously amazing!!

Brat, I vote for both...if someone wants to sit out Christmas they can be working on Valentine/Winter one.

Sap, you are quite the gal...TWO runners, eh??!! And both are great!

Lynnie and I are both mailing out tomorrow. If I could I would pack myself in and have a lil tour of Australia, and the quilt shops (how fun!). I'm fairly short, and not too wide, but I don't think the post office flat rate packaging will work!

Yo, since the deadline isn't until October 1st, I think you're ok...life can get crazy for us all..it's one thing to stay in touch so your partner and the leader know you're hard at work...it's another to go mia...especially if it's a habit. We know you're far from a "mia" gal!
K

Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-18-2013 at 03:13 PM.
Old 09-18-2013, 03:11 PM

Wow Sapdoggie you really hit the jackpot! Such beautiful runners Yosamitesa, the table mats and coasters are the cherry on top, great job!

Jan
Old 09-18-2013, 05:09 PM

Yosamitesa I have to say your far from a bad partner your a busy working mom. You are also friends with dear sapdoggie and I am sure she knows your very grateful and your also my dear woman a lucky friend to receive such treasures!

I have the vote I will do both join which ever runner swap you like when you can and we will be waiting for you.

I have a special request please. When you receive your partners runner do me a favor and please post immediately that day everyone gets so anxious did it arrive? did you like it? and post a picture as fast as you possibly can even if its not when you post the thank you's. If you cant take a pic ask them if they took one and can they post it. We want to see the new arrivals and your partner wants to know you enjoyed your gift. end of special service notice!

well off to check on my roasting chicken and taters. It is starting to smell delicious. dinner is almost ready! come on over!
Old 09-18-2013, 05:11 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
If I could I would pack myself in and have a lil tour of Australia, and the quilt shops (how fun!). I'm fairly short, and not too wide, but I don't think the post office flat rate packaging will work!

K
Oh kiffie2413, that would be so great, why not wait and come on over in March next year. Weather will be much better and you could stay for my black and white quilt show. How great would that be! And then we could take a road trip and visit all those quilt shops, stay over at our fishing shack and sew on the verandah ......

Anyhoo, your runner is off and running on its way to Texas so keep an eye out in a week or so for your postie delivery
Old 09-18-2013, 05:13 PM

Sapdoggie your runners for Yosamitesa are fantastic and in my most favourite of blocks too...wonder why they didn't go off course a few thousand miles and head my way
Old 09-18-2013, 05:48 PM

Beautiful runners all, I especially like the fall ones.
Wonderful you 2, sapdoggie and yosamitesa, could meet and hit it off and have so much fun. That's how the "brat" and I met too, on this board, and then low and behold we went on vacation to meet her and Steve. Something just told me I had to or I would be very sorry if I didn't. I truly mean that, I know now that I really would have. But now she's about 19 miles from me, we talk on the phone every day, sometimes 4 or 5 times a day , we both forget stuff and have to call back because we remembered, but it is so special. Wouldn't trade it for the world. Think you both, sounds like, have made that kind of connection also.
Old 09-18-2013, 05:50 PM

Originally Posted by Lynnie25 View Post
Sapdoggie your runners for Yosamitesa are fantastic and in my most favourite of blocks too...wonder why they didn't go off course a few thousand miles and head my way
Lynnie25 - They might have come to you if my plane had gotten re-routed due to storms-
But alas, sunny skies and lots of fun shop hopping across TX.

My special partner got hers hand delivered in person

Do I dare dream of a quilt retreat down your way ??? That would be great

Let's see- a trip to Pink Lady way up north and then a trip to see you

I really do need to get that passport .
Old 09-18-2013, 05:54 PM

kiffie 2413- How about one of those boxes Fedex advertises for sending golf clubs in their bags. There would even be pockets for you to stow fabric in for the return trip.
Old 09-18-2013, 07:33 PM

My runner is packed up and handed off to Dusty for mailing. Thank you Cindy for being so understanding. It'll go out tomorrow by priority mail and I'm hoping you'll get it Saturday. If they can get it to Washington state in 3 days, surely they can get it to you, right? OK, that may be asking too much. So let's say watch out Saturday & Monday!
Old 09-18-2013, 11:41 PM

First off, I have been trying out my new Xoom tablet my son and hubby got me for Christmas (yep, Christmas, taken me that long to get brave enough to try it beyond games and reading..kinda like when my Janome Horizon came in.. gheez...lol). Anywhose, when I am typing a reply sometimes it inserts my words into the quote above mine.. I try to catch it once I notice it.
So, Cindy 60545, my reply should've said the runner you made was stupendously amazing! Instead of the gibberish that I posted. Maybe there's a reason I wait so long to try new things (said with eye roll).

Lynnie, that would be a dream to visit you, in Australia, and the quilt shopping, and sewing together, and your fishing cabin (hubby would love that!). A black and white quilt with maybe some green, blue, or red is on my bucket list.. I just ordered in and received a flat fold bundle from fabric4less.com of black and white and black and red fabrics..about 5 yards of each one.. I just unpacked the box..petting all the lovelies..lol.. I will probably sell some of them, as you can only order it in the bundle, and I know I won't be using that much yardage of each one...but I just "had" to have them for Grammy's Fabric Shop (my lil granddaughter's name for my fabric room).

Sapdoggie, good idea about Fed-ex...now there's a thought...especially having pockets for fabric storage...and bringing Lynnie back so she can visit my neck of the woods here in Texas!

Brat, thanks for the "special service announcement" .. I agree, love knowing my "goodies" were received..and I love seeing everyones good fortune!! Ok, ok, maybe envying some just a tad, too..in a nice way...lol
Kif
PS: YAY for Christmas runner and then a Valentine/Winter runner! I actually made 2 Christmas runners last year, so I am ready to mail!!! For once I'm not racing to catch up...Lol