Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
September fq (fat quarter) swap >

September fq (fat quarter) swap

September fq (fat quarter) swap

Old 09-19-2013, 01:50 PM

Sunrise450 Thank you.Aleays hard I think when you lose the first sibling.
Old 09-19-2013, 01:59 PM

Brenda, I'm sure with the school year starting up your days are very full. I hope to see your name on the list of swappers. And one day to have you as my partner.
Enjoy having less stress and know that I 'm sure one of the regulars will step up.

Marie
Old 09-19-2013, 02:32 PM

tubsfam,
You are welcome, but no thanks needed...my Dad always called it "common courtesy" rest his soul...I only have one sibling, a brother, 6 years older...and while we aren't as close as a lot of siblings are, I can't imagine how you are feeling. Take care of yourself!
Kif
Old 09-19-2013, 05:35 PM

Names have been sent-ONE swap per person-if you want to do more than that, I suggest that you do side swaps..please mail out ASAP.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:21 PM
Power Poster

Thanks Brenda,I recieved mine.Hope things get better for you. Hugs Mary
Old 09-19-2013, 06:53 PM

tubsfam sorry to hear of your loss. It's a hard thing to go through for anyone, but I do wish you comfort and peace. Thanks for the name Brenda, will ship as soon as possible. Sorry for you with the computer virus, it's happened to me and it's not fun at all. That being said, this is YOUR swap and YOU are the hostess so please stay. I started doing this when I first signed up for the QB and it has been a pleasure. Thank you so much, if you go....I go, it wont' be the same to me without you.
Old 09-19-2013, 06:59 PM

Thanks for the name, Brenda....I've been wanting this one.... And no need for apologies. Please reconsider your decision to leave us I know I'm not along in saying I'm glad you are still with us....I second everything Jaba said...you do a great job hostessing this swap and although I've only been in it a few months I've really enjoyed the swap and the chatting.

Last edited by kathymarie; 09-19-2013 at 07:01 PM.
Old 09-20-2013, 12:36 AM

[QUOTEiElisabrat;6296522]ohh goody! I think today we get names! fabric lots of beautiful fabric, not sure which to cut yet as I said I could do either so patience once again for the brat. oh shoot that isn't fun at all this patience stuff. lets do away with that and just go to the now part. You might guess I have a heck of a time with a present you receive that your told not to open til.. it says just open me a tiny bit.. just peak a tiny bit.. oh heck open it no one will know you can retape it if you have to. Yup that is me.[/QUOTE]

Brat, I just read this and have to tell you one Christmas when I was maybe 8 yrs old I snuck into our den, got under the tree and oh so carefully (I thought) opened every one of my gifts. I then carefully (thought) re-taped them back. Of course it was obvious to my mom with her "mom eagle eyes" that all of my pkgs had been "tampered" with. Being the smart cookie she was (still is, despite her thinking she's not due to chemo brain) she didn't say one word about it.. I just knew I was "home free"! Along comes Christmas morning..we are all getting set to open presents..I opened my first one I oohed and aahed, acting surprised (poorly, no Oscar for me). In our family, the tradition is 1 person opens 1 gift, next person then opens 1 gift. We start youngest to oldest, go around, repeat til all gifts are opened. When my turn came around again, less enthusiasm, as I knew what was in the box. As you have probably guessed, that year stands out in my mind as the least fun one for me (on gifts, not the true meaning of Christmas, at least for me). I had spoiled my own fun..and my mom was so smart to know that's exactly what would happen. It was yrs later that I mentioned it..she and I both had a good chuckle at how I meted out my own punishment..every yr since then, it's a standing joke that someone wraps up a pkg of tape for me with a tag addressed to Nosey Rosey. Note inside says " In case you run out next time you need to re-seal your own pkg." It's then signed "Santa"..
Kif
Old 09-20-2013, 03:26 AM

I love this swap, Brenda you will be missed. (((hugs))) to yo, I respect your wishes to not continue. Thanks for all the work you have done for us.
Old 09-20-2013, 04:35 AM

Default swap

Good morning. My fat quarters are in the mail. I side swapped so I had to go out and buy a few pieces for the official swap, broke my heart... not really. I am stalking the mailman now so I can begin a Halloween quilt. My husband was very happy that I didn't buy so much that he has to move out of the house! He also was gracious and said I could put a Halloween quilt on our king size bed if I wanted to. Silly man, I love Halloween so plan to begin cutting tonight.
Happy swapping all!