Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Ok please post your opinions! Change in plans? >

Ok please post your opinions! Change in plans?

Ok please post your opinions! Change in plans?

Old 09-21-2013, 05:00 AM
Power Poster

Take your time to decide. Leave DH at home to take care of the little one and go test sew on all the machines you can. You may find you like a Brother, or Bernina, or Viking better. Honestly I don't see how your DH can be much help if he doesn't know machines other then to ask you why don't you get this one, it's the same as the last five you tested. LOL
Old 09-21-2013, 05:44 AM

Default love my 6600

Originally Posted by rmb282 View Post
Hey Ladies (and Gents) in my previous post I was so excited that DH was taking me sewing machine shopping tonight. Well I called the dealer to make sure that they had the Janome 6600P and 7700 in stock. Of course they sold the last floor model yesterday but have a 6600P at their other location. They also sell Baby Lock. He explained on the phone that they sell 4X more Baby Lock Melodies to quilters than Janome. He told me all about some of the advantages but I'm sure that maybe there are some disadvantages. Either way I believe we will go test drive the baby lock, I'm just disappointed that I won't be able to test drive the Janome too. So I guess I'm just asking what all you quilters think between a Janome 6600P or Baby Lock Melody? Thanks for your opinions, I really value your help.
I own a 6600 and love it. It is a true workhorse. If you quilt it has a large harp space and accufeed which is great for piecing. It has many feet to compliment the accufeed. stitch in the ditch, quarter inch feet, scant quarter inch. As you can tell I love it. If you would like to know more about it you can join the janome forum which is people sharing their love for this machine. You can join even if you do not own the machine yet. Unfortunately I had an accident and lost the full use of my left hand. This made it difficult for me to unscrew the feet on and off. I am putting my baby on ebay hoping it will get adopted by someone who loves it as much as I do. If you have any questions that I could help with you can email me at [email protected]
Old 09-21-2013, 11:02 AM

Originally Posted by Lisa_wanna_b_quilter View Post
Don't buy anything until you test drive the one that interests you. If you do, you'll always wonder "what if".
This is so true! If you have to-wait. A few days wait to find the Janome and test drive it, is well worth it. Any salesman can talk up whatever he is trying to move off his floor. They used to call those dudes "floor flushers" Hold out for what you want and not what he's selling today!
Old 09-22-2013, 10:27 AM

I have the 6600P and 2 other Janome machines and 3 babylock machines currently, but not the Melody. I have owned numerous Janomes and Babylock machines since 1990 and have always been satisfied with all of them. I upgrade at least every 2-3 years, sometimes more often. I don't think you could go wrong with either machine as long as you have good dealer support.