Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-21-2013, 01:55 PM

createfourpaws are you dropping out or are you mailing to your partner? I need to hear back asap please. This is news to me and late news at that.
Old 09-21-2013, 02:53 PM

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
createfourpaws are you dropping out or are you mailing to your partner? I need to hear back asap please. This is news to me and late news at that.

No I am not dropping out of this swap, yes I am dropping out of other swaps.
Old 09-21-2013, 04:15 PM

[QUOTE=Elisabrat;630508amy thoughts on taking the quilting out.. why is your quilt not laying 'right'? is it the quilting or the piecing that is causing this to bother you? is it the type of batting, is it too thick so its too poofy? someone will have the right answer if you post the details

I too am excited to see the rest role in. We have a bit more time to finish up so please please please say you have STARTED

today has been a pookey day for me and I am posting this as a warning to everyone with cats. My cat started getting sick last night throwing up and throwing up.. just water but all night long. would not eat today. Still was getting sick and by 11 am I had to call the vet. I was hoping it would go away. no such luck. The vet actually sent someone out to pick up the cat as I had no car to get the cat there before it closed. They were worried he needed to be seen immediately as its pretty unusual for a cat to throw up so much for so long. Well long and short.. the cat likes to bite through the thread top of the machine.. cant tell you how often I have sat down to sew only to discover the thread is broken. Apparently he not only bit it he had it wrapped around his tongue and down his throat. He is in surgery now to find out if they can pull it up or if he has to go abdominal. He should be just fine. A horrible day/night for both of us and a bill now facing me at anywhere from $600 to $1200 all because I don't cover my machine when finished. I have no excuse I had a case for it but never bothered using it. Bother using yours please.[/QUOTE]

Somehow I missed this post, glad your kitty will be ok, sorry for the hit to the pocketbook! I know from having a kitty "daughter" in the past that it's terrible when they are ill..and while the Vet bills can be expensive, we do what we need to because we love our pets. I have to admit I have been remiss in covering my machines, too..sure most of us have been. Thanks for the reminder that not only is it better for our machines, but better for our fur babies.
Take care,
Kif
Old 09-21-2013, 04:31 PM

Sapdoggie;6305913]I am thinking... I know that is a dangerous thing ... We could start an "exchange and share" with the runnershome run! year, keep the one made for you, second year- exchange with some one else, then keep it going around the world. What well traveled runners we would have. I can hear all of the stories the runners would tell- do you know how I was used ?, Do you know what I saw?......

kiffie2413- thanks for the addition to my humble rhyming attempt-

brat- hope your kitty remembers to stay away form the machine- even when it is tightly covered [/QUOTE]

Sapdoggie,
I love your idea and think the exchange and share sounds like a lot of fun..only thing that may be hard is our international swappers. I know Brat told me I was one of 3 that was able to ship international..so not sure how we could work that.. I love trading with other countries, seeing what they have, and sharing a "bit o' Texas" with them. But I totally understand it's not possible for some people to ship international.
Regarding my so called "poet" skills, if you notice the post time, it kind of shows what people come up with in the middle of the night when sleep should be occurring!..lol...My health issues do a number on my sleep..I guess I should apologize to you all, as then I do a number on y'all with my ramblings...

Dabbler, that fabric is lovely! I'm a sucker for most fabrics with metallic accent..add in that it's "Autumn-y" and you scored a homerun!
Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-21-2013 at 04:38 PM.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:28 PM

Yea!! I have finished my table runner - even as I'm packing up my house (We are starting major renovations much earlier than I had anticipated!!). I've already sent a PM to my partner. I plan to mail on Monday.
Old 09-21-2013, 06:43 PM

I finished Alicia's runner today! Finally :/ All ready to ship out on Monday.
Here's one last sneak peek!
[ATTACH=CONFIG]437345[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0498.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	432.8 KB
ID:	437345  
Old 09-21-2013, 07:11 PM

Originally Posted by kiffie2413 View Post
Regarding my so called "poet" skills, if you notice the post time, it kind of shows what people come up with in the middle of the night when sleep should be occurring!..lol...My health issues do a number on my sleep..I guess I should apologize to you all, as then I do a number on y'all with my ramblings...

Kif
Keep it up, I love your sleep deprived ramblings.... that poem is delightful
Old 09-21-2013, 09:51 PM

Thanks Lynnie...

Good deal, Raspberryparade09! I know it's a relief to check things off when you're getting ready for major renovations. Good luck with it all!

Tlambing, I cannot wait to see that whole runner...Now why doesn't the post office ship out on Sunday??!!

I shall try and give y'all a rest tonight...try...
Kif
Old 09-22-2013, 06:11 AM

sorry but my runners are MINE lol. I am not sharing. greedy wench. I like them, I like the familiarity after a season and always enjoy pulling them out next season.. kinda like oh look at this! you forget about them and they are all new all over again. good thought though. have at it.. can't have mine. they were made special for me

ok that fabric dabbler I am such a total sucker for metallic in fabrics they make them so rich looking to me.

createfourpaws, glad to hear your not leaving us and are finishing your runner for your partner I know she will be thrilled also. we will miss you if you are taking a hiatus from sewing for swaps for a while as we have a new one coming up in short order for Christmas/winter.

tick tock tick tock does anyone see the calendar??? yes only a few days left so get sewing! I am off to finish a runner for another swap and then its round robin times! lots of round robin times. I am in three. they are easy the first round or two then the tops get real big quick and your doing a whole lot of work on them. I get nervous each time they move forward. I want all the little centers! lol..
Old 09-22-2013, 06:31 AM

Originally Posted by sapdoggie View Post
I am thinking... I know that is a dangerous thing ... We could start an "exchange and share" with the runners, First year, keep the one made for you, second year- exchange with some one else, then keep it going around the world. What well traveled runners we would have. I can hear all of the stories the runners would tell- do you know how I was used ?, Do you know what I saw?......
Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
sorry but my runners are MINE lol. I am not sharing. greedy wench. I like them, I like the familiarity after a season and always enjoy pulling them out next season.. kinda like oh look at this! you forget about them and they are all new all over again. good thought though. have at it.. can't have mine. they were made special for me
I think among a small group, this would be fun. Everyone who the runner visits would have to add on the back of it their name, city/state/country, where it was used, and if anything extra special happened while you had it. I do think that a year would be a long time for each person to hold it though. Maybe not a special occasion type runner, and rotate it monthly? How about a birthday runner? Surely we have a few people who would take it for either their birthday month or when someone special is having a birthday, like maybe the impending birth of a grandchild? It could even just be a placemat like this one!

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8y3ny4429g...2009.59.21.jpg

Sorry I've been MIA the last few days, but I got a new car out if it!

Last edited by DustysMomma; 09-22-2013 at 06:34 AM.