Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
  • Christmas ornament swap 2013 >
  • Christmas ornament swap 2013

• Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 09-23-2013, 02:35 PM

Newbie here, am I understanding correctly that we just have to make 1 or 2 ornaments for this swap? How did you get the photos of so many? Sorry if I am not getting the facts straight, I have a headache and I do not usually get them.
    Laurel
    Old 09-23-2013, 02:56 PM

Welcome - yes you understand correctly - make one or two ornaments...Thing is, usually folks make more than that just for fun. Some do just make one, but most do more.. You only have ONE partner, so it's up to you if you wish to send more than the one or two. Hope that 'splains it all..lol

Jean

Originally Posted by oneteappot
    Newbie here, am I understanding correctly that we just have to make 1 or 2 ornaments for this swap? How did you get the photos of so many? Sorry if I am not getting the facts straight, I have a headache and I do not usually get them.
    Laurel
    Old 09-23-2013, 05:11 PM

Kiffie they are soooo cute!!! the yo yo with baby Jesus is very sweet! Looks like it was a fun workshop!
    Old 09-23-2013, 05:48 PM

Originally Posted by oneteappot
    Laurel
    So sorry...didn't mean to confuse anyone...I am just posting pics of the ornaments that were made at my lqs this past Saturday..and the prior pic was ornaments from last year. Every year we do a Christmas ornament class..I had told Brenda I would share pics, just to give others ideas...I can't take credit for making all of those ornaments, either...lol...We each make a few, and share ideas. If there are extras they go on the little Christmas tree that the owner keeps up year round to display the ornaments "advertising" for next year's class.

Cindy,
    I don't know which ones I will make for sure yet. I have a couple made, but they aren't in any of the pics I posted. I have a hard time sticking to just 2..I want to surprise my partner, too...
    I sure wish I had the problem of sticking to just 2 when it comes to all the ufos I have around here...sigh...
    Thanks to you all for all the great feedback!
    Kif

Last edited by kiffie2413; 09-23-2013 at 05:52 PM.
    Old 09-23-2013, 05:55 PM

Originally Posted by brenda21
    Kiffie they are soooo cute!!! the yo yo with baby Jesus is very sweet! Looks like it was a fun workshop!
    Thanks, Brenda..I can't take credit for that one...My good friend Sandee (and ornament class leader) loves yo yos!! She decided to make an angel with hers this year...and put the glitter around the head to be the halo.
    K
    Old 09-24-2013, 11:48 AM

I am wanting to join, need to look at my time schedule to be able to get them out but the due date. I will know more later in the week.

I love Christmas and the ornaments. Will send the PM as soon as I see what is going on with mom's pending surgery.
    Old 09-24-2013, 07:25 PM

Let me see what I come up with and then I will join. I would like to have them made before joining. I love doing the ornament swap.
    Old 09-25-2013, 01:27 AM

Originally Posted by createfourpaws
    I am wanting to join, need to look at my time schedule to be able to get them out but the due date. I will know more later in the week.

I love Christmas and the ornaments. Will send the PM as soon as I see what is going on with mom's pending surgery.
    Will keep you and your mom in my prayers.
    Kif
    Old 09-25-2013, 07:20 AM

Lynnie is such an arm breaker. Looking into this. Pretty busy schedule. Would love to participate. Will have to see what I can get done to have some fun.
    Old 09-25-2013, 11:15 AM

This will be my first ornament swap. I am so excited. Going to start looking through my stash of fabric and patterns tonight.