Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-28-2013, 04:42 AM

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY BRAT!!!
Now I have a fun story for you. Yesterday I was on my way to work (I work 10 hrs a week in my LQS) and was going to be too early so I swung into a little thrift shop I pass every day I work. I had never been in there and I didn't expect to find anything but when I wandered to the back they had a shelf of quilt books....well I need another one like I need a hole in the head but then I ran across a little pile of quilt patterns. SOOOOOO...I found the most awesome quilt pattern for Brat! Hahaha. I didn't even know you had a Bday till this am when I went to post this, so it was definitely a meant to be! anyway I picked up that pattern cause I immediately thought of you Brat. So please pm me your address so I can get it sent off.
Now don't give me any flack about it, just let me send this cuz you are gonna love it! I will explain a little more after she receives it and shows y'all! Waiting to hear from you Brat.....toes tapping.
Old 09-28-2013, 07:04 AM

Awesome quilts ladies!!!
Old 09-28-2013, 09:59 AM

Linda so glad you love your runner, it was fun trying something new. Can't wait for mine to get here.
Terriamn
Old 09-29-2013, 12:48 AM

Linda,
Lovely runner that terriamn sent you! And I must tell you I am right there with you on fmq... But, this month I not only did some fmq on my swapee's runner, but I actually left it in!! Woo-hoo!! I didn't take my seam ripper to it, and revert back to straight line quilting and hand quilting. My hubby was impressed, as he has been known to say he thinks I like taking out my quilting more than the actual quilting..the turkey.. This time I proved him wrong!
Cogito,
Hope things get better for you soon.. It's no fun having health issues, but I try and keep in mind that things could be worse for my family and I.. doesn't mean I don't have my days of feeling "down", tho. I think that's only human. Now my toes are tappin' too, waiting to see what you found for Brat!!
Brat,
Loving the fabrics in your quilt!
Regards all,
Kif
Old 09-29-2013, 04:00 AM

Thank you to Jillnjo for posting a picture of the table runner I received. It is beautiful and I love it! My life is all about moving right now - the store where I work just moved, and I need to be moving out of my house. My daughter is buying my house and starting renovations soon.
Old 09-29-2013, 04:37 AM

Cognito will pm you asap! oh goody suprises! and to everyone who does sometimes not get an acknowledgement from me please note that I try hard to remember to do things but even little stuff sometimes goes fling right out the window in my memory bank and low and behold a bit later like weeks it hits me did I say thank you or did I write them back and still memory visitation being what it is.. I can't recall that either. then other days its clear as all heck. so do not take it as a slight I do not mean one.

I was given the ok to run another runner swap on the condition I do not mention Christmas. Partners can decide on if they want that as their winter theme but no word of Christmas will be used in the original (key word) posting of my swap so that all feel welcome. Of course all were welcome from the get go but its probably a good idea to make it more group friendly. there are two other Christmas swaps going now Secret Santa and Ornaments by Brenda and PatriceJ feels we don't need another Christmas swap. wonder can I use the word Holiday? this would cover Kwanza, Hanukkah and maybe all the other holidays that come up in Dec and Jan? maybe?? careful wording so feel free to offer any other good words to use? will post this today or tomorrow for sign up starts.. just thinking on words first..
Old 09-29-2013, 05:03 AM

Brat, I'd just go with winter in the title, then plug the any holiday in the sign up/original post. Staying under that radar, so to speak. We'll all keep an eye out for what you decide.
Old 09-29-2013, 08:44 AM

Boy, if I ever need ideas, just come and check out all the runners - they are all so nice.

Thank you Brat for hosting the swap.
Old 09-29-2013, 09:18 AM

I am in awe of the work every one has done on these runners. They are all amazing and I wish I was able to replicate them all! So many ideas and colors. I am working on cleaning up my sewing messes before finishing a fall table runner for a friend here. Then it will be getting ready for a quilting retreat 10/25-27, maybe I can make a winter table runner.....or holiday one for a new swap. Thank you Elisabrat for all your great organization of this swap and keeping all of us on track! Loved it and looking at all the talent posted just makes me giggle with delight.
Old 09-30-2013, 03:36 AM

Well, since the first day of spring isn't until March 20, 2014, then valentines could be included in the winter swap as well! Brat, that's something to consider! My mother loves valentine colors and would love a valentine colored runner made by one of my talented friends....and the man wouldn't ask me how many more runners we were going to get, lol!