Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 09-30-2013, 06:14 PM

And the beautiful tablerunners keep rolling in. Love the Halloween one and Terriamn, the colors in your runner blend so nicely together.

Aaah, grandchildren *sigh* but a distance hope for me But I am collecting Australian Animal and Bird Cards from the local supermarket which I thought I could put in with one of my US bound packages so they can be handed on to grandchildren (or even adults or children) - after all we all need to keep learning something new every day.
Old 09-30-2013, 06:35 PM

I made this grand quilt several years back (like 10) out of wombat fabric. I did a whack and stack. it was very aboriginal and womat filled. ants too I think.. loved that quilt. wish I had more of that fabric. its was amazingly grand I now have nephews who are young and would adore it. sigh.. time flies when your having too much fun. Our children should learn about everyone and all the countries. it would so much reduce discrimination if you had feelings or empathy for others...

these runners are so cool aren't they? I can not wait to see what you all create for the winter swap. I know the wheels are spinning already. SIGN UP. that's a direct order, I mean request, from your loving swap leader.
Old 10-01-2013, 07:43 AM

OK here I sit wondering why your not flying over to the other swap to join up? I mean its ME hello! your wonderous swap leader (roll your eyes go ahead I cant see) wishing you would join up. You did such a fantastic job before you have oodles of time to start one now if your done here and be ready early in the new swap. I will pair up to my best ability Christmas with Christmas, kwanza with kwanza, purple elephants with purple elephants so that everyone gets what they wants and is pleased with what they get (ie maybe not a purple elephant?).

now to the sticky stuff. Today EL HEFE here is going to go over who has sent who hasn't and if I am unsure why your late I will send a note to you (I deleted a bunch of those by mistake). IF YOU don't answer me your name will be put up here for all to see .. not fun. If I don't get an answer in 24 hours from you sorry short time but really we all had the same amount of time to make these.. I will not be able to allow you to join future swaps. UNLESS you are in the hospital, 10 feet under, suffering from computeritis.. good excuses. SO TALK TO ME BEFORE I TALK TO YOU. you have been duly warned. sigh.. why can't everyone play fair is my big question??? praying its the case this time wouldn't that be wonderful??
Old 10-01-2013, 07:54 AM

I am not running over there as I am too busy with mom's upcoming surgery and spinal injections. Still trying to complete what I am already committed to do. I want to as I love the winter holiday.

I am late in my mailing, needs to be quilted and will be done this weekend and mailed out. I am so sorry for having to go on the naughty list. Mom has been taking up a lot of my time even after working 10 hours a day at work. UGH I need a 50 hour day and then maybe I can get stuff done, and not have a breakdown myself. I am trying to take time for myself and will do that after Friday, we have her pre op appointment for medical release.
Old 10-01-2013, 12:42 PM

well put, Brat. We never used to have problems in the swaps til just recently. Now people sign up & forget about it. It's happened to me just recently. Don't know the reasons why, but I wish it would stop!
I'm not signing up for the new swap because of other commitments. I'll catch the Valentine one.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
well put, Brat. We never used to have problems in the swaps til just recently. Now people sign up & forget about it. It's happened to me just recently. Don't know the reasons why, but I wish it would stop!
I'm not signing up for the new swap because of other commitments. I'll catch the Valentine one.

I agree with you Cindy....I realized mid month that I was signing up for too much and dropped them before partners we assigned or due dates for mailing to a hostess for swapping. There are several I would love to do but realize my time is very limited to get infront of the sewing machine.

I hate that I am running late in my commitments that I need to complete right now. When I signed up didn't expect to be spending all my time off work running mom to doctor appointments, am glad we found out what was going on with her, so it can be correct and prayerful she will be back to her old self, with her quilting and embroidery she loves to do. Some times life gets in the way when we have plans for other things. We do have to set a plan and work the plan. Everything I have outstanding, my plan is to work on this weekend. Friday mom has appointments for her pre op approval and Monday I have to follow up with my appointments that I was putting off for her appointments. It will all work out.
Old 10-01-2013, 01:58 PM

Oh I agree Cindy - makes my hackles rise! If some would just communicate, it would help so much.

CFourPaws, I understand your problem...My mom came down with the Shingles on July 3rd - she's STILL 'laid out' so to speak...They just whipped her! She stays in bed all day, gets up, does her thing, mite eat a bit, then goes back to bed...I told my friend the other nite, I feel like I've lost 3 mos!! I have to stick close by in case she gets up and needs me. I do think doing my swaps has kept me going tho - it's my salvation..lol We just have to do what we have to do... I hope things go well for your mama..

Hugs
Jean
Old 10-01-2013, 04:00 PM

Originally Posted by Oksewnsew View Post
Oh I agree Cindy - makes my hackles rise! If some would just communicate, it would help so much.

CFourPaws, I understand your problem...My mom came down with the Shingles on July 3rd - she's STILL 'laid out' so to speak...They just whipped her! She stays in bed all day, gets up, does her thing, mite eat a bit, then goes back to bed...I told my friend the other nite, I feel like I've lost 3 mos!! I have to stick close by in case she gets up and needs me. I do think doing my swaps has kept me going tho - it's my salvation..lol We just have to do what we have to do... I hope things go well for your mama..

Hugs
Jean
I know what you mean about Shingles. Mom gets them also, praying that she doesn't have a breakout between now and surgery or injection. When I am work mom's husband is there to help out. He is not in the greatest health either. So between both of them they can keep me busy with doctor appointments.

I will say a prayer for your mom to recover from her struggles.

Hugs
Old 10-01-2013, 04:00 PM

I'm gonna have to sit out the Winter Frolic Sign Up I'm afraid. Starting to get mighty busy getting quilts finished ready for my Quilt Show in March. So much to do and just not enough hours in the day, even though I sit and sew for at least 8-10 of them a day, other less important stuff seems to always get in the way...ya know - cooking, DH, grocery shopping, DH, exercise, DH
Old 10-01-2013, 05:30 PM

LOLO Lynnie25, don't forget the bathroom trips...That and letting the dogs out, then in...Sooo many things to do, not enough time..