Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What will you never do again in your sewing/quilting room? >

What will you never do again in your sewing/quilting room?

What will you never do again in your sewing/quilting room?

Old 10-02-2013, 12:05 PM

I learned not to spray baste in my kitchen. That stuff is a bear to get off the flooring. Just when you thought you got it all, there's another sticky spot
Old 10-02-2013, 12:11 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
How funny! I did all the bill paying for the first 25 years, then told my husband it was time for a trade - he got the checkbook and I got the remote. He took the checkbook and actually did a good job with it, but I still didn't get the remote. In a few more years it will be 50, and then it's my turn to take back the accounting. At least very little of it is done with the checkbook anymore.
One year for Christmas I asked for my own remote. As I was unwrapping it, my daughter was humming "Dueling Banjos" When husband realized that I too had the power, we got along very well. We've been married 53 years.
Old 10-02-2013, 12:54 PM

Originally Posted by dunster View Post
How funny! I did all the bill paying for the first 25 years, then told my husband it was time for a trade - he got the checkbook and I got the remote. He took the checkbook and actually did a good job with it, but I still didn't get the remote. In a few more years it will be 50, and then it's my turn to take back the accounting. At least very little of it is done with the checkbook anymore.
Oh dear totally off the rails here but have to say my DH at 65 is EMOTIONALLY INCAPABLE of having direct-deposit for his paychecks, using on-line bill-pay and balancing his bank account, getting e-bills...He is a mass of paperwork.
Old 10-02-2013, 01:01 PM

Originally Posted by aborning View Post
I will never again cut minky fabric in my sewing room--or in any room in my house!
Oh ditto ditto ditto
I have sworn off minky entirely - even outside - and gave away every little bit of what I had to someone on the board who makes adorable stuffed animals.

My quilting lab is my castle - family rules are knock before entering, wear protective footwear against the pins, don't bring in food, don't come in all pet-hairy or with garden-shoes, and don't mess with the design board!
Old 10-02-2013, 01:47 PM

Originally Posted by BellaBoo View Post
I will not make room for a bed for someone to sleep in my sewing room.
Agree, agree...I purposely have mine filled with vintage machines as well as my Janome and my embroidery machine, so we can only have one couple at a time for vacation visits. Love it.
Old 10-02-2013, 02:00 PM
Power Poster

What will I never do in my sewing room again? Take awful custom sewing jobs with tacky fabrics I hate to work with. Life is too short for that!
Old 10-02-2013, 07:47 PM

What I will never do again, re: sewing room...leave the room with the machine still plugged in and a very young gr-dtr in the house....woo eee, biggest bird nest I ever saw on the machine. Had to take it to a repair shop to get it fixed.
Old 10-02-2013, 07:50 PM

Using my feet for closing drawers. I used my foot to close my plastic 3 drawer storage drawer plastic storage units I bought at Walmart. I keep my scraps in these. Well the other day I used my foot to close the bottom drawer and I cracked it just because I was to frigging lazy to bend over and close it properly. It looks pretty tacky now with a big crack down the front of the bottom drawer.
Old 10-02-2013, 08:11 PM
Power Poster

I will not garden without my gloves....doing my handwork and thread basting my DIL's quilt is very painful....my hands are covered in cuts from ripping out kikuyu and cleaning up a potted Yukka without gloves..IDIOT!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 03:24 AM

I will NEVER AGAIN think that I can keep it clean! Neat, picked up, no puzels on the floor (puzels are cut off threads, little pieces of fabric, i.e. dog-ears! In My Dreams!! It is a waste of time, and energy and the good feeling I am having while I am sewing. Heaven forbid I should think about puzels on the floor while I am in the process of producing a masterpiece - IN MY MIND!!!!! At the end of the day of sewing, I will vacuum up the floor! I will straighten up my sewing table and ironing board. You will note that I did not say the C word - clean! Picked up to a point, but cleaned - NO! Not until I am through making the quilt or whatever. Then everything gets cleaned, dusted, windows to mopboards. Not to mention the sewing machine. Clean! Then, I just start all over again. Very simple, very easy. People know that my little sewing area is a part of the front room (hey, we only - sorry, I only have a four room house plus bathroom - it was big enough for son growing up, husband and I after son left home, went to school and got married. It's a little bigger now since my husband died, a little lonelier, but big enough for me and my puzels!!!! Edie

Last edited by Edie; 10-03-2013 at 03:27 AM.