Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What color to paint quilt room >

What color to paint quilt room

What color to paint quilt room

Old 10-02-2013, 05:21 AM

Originally Posted by Buckeye Rose View Post
My room is currently a bright lemon yellow.....just doesn't cut it with me....time to repaint, but too many things to finish first.....next paint job will be an OSU gray with red trim and a big "O" on one wall.....my sewing room has to make me happy when I am in there, so being Ohio State colors will definitely make me happy!
OH---Red and Gray would be VERY depressing. I HIGHLY suggest MAIZE and BLUE!!!!!!!!!!! With a BLOCK M on that one wall!!!!!!!!!! LOL
Old 10-02-2013, 05:38 AM

I painted both quilting studio and sewing room a light sunshine yellow. It makes me happy! Paint it whatever color makes you happy, it's your room!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]439292[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_6507.JPG
Views:	364
Size:	62.9 KB
ID:	439292  

Last edited by Christine-; 10-02-2013 at 05:46 AM.
Old 10-02-2013, 09:31 AM

pale yellow/gold with white-where you can see it. Mostly covered by design wall and shelves of fabric. One small window but lots of Ott light!!

Do what makes you happy and in a colour you like. That is the best colour for you!!

Rest of house is a pale sea foam or pale blue/gray.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:01 AM

I know it's against every rule but I also love flat black walls in small rooms. I had my (TINY) art studio painted flat black at my prior house and I LOVED it. No reflections, no color changes, and even though everyone says it makes rooms feel small, it actually made the room feel HUGE because the walls essentially vanished. Repainting the room before I moved was horrible, though, so I haven't done black walls again in this house because I know we won't stay here long enough to make the effort worthwhile.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:09 AM

Mine is in the basement, no natural light. I've tried various whites and yellows and they just didn't work for me. I ended up with a very pale pink. It has made a world of difference--very light and bright (I have good lighting) and very calming and cheerful. It doesn't look especially pink--just clean and light.
Old 10-02-2013, 10:30 AM

Mine is lime green with pink on everything that did not walk away in protest! They are both colors I thought I would never use in my home but I love it in my quilting room because it is bright and cheerful.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:06 PM

Mine is a light taupe above the chair rail, darker taupe below. It was the colors of daughter's bedroom when she moved out and I find it very soothing.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:23 PM

We bought a house with an unfinished bonus room above the garage which became my sewing room. We started from scratch and I went with a pale refreshing green from Sherwin Williams called Acanthus. I feel relaxed and energized every time I walk in there. There is a large window and I have lots of stand lamps so I don't notice differences in color perception. It's your room. Paint it what ever color makes you happy. Some color theorists suggest that green inspires creativity, blue is calming, red and orange suggest energy. However if you paint your room a color you aren't in love with, you won't be happy in there.
Old 10-02-2013, 05:32 PM

I've had the goal of getting rid of yellow paint in my house so that color is out, I would choose a beige color. But it's your choice for sure.
Old 10-03-2013, 10:12 AM

I would say white or off white, or any very light color for the light reflection. You need all the light you can get in the sewing room