NCIS.....new season

Old 10-03-2013, 06:46 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingcandy View Post
We just watched it. I did like it. The fact they didn't kill off Ziva was a relief to me. One of those feelings that she could return when the series goes into a final season. Would love to see them bring one of the folks from JAG in an episode. (Since NCIS is a spin-off from JAG.)
Just found JAG on the Insp channel. Don't know if it's everywhere though. I would like to see Harm come back on something. He was on GCB last year but it was cancelled. Mac has been on several shows lately.
Old 10-03-2013, 06:52 AM

We all whined when QB changed its format but we are all still here.... Changes are not easy but we adapt. Ziva will still make cameo appearances. They did not write her character out by killing her. She has a life outside of NCIS and there are personal reasons she needed to take time off. The door is open for her to come back. But I think she is pregnant her face was a bit on the round side and they never showed her figure....
Old 10-03-2013, 06:58 AM

I love this all so. Now we have been big fans for yrs. The writer are good they cast work great. Now that said I do not know about this new person they are casting she plays on HBO. I feel it started off this way cus they were thrown a boom shell with Zeva and had to put some in fast.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:00 AM

ya I thought so to. She kind of look far along to me
Old 10-03-2013, 07:14 AM

I have been watching all the old episodes and just jumped up to the current season to see Ziva's exit. I was okay with it, I will miss the character but I have faith the writers will keep the show going.

What kind of confused me was the whole point of Ziva's leaving (I missed the first episode, so maybe that's why). Was it that she was finding herself crossing the line, killing people as part of her job and then killing people when maybe it wasn't part of her job, like Gibbs did in Mexico, and then trying to come to terms with that? The note said "Stop this for him," which meant Gibbs. Did she want to stop living that life so Gibbs wouldn't feel guilty for her becoming like him?

And did Tony let her go to start over in a non-violent life because that was the most caring thing he could do for her? Definitely mature of him. I did not sense the spark between them that's usually there. I guess that he made the effort to fight for her was a big step for him, manning up as it were, and then letting go (if you love something set it free...). Leaves room for them to be happy for each other, if not with each other, come what may, romance-wise.
Old 10-03-2013, 07:53 AM

I did not know that Ziva was pregnant in real life. Makes sense they would eliminate her on the show. I, too, am glad she wasn't killed. Like many, Tony, is such a juvenile, but maybe this episode will mature him a little. He does surprise me at times with the way he can, if made to, step up and act like an adult. I think it's a little unrealistic that Gibbs puts up with his immaturity. Will be an interesting season. I understand this show like so many "old timers" must shake up their premise in order to stay alive. I was getting rather tired of the old format. Hope this new one will be better. I also understand that Ziva's replacement female will arrive in November.
Old 10-03-2013, 09:19 AM

I heard the reason for 'Ziva's " leaving was because of a contract dispute, not that she was pregnant. I'll miss her. Didn't care for the one before her at all.... hope the next one is o.k!
Old 10-03-2013, 09:25 AM

I wonder if they have new writers? The last shows are losing their appeal. Maybe they have just used up all the ideas it takes to make a good show and can't think up any new plots.
Old 10-03-2013, 11:02 AM

It seems to me that when they get new writers and start changing cast, the shows go in the dumps. Too bad
Old 10-03-2013, 12:37 PM

I just like to see Tony get his head smacked by Gibbs. Tony is such a twit...IMHO. But he plays his part well. No one could be that way in real life...could they? (Don't answer that.)