Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's FALL  or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! >

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

ELISABRAT's FALL or HALLOWEEN TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!!

Old 10-03-2013, 01:33 PM

My partner and I have pm'd back and forth most of the month and she is close to finishing. She is so busy with family obligations right now and will be sending soon so no problems there. And I know it will be beautiful.

Guess I better sign up for that next swap right now before I forget. Right, Elisabrat?

Originally Posted by Elisabrat View Post
ok ladies I put in a call to deenatoo. We will hope she calls or writes back. I told her by tomorrow morning. I will call one more time and then she will be deemed out for the swap. I think its awfully sad. this is the second month this has happened to Skaduzy. She should NOT get used to it. You DO NOT WANT me to have to call you truly you don't so send those runners your moving slow on and you will be safe I will call all late swappers next week there are way too many this month. about a dozen out there.. wow.
Old 10-03-2013, 01:34 PM

My post card went out this afternoon!!!
Old 10-03-2013, 02:54 PM

I received my table topper today!

Thank you so much AliciaH!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]439605[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Photos from Oct 2013 Photo Stream.jpg
Views:	135
Size:	262.6 KB
ID:	439605  
Old 10-04-2013, 01:35 AM

You gals who have parents living with you, it's a good thing to realize you need to TRY and get some time for yourself, somehow..the QB will still be here. Much better to not sign up than to over commit..that makes it hard on you, your swapee, and "our" Brat, or whichever great person is leading said swaps. I speak from experience...and wish I had listened when people advised to take a break, even 5 mins at a time when you can. My mom has lived with dh and I for almost 12 years. As most of you probably know, she's a lung cancer survivor going on 10 years cancer free. "We" have fought an abscess that formed in the scar area where they took out the 2 lower lobes of her right lung along with the tumor..several lengthy hospital stays thru the years. I stay with her 24/7 every time. Not because I am so sweet, blah, blah..but because I worked in the medical field, I know how things can be. Mainly I stay because it's my mom, and I can't imagine not having her here. That may sound odd, as I am "scaring" 50..but I will never be too old to want my mom in my life. Dad being gone was bad enough, and we feel blessed to have a miracle in Mom surviving the cancer. Dh is very supportive (he teases and says he suggested we add on and she move out because she does the cooking..lol). I am also fortunate my job allows me the option to work PRN. I can only imagine how hard it would be trying to work full-time, along with have a household, maybe kids, spouse/partner, and be the caregiver for an aging/ill parent. Mom has had shingles twice, not fun...and as much as I love Mom, there have been times I feel overwhelmed. It would be a big whopper to say otherwise...so find support where you can.
Sorry for the novel, just want to say " hang in there".
Regards all,
Kif
I really should say good for all of us to realize when we need to take a break! So, I just said it

Last edited by kiffie2413; 10-04-2013 at 01:39 AM.
Old 10-04-2013, 01:37 AM

Gotta add, loving the newest runner pics!!!
K
Old 10-04-2013, 05:40 AM

ok world its very Christmas like outside..snow coverd everything a foot on the porch wind drifts blew it all up on our steps you cant even see the step down it looks like one big level area.. yikes would that be a big mistake! Its still snowing but not as blustery as before which is good. hope its all gone by noon. yeah right... a balmy 24 I am so happy to be inside poor hubby shoved the walk ways for everyone this morning at my insistence he was not thrilled with me at all (too bad). right is right. I am still waiting to hear back from about 8 people so wish me luck on that today. I guess if they are not complaining then its not much of a worry. in theory. as long as you guys are happy with each other and cool with late its not going to upset me. Promise. otherwise... fangs, I grow fangs. they don't look good either as I only have one front tooth (thank god for retainers). Today is a sewing day. Should be productive. What are you working on?
Old 10-04-2013, 02:08 PM

Hoping all swappers are happy and Le Brat doesn't need to get a 2nd retainer to have 2 fangs.. I am thinking Brat with 1 fang would be enough to get me crackin' on my runner..and probably make several extras! "No fangs" I say to that!
Kif
Old 10-04-2013, 08:31 PM

ah most of the time your good to go I have that pumpkin smile missing one tooth as well the retainer is uncomfortable as all heck and I cant eat with it. I forget half the time to put it in... lol sorta an attractive look. fangs might actually look.. kinda goofy too so maybe that is not a good threat after all I am swapping this month with Deenatoo. She has made a very pretty runner out of batiks and poor woman is getting my attempt at a batik and cotton mix and well having done this before I should have remembered I would never do that again. I will pray it ends well. or this weekend I will be whipping out another one and forgetting to do other things. argh. I hope all of you pop on over to the other swap for winter and we can visit there as well it is going to slow down rapidly here .. the last four runners will be a bit late. so come back to check up but run over there to keep up the fun and degenerative chatter
Old 10-05-2013, 03:51 PM

Thanks Yosamitesa

Terriamn
Old 10-07-2013, 06:34 AM

Terriam mailed the post card. HOPE EVERYONE can mail that little one a post card for her collection. Its a small cost and will make for one very happy little one

I am hoping that even if you don't join the next swap I am running WINTER FROLIC please come on over and chat with us a while. The chat is half the fun here and well.. why not? its free! lol..

Heard today from atpegsquiltstudio she has mailed to her partner but has not heard when her partner is mailing. could you please write her and let her know? and last minute straggler runners (way too many sorry) please post when you receive and show us a picture. All runners should be acknowledged there is a lot of work that goes into them and we all love to ogle over them.