Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
New tv programs for new season >

New tv programs for new season

New tv programs for new season

Old 10-05-2013, 05:39 AM

Originally Posted by Wildernessties View Post
Guess I'm in the minority as the only thing mentioned that we watch is Last Man Standing. We also like Duck Dynasty. There is actually no sex or cursing on that show and every show ends with the whole family sitting around the dinner table where dinner starts with a blessing. We also watch Survivor, the new Robin Williams show and a few shows on both History and Discovery Channels. Hate to watch TV at times as all sitcoms seem filled with sex and "garbage" and I don't find most of them funny but I that is just me. We also catch a few football games.
I am with you! The sex crimes and filthy language on some are a complete turn off to me. IMHO, I don't use that kind of language, so don't even want to hear it. Ear filters and rose colored glasses for me!! I'm a Cedar Cove type fan. Suits me better than some of the others.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:56 AM

I like The Black List, Elementary, CSI, NCIS LA and looking forward to White Collar and Justified starting up again..I don't enjoy the foul language either. As far as the sex part goes, I'd rather they left that to my imagination, I'm not into watching naked bodies.

Last edited by jeaninmaine; 10-05-2013 at 05:59 AM.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:36 AM

We don't get Justified on free to air over here, so I took a punt and bought the dvds. I really enjoy the show: interesting twists and plot lines. I also like the fact that there is a different nemesis each season.It also has the right amount of humour. A lot of the other shows become boring because of their continual intensity.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:09 AM
DJ

What! No one is watching Nashville?! How about The Good Wife? Those two are my favorites. DH and I watched the premier of The Blacklist but had to turn it off when they started torturing the husband. Others on our list when they are showing: The Mentalist, Perception, Person of Interest, Elementary, Major Crimes (loved The Closer), The Daily Show, Vegas (will it be back?), and I'm trying to catch up with Scandal. We tend to watch a lot of TV after dinner, but I have to be knitting, quilting or cross stitching while watching. We like to watch tennis, too.
Old 10-05-2013, 07:32 AM

I have what I call 'country cable'. Just an antenna There is so little worth watching on TV I sometimes just quilt, croquet (Hairpin Lace) or listen to books on tape from the local library. also watch Public TV. America's Got Talent, American Idol and Dancing with the Stars. I will not pay for something I will rarely use!
Old 10-05-2013, 07:50 AM

Of the new programs I have seen, Ironside was the most impressive. Will wait and see what subsequent episodes are like before a final decision. Really and truly hated The Millers. Miserable waste of a terrific cast.
Old 10-05-2013, 08:58 AM

I was unimpressed with Blacklist's premier, but I'll give it another chance, because I like James Spader. I'm glad The Good Wife and Grey's Anatomy are back; ditto Elementary and Castle. Nothing matches Lost, though. I just finished watching it again via Netflix. What a wonderful series! Sorry it ended.
Old 10-05-2013, 01:05 PM

Of the new shows that I have watched, Robin Williams' The Crazy Ones is my favorite. Seems like it just gets started and then it's over - it has such sharp dialogue and I love the homilies Robin says. I also have liked Blacklisted and Trophy Wife. TW is just fun and frothy.

Still have some new ones dvr'd that I haven't watched yet. I am really anxious to see the new Ironside - loved the original one.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:01 PM

I just got up and watched Nashville, really good so far this season. Hey and did you see the memory quilt???
Old 10-05-2013, 04:04 PM

My DD's & I have Duck Dynasty and Lizard Lick Towing set to record. Hubs & I catch Criminal Minds & NCIS a lot on cable. Those are the only ones we choose to watch on a regular basis. We're all at work so much there's no tv time, but with this economy I'm not complaining.