Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-05-2013, 03:12 PM

it's also probably on youtube Lynnie and might be easier to actually watch someone doing it...
Old 10-05-2013, 03:23 PM

Love the snowflake and quilted ornaments.

I'm excited to see who I get.

I would cry for a sewing machine ornament and pin cushion but would it do me any good? If it will get me them let me know and I'll cry.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:24 PM

My mom did something with this tool and punched in clothes and the appliqué looking designs were so neat. But not sure what she called it. I'll have to ask my sister because she did it to.
Old 10-05-2013, 03:39 PM
Power Poster

binged it, and found some interesting hints. almost like mini macramé. Sandra is it punch needle embroidery??? you punch from the back of the fabric and the front has these tiny loops of yarn or floss, really a neat looking project and end result. does that sound familiar to you?

love all the ornaments so far.

o.k. now i'm working soooo far in advance, someone here will zap me with a wet noodle. I made 5 small appliqued blocks of apples for a table runner for my cousin that's a teacher for next September.

for my cousins son for the holidays, I made a potholder out of the beefcakettes fabric. just like the hot guys, but hot girls instead. Dotty dotcomdtcm gave me a 1/4 yrd and said do something, I didn't want to cut it up, wanted to use the whole motif. came out great. gotta get a camera b4 anyone asks.
soooo
wahhhhaaaa waahhhaaa no camera. (i'm still beating you all in the sad sob story dept)!!!!
Old 10-05-2013, 03:48 PM
Power Poster

Sandra was it punch needle embroidery. it's sooo cool, forms little loops on the right side, punch from the back.
made a potholder for my cousins son out of hot cakette fabric, just like the guys, but girls. then I took a plunge into next years gifts, for sept, for my cousin that's a teacher, apples of diff colors. don't ask for pics, this ris really sad, so get your tissues ready, no camera here/ whaaaaa, whaaaaa. and gave zoey her meds, and she spit it out under dh side of the bed, (small chuckle) I didn't have to clean it. now you can all laugh over that one. and cry over this one, my dh is watching football all day, and i'm a football widow. a big wahhhhhhh, sniffle. but he bought me dinner, yeahhhhh. what a good guy!. but it's the 4th game today he' watching, oh darn, thOught he'd ply me with that pretzel burger and a blondie with icecream. OH what a wicked one1!!!!!
Old 10-05-2013, 03:49 PM
Power Poster

Hit enter and dissappeared, sorry disreguard top post
Old 10-05-2013, 03:54 PM

I had one of those punch needle embroidery things at one time. I used it once, found it too slow and never used it again. In fact I think it is down in one of my little drawers in the basement still. Anyone want it if its still there?

At least you have a man to be irritated by. My Dear Neighbor across the lane, that I sometimes spend time with, is probably watching every sport available on TV. UGH! He could be over here keeping me company.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:08 PM
Power Poster

I want to try it again, looks nice, last yr some people here did it and it came out nice, one strand of theread takes t-o-o-oo-o-o long to finish. my dh watches every game and puts it on game within a game on the 62" tv. someone out there must feel sorry for me now!! on a 62" tv, not one of those small ones either.
Old 10-05-2013, 05:53 PM

Thank you for all the kind comments on my tatting, I do the needle version of tatting which is a half hitch over and over. This lady (Totusmel) has some nice tuts. http://totusmel.blogspot.com/ She posts every morning Monday thru Friday, on the right side of the page is her tuts that is how I learned and then checked out books from my library. Needle tatting is easy and only a few simple motions over and over. Michale's has needles for about $9.00 set of 4 or 5 I would suggest to start with larger thread, a good crochet cotton or even a thin yarn. Lynnie you can do it!! Just try.
Old 10-05-2013, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

thanks for websit, i'm going to go ck it out. it's just so pretty, looks like a great take along project too.