Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Biblical-based pieced blocks >

Biblical-based pieced blocks

Biblical-based pieced blocks

Old 10-05-2013, 07:07 PM

Jaynette Huff lead a group of local quilters in a project with a similar theme a couple years ago and wrote a book with all the quilt blocks.
[h=1]Paper Piecing Quilts of Praise: Patterns Inspired by Beloved Hymns [/h]the completed quilts I saw were amazing!!
Old 10-07-2013, 04:25 AM

Another site for you to view. Www.patternsoffaith.com
Old 10-07-2013, 05:14 AM

Block Party has panels with Beatitudes and Psalms on them. You can cut them to 3 x 9".

http://www.blockpartystudios.com/shopping/fabric.asp
Old 10-07-2013, 05:22 AM
Power Poster

Quiltersloftcompany.blogspot is doing an 8" bible block quilt. They put up free blocks to follow. Hope you find what you are looking for. Sounds like a very nice quilt.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by Chris48 View Post
Does anyone know of a source for peiced blocks based on the Scriptures. I need blocks to make a border for a quilt, maybe in the 6"-8" size block. I was hoping to find something that stood for the fruits of the spirit but all I found were signature blocks with the joy, peace, hope written on the blank block. If not the fruits then a source of other biblical charaters or events in the Bible. Need five to seven different blocks to use in the border. Sure appreciate the help! Chris
Chris, a LQS in my area has been emailing a BOM/BOW that is all biblical blocks. This link will take you to a picture of the three color ways for the quilt. It reminds me of a Dear Jane quilt. They put PDF links in their regular emails to download the pattern. So far I have downloaded 39 of them. If you sign up for their emails, you can get the rest of the patterns yourself. Maybe if you contact this shop, they would be able to send you the first 39 blocks. If they can't, PM me with your email and I will try to find a simple way to send them all to you. Let me know.😃

http://www.smithowensew.com/biblestudies.htm
Old 10-07-2013, 07:41 AM
Dix

When we first started quilting, we made a sampler throw of Bible blocks. Do not know where the teacher got these, but I am pretty sure I have them. Some were Peter Robs Paul, Kings Crown, Jacobs Ladder and ect. I think there are 9 of them, nice size as I remember. If you will pm me I will look and call you! Be happy to share my patterns. Also have a Jerusalem Cross that is either a small wall hanging or a pillow top! This is one that you will never see, as the pattern was made by a lady I know!
Old 10-07-2013, 07:43 AM

I have a book titled Creative American Quilting Inspired by the Bible written by Suzzy Chalfant Payne and Susan Aylsworth Murwin. The stories behind each quilt block are so interesting and informative! Absolutely love this book.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:03 AM
Power Poster

I had a book that is probably out of print that contain Biblical blocks. The book was so popular that a second book was published. I found my blocks with the sheet containing the templates but no title of the book was not printed anywhere. Blocks were such as Rose of Sharon, Jacob's Ladder, Carpenter's Wheel, Star of Magi, Bethlehem Rose, Hosanna, Cross with in a Cross, Devil's puzzle. Job's Tear, Road to Jerusalem, Cross and Crown, Joseph's Coat, Solomon's Temple and Tree of Life.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:04 AM

These are not pieced, but you might check them out. http://www.e-patternscentral.com/det...criteria=bible
Old 10-07-2013, 09:13 AM

Quilter's Loft Company has an ongoing Biblical block series. All pieced blocks. Very nice blocks all pdf format.