Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 10-07-2013, 06:29 AM

ps did monstookie give you her mail to I just want to mail and get it out of the house now if so pm me please. she hasn't written me back yet so not sure what she is up to.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:50 PM

Nope, some did send me their mailing address but she wasn't one of them. I'm sorry Brat.

So while I'm here and posting photos for the fabric swap, I thought since my nephew asked for a picture of my new (to me) car that I'd share it with you ladies too. I've been wanting one of these for over 10 years. It's used, but I got a good deal on it & I'm happy.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]440221[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	2013-10-07 18.30.05.jpg
Views:	118
Size:	127.5 KB
ID:	440221  
Old 10-08-2013, 12:54 AM

Ooh, is that the coolest car! I can see why you anted one.

Tam Moo, I'm almost done with your things, will be able to mail this weekend.
Old 10-08-2013, 03:56 AM

pretty slick ride there dustysmomma. love the color Monstookie wrote me here life is extremely hectic right now and she gave me her addy. she is running behind and will try to work on my project as soon as she can. I am good with this so no worries from me. Postal run today getting this one behind me! sorry dustysmomma but having things lay around here is not good. guaranteed to catch cat hair (more rolling from the brat) and well more likely for me to forget where I put it. NOT GOOD. hope all is well with the gang.. I had a great weekend highly productive which I always love. I have two non dialysis days. the first one.. Sunday is a tired day so I worked but well not at full power. Yesterday was a zoom zoom zoom day gosh darn it I feel good on Mondays. Today.. is Tuesday. I will feel better after the clinic but tired too. a win lose thing. argh.truthfully though its so worth it. I need those machines to stay alive and well this is a grand plan in my book. off to fix a snack to take with me. enjoy your day ladies! oh no, that song.. Lady in Red is going through my head after seeing your car. forever your stuck with that now.
Old 10-08-2013, 07:03 AM

Love the new car - the color is my favorite - I'm in the looking market right now - when I no longer have a dog I will get a new car - until then I'll continue to drive my trusty rusty Sidekick; it comes furnished with Beasley fur - it really is a sight to see us coming down the road - a big dog with an oversized head hanging out the side window - kids point at Beasley and cry out Santa Paws. We do have a nicer vehicle the dog doesn't get to ride in so it stays fur free.

I do like the look of the Nissan Rogue; the GMC Terrain; Toyota Rav4 and Ford F150 pickup truck. I haven't driven a car/sedan in over 20 years - I like sitting up a little higher. You made a good choice DustysMama - thanks for sharing the photo and also thank you for the Danish hotdog stand information; lefse and luktefisk are Norweigian - our community is full of stubborn peoples 'ya sure - you betcha' - thank goodness I'm a german dane
Old 10-08-2013, 03:51 PM

dabbler I drive an F-150xlt and its pretty darn comfortable for a truck. only issue for me being a short, gimp is getting in the damned thing. argh its tough!!! My sis has a rav4 and loves hers. she however lives in CA with no snow or crazy weather.. we too are searching for a new vehicle. check that a USED vehicle. He wants a big old man truck and I would love a front wheel drive sedan. My neighbors got out in the snow just fine in that. I tried to suggest an explorer had one loved it too 4 wheel drive. he says that is NOT a man car. sigh. this testosterone driven new cowboy of mine thinks big manly trucks are the only way. we don't go back roading! we don't camp! we don't do that kind of stuff we don't haul things.. I am lost. totally lost lol. OH and Dabbler I would have a dog right now if I could. Jaba would have to kill me so I haven't gotten one .. we have to own something in order to have a dog. moving is not a guarantee you will find a rental that will take pets. Here in Wyoming they will rent to you often with a dog but no way with cats. they hate cats here. amazes. me. I have seen dogs do serious damage to places especially pups. more than any cat I have ever had did. my last rental the one stupid cat scratched wood window frames. cost $40 to repair everything. wow. so dog hair? worth it for the companion. I used to carry a rolling brush in my car. the dog hair was all over me before I left the house even if I rolled first. did it again before I went into work :

MOM-6 can you pm me please?
Old 10-09-2013, 07:30 AM

Our good vehicle is an 02 Explorer - I'll be buying used when I get a new vehicle - I have more sense than dollars so will be looking for something with low miles that is coming off lease program. 4X4 does not mean it will handle well on ice - it just means it has a little extra oomph for front wheel driving when the back tires spin - Brian drives an OLD OLD sedan that has front wheel drive and he has had no problems in winter driving - he's been driving Old Ida (the name of his car) for almost 20 years and it still has less than 100,000 original miles - can you tell he's a homebody? You couldn't pay me to have a cat - being around them is like poking needles in my eye - I'm allergic to cats and when I was a smoker it was worse - bringing my hands up to my face brought the dander that much closer to my eyes and then they would start burning. Thanks but no thanks for kitties.

I finally settled on a pattern for my partner. YEA

You all have a great autumn day.
Old 10-11-2013, 04:22 AM

Dabbler, one of the best suggestions I can make is to find a vehicle that was a rental car. These are sold to local dealerships through regional auctions and have lower miles than an off-lease model will. Also, if someone was abusive to the vehicle with their driving, it was only for a few days compared to months or years. And, since any damage to a rental car has to be fixed immediately, you're more likely to get a vehicle with only a couple minor things damaged. If it's got some small dents, you can negotiate with them to get those fixed, and it only takes a few minutes for them to do it, but it's usually done by an outside vendor, so you'd probably either have to wait until the day they usually come or make an appointment to come back on that day.

I'm loving my vehicle. Everyone at work says the more they see me in it the more "me" it is. Evidently the gentleman who traded it in loved it so much he bought another one exactly like it, and just upgraded from a 2010 to a 2013 version. He's bought from us 4 times in a row now.
Old 10-11-2013, 05:26 AM

My in laws used to buy only rental vehicles. they loved them completely. minor little things that might go wrong and boy was the price point really reasonable. Dustysmomma I could see myself traversing about town in that car! love the color so much too, I tend to buy.. forest green, silver.. something not so colorful but still love color. weird me. kinda like my clothes. I buy gray, black, navy, white or black shirts and well that is what I spend money on. One cranberry red shirt for winter. tada. fabric? oh kaffee fassette has caught my eye more than once, big pretty flowers, batiks! Blues! Fuschia! Cherry Red and the list goes on.. but for me, bland maybe people wont notice me. In person I am not so wildly exciting. shock all of you I know. I am happy quietly sitting sewing. in my corner. one light on. lol.. ok with some loud blaring classical music in Italian. maybe I am not so boring after all? just warped!

I am wondering are we taking a break for winter or are you doing another swap dusytsmomma? what about a simpler one for the winter time as we all are full of busy busy jobs? how about we do a quilted potholder swap for winter? easy fast (well unless your me not fast at all) and smaller ...? l think we could get a bigger playing pool if the concept was reduced less rooms, less options at least for now. I heard all over way too many obligations to sign up for my runner swap. I went from 22 partners for fall to 8 due to holiday obligations. just a thought
Old 10-11-2013, 06:32 AM

Dustysmomma thank you for the suggestion - my son is an autobody mechanic and the shop he works for buys from the auctions all the time - my Sidekick came from an auction and Elisabrat it's Oregon Green - love that deep dark green with the light goldish/silver moulding/trim. Minnesota winters are hard on vehicles because of the road salt used to help melt the ice - that salt eventually over time will help rust out a vehicle - that's happening to my vehicle now - the salt got up behind the moulding and the rest is now history.