Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 10-12-2013, 04:20 AM

A three-way...'Brat, you are upping your game with this partner thing!
Old 10-12-2013, 04:23 AM

hey hey I bribed them with POOL BOYS. not saying anything else.
Old 10-12-2013, 04:26 AM

ok new subject. I get these serious cramps in my hands and calves. like the hands turn into claws. Not just in dialysis those are different your feet start turning up towards your knees and you cant stop them .. oh joy! no these are witch claws. I have to take my other hand and pull them straight and hold them as wide as I can apart to keep them from bending all weird again. The nurse suggested to me to take 1 tsp of pickle juice every night before bed. Jan says tonic water. what do you guys say?? (odd subject but what the heck you might be bored enough to answer this one).
Old 10-12-2013, 09:04 AM

I've been told a teaspoon of mustard as soon as cramps start. My husband says it works for him. I really think it taste so strong you are thinking about that and not the cramps. but hey.... if the cramps go away that is a good thing
Old 10-12-2013, 12:48 PM

Guessing your potassium levels are checked ALL the time, especially with dialysis...
Dh has had that for years, thought was a product of lots of physical labor and restless leg syndrome (which doesn't just hit at night, may I add...and he also gets hand cramps). Then after MS diagnosis, found out in his case it's a hypertonic (high muscle tone) thing, part of MS. On the bright side, prior to his MS diagnosis, Neurologist 95% sure dh had ALS...so 3 weeks and lots of invasive tests later we get to Dr office for results. Nurse comes to waiting room door, looks at us, says, "Are y'all ready?". I tell her, I don't know... She looked around (dh, myself, his mom only ones in waiting room) and she practically shouts with joy, "It's good news, it's MS!". I know several of you are shaking your heads, but really, it was good news, absolutely beat the alternative all to heck! His mom and I cried with relief thru most of that visit...
If your potassium is lil low, try eating a banana..oh, and Dr Gott and lots of people swear by sleeping with a small bar ( no, not mini bar, gheesh!!) a small bar of soap, yep soap! Supposed to help cramps, in daytime, too...don't ask me...but if it's harmless enough to try, well...
Kif
What pool boy offer, Brat??? Lol... as I said, I am all for a good massage, but too old for a pool boy! I can barely out run hubby!!
Old 10-12-2013, 08:11 PM

My ex-MIL used to say when you get leg cramps to tie a string around your ankle. As for me, when I get thaat pre-cramp feeling in my legs, which is almost every evening, I take valerian. It is contraindicated with some medications though, so check with your pharmacist or doctor first.

I've tried to email mom-6 and she's over her email quota, so I can't get in touch with her until she makes some space in her box. If anyone happens to speak to her or she sees this, I'll be here waiting patiently.
Old 10-13-2013, 12:53 AM

Empty that in box mom-6!! Actually, she may have it that way on purpose....hmmmm.....just kidding...matter of fact, I should probably check mine...
K
Old 10-13-2013, 05:06 AM

Sorry about the inbox! Cleared it out rather ruthlessly so maybe it will stay that way for awhile now. So excited to have you for a partner!
Old 10-13-2013, 06:42 AM

ok then any ideas for fabric? after I tie myself up with string, have a tonic (not just tonic) and well, um.. oh yes some mustard with my pickle juice I think I should be ready to go in no time at all! My docs test my potassium and phosphorus twice a month as they have to stay really low. no kidneys equals no processing of that kind of stuff and build up is very bad. so in theory I cant have any of that stuff! but .. the nurse says you have to weight out the good vs evil (cramps) so do I take things bad for me and they go away or do I just witch out and pretend it doesn't hurt? hum... off to fun things like FABRIC!

ok show me some winter! show me some Christmas! Show me some Valentines day!!! this is the show me blog. who needs states when you have SHOW ME Blogs! I love the pictures of the sneak peaks. you see some fabrics but at times can't imagine how its going to come together and then they do and like tlambing has shown us.. they come together marvelously! enjoy your day ladies its my Saturday and I am planning on SEWING! (shocked you all didn't I?)
Old 10-13-2013, 08:46 AM

Here's a sneak peak!
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	snowflake tea cup.jpg
Views:	294
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	441024