Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > General Chit-Chat (non-quilting talk)
walmart straight talk cell phone plan >

walmart straight talk cell phone plan

walmart straight talk cell phone plan

Old 10-12-2013, 05:30 AM

I just watched either Dateline or 20/20 about straight talk. Yes they do use Verizon lines, you are able to keep your phone number but you have to contact Verizon to have them do this. One thing that the show I was watching said, Verizon has only opened some of their lines to Straight Talk, so that means you are unable to get service everywhere. I do know that my friend has this and seems like she has alot of trouble using her phone. We was going to go with this until I found all of this.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:36 AM

Where my sister lives in pa she can't get service with Straight talk . My ex daughter lost service on interstate 80 and didn't get service till we left back on 80 about 30 minutes. I know Pa has lots or hills up and down you need to consider. Never had a problem with my Verizon up there.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:54 AM
Power Poster

It all depends on how much you need to use your phone. My number on the account is the primary user, DH is secondary. Our phones have all the bells and whistles but we don't use them all. I do like having them when I need them. Still although they are Verizon and we do have talk and text, we are on a pretty good plan.
Old 10-12-2013, 05:59 AM
Power Poster

As far as the smart cars go, if you get into an accident you don't have much of a chance of seeing anyone after that. I'm short and round and getting in and out of one of those would take me as long to get across town, than if I just got into my Jeep and went. Also the thought of being in one of those in the rain getting wet just doesn't make a whole lot of sense to me. I will stick to my gas run vehicle that I can get into and out of with no problem.
Old 10-12-2013, 08:17 AM

We have Boost and we really like it.
Old 10-12-2013, 09:24 AM

I have had straight talk for a few months but the phone I had was defective (took pics ALL the time) so I sent it back and they sent a replacement and it works real good so far, haven't done much with it but for $45 per month I get everything unlimited. I think that is a good deal. I got a smart phone for $50. through straight talk website........... ooops nope. walmart website and instead of paying for phone protection from the ST site I got the protection plan through walmart and it was just one price. no monthly fee. When you sign up they will ask you where your at so they use the service towers in YOUR area. ours just happens to be verizon.
Old 10-12-2013, 01:42 PM

I've had the $30 Straight Talk for approx 2 years. Love it! Never ever use anywhere near the 1000 min limit.
Old 10-12-2013, 03:58 PM

We just bought this service. We like the price for sure: $45.00 a month for unlimited cell phone, text and Internet. We bought a Samsung phone for $89 and wish we had bought an I-phone like we had before. There is no way to take your phone numbers from one phone to another, you have to put each one in. My DH and I travel all over the US and need the Internet. I think we will go with the $30 service next month. We were paying $107 a month to AT&T and when we cancelled the service, they said 'they would work with us for a better plan". Not at $30 or $45 a month they won't .
Old 10-13-2013, 05:18 AM

My son and his wife went to this plan...and for their 2 hour trip to a family event... they had no service for 75 of the minutes... they called to ask why and was told, they will have service in most major cities.. but sketchy service between cities... we have Verizon and have service the entire trip.
Old 10-13-2013, 05:28 AM

I have had a Straight Talk Phone for years. I use the $30.00 1000 minute plan and have only once ran out of minutes before the end of the month and that was when my mother was on her death bed and I was making a ton of calls to everyone.

The phones have been very reliable for me. My husband has one and also my daughter (she was the one that told us about Straight Talk) cut my cell phone bill in half.