Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
What are you working on? >

What are you working on?

What are you working on?

Old 10-14-2013, 05:01 AM

WOW - Way to go!! I like multiple projects too - love your pictures and the fabrics..........
Old 10-14-2013, 05:30 AM

It seems that life doesn't allow me to work on one thing at a time! I just finished my granddaughters baptism dress (what a nightmare) and she wore it very well yesterday. I also just finished a Halloween costume for another granddaughter....very simple Indian squaw dress....2 pieces of fabric with lots of trim. Now I can get back to a memory quilt for my sister that is being difficult.....thread keeps breaking/skipped stitches on just one block. After that is done, I have two twin quilts (one top half done) for me! But I am sure before I get back to quilting for me, somebody will show up with something they want repaired, or some crazy project that will eat up my time. That is how it always works for me! But I love to sew/quilt/make pretty things....so I just keep sewing....LOL

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 01-03-2016 at 10:46 AM. Reason: language
Old 10-14-2013, 05:30 AM

Have one quilt that needs quilting. Making doll clothes for DGD right now. Finished make up bag for older DGD. And need to start a birthday present for BF just have no clue what I want to do.
Old 10-14-2013, 05:51 AM

Kinda sounds like we all have fun with our numerous UFOs. I have a strawberry shortcake outfit to finish along with a Rainbow Star quilt that needs some more border pieces cut to sew it together. afriend needs a bag for projects on the go so that is calling me along with 3 outfits for a lady I sew for. My Apple core hand pieced top is in desperate need of strips stiitched together, and my Quilters world came and several items are just what I need to make for friends....where do you stop? My wish list of things to make grows every time I look at my stash!! You have some awesome projects going!!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:02 AM

I can see that I am in good company. I am working on a Dear Jane quilt (great for car trips and ball games). I have a churn dash that is partially pieced. I also have a postage stamp quilt that is partially quilted and an Irish chain and a red and tan scrappy that only need borders to be ready to quilt. I have 2 charity baby quilts that just need binding.
This is all you will get me to admit to!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:09 AM

I've got to get back to the Carpenter's Wheel I started a year ago. It's simple but I get a bit done then lay it aside for weeks at a time.
Old 10-14-2013, 06:47 AM

I am also working on about 4 things.. NUTS! that is what I am making myself... I am attempting to make a rail fence diamond quilt out of a jelly roll and the colors are just not right. I guess I will go ahead and put it together and donate it. Arrrrgggg! I also have a Radiant star ready to go on the quilter and another called basket weave that is waiting for binding.. and various others to numerous to mention... I too am a UFO addict!
Old 10-14-2013, 06:50 AM

I'm in the process of cutting out a scrappy. Have a massive mess going on in the sewing room because of it. I really should finish some UFO's, but I need to start this scrappy to appease my creativity. Thinking it might be a winter long project. The weather has been beautiful, sunny and mild in the northeast, so I can't find incentive to stay indoors any longer than necessary.
Old 10-14-2013, 07:01 AM

I knew I wasn't the only one with several projects partway done!! I wish I had time to respond and visit with each and every one of you, but the T-shirt quilt is off the frame and a 1930's reproduction quilt is on and begging to be quilted. The Blue and yellow has another border to be appliqued and I am now ready to sew the strips of blocks together on the Omigosh (queen size). Happy quilting to all!!!
Old 10-14-2013, 08:06 AM

Oh, Tartan you're no fun. Completely correct, but what's the fun in doing what's correct? I just finished a baby quilt and now I have some scrub pockets to make for my niece who is a surgical assistant. They are little pockets with separate sections to hold scissors, tape, etc. Put the pocket on a waist band with a velcro closure and they work great. They sell for over $15 and come in green and blue. I can make some in cute prints and my niece loves them. Did the same thing with her scrub hats that she wears during surgery. Then it is Christmas time sewing, I'm already two weeks behind in my planned work so I'd better get going.