Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Laugh or Cry? >

Laugh or Cry?

Laugh or Cry?

Old 10-14-2013, 08:19 AM

There's a song that says, "Be with the one you love...Love the one your with....." or something like that ! Just think we should all enjoy what we already have and not spend time crying over what we don't.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:02 AM
Power Poster

My Japanese machine was made in China. As long as it keeps working with no problems , it is okay with me.
Old 10-14-2013, 10:11 AM

I have learned my lessons too, one is not to accept everything sales people say or promise, it's a shame our world has come to this. Even with buying a Bernina - he didn't tell me I have to buy another place to do straight sewing or the beginning of the fabric will bunch up and go down into the hole below, I have to use a piece of fabric to start it then move what I am working on under the needle, not a big deal but again sales people not disclosing everything!! I asked a million questions and thought I had covered everything. Now that I think about it when he was showing me how to work the machine he started somewhere in the middle!! I didn't catch it.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:30 AM

Originally Posted by Jingle View Post
My Japanese machine was made in China. As long as it keeps working with no problems , it is okay with me.
Huh? That doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't it just be a Chinese machine then?

Last edited by Candace; 10-14-2013 at 11:33 AM.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:37 AM

Originally Posted by Prism99 View Post
I have a 1230 that I absolutely love *but* my understanding is if the motherboard ever goes out on it, the machine is done for. This is because the parts factory had some kind of disaster that wiped out their inventory of motherboards for that era of machine, and the company decided not to manufacture more.
I also have a 1230. Love my machine and now I pray the motherboard never goes out. Thanks for the heads-up tho.
Old 10-14-2013, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by Candace View Post
Huh? That doesn't make sense to me. Wouldn't it just be a Chinese machine then?
I think she means a Japanese-owned brand that is made in China. Since it isn't a Chinese-owned brand, it is a Japanese machine made in China.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:50 PM

They are most likely still engineered in Switzerland and as long as the QC is good, you're okay. The problems with overseas-made items are usually quality control.
Old 10-14-2013, 12:50 PM

They are most likely still engineered in Switzerland and as long as the QC is good, you're okay and I can't imagine Bernina not having good QC. The problems with overseas-made items are usually due to a lack of quality control.
Old 10-14-2013, 02:26 PM

Question: with so much of "quality" items being made in Thailand or China or Korea or wherever - What are the "experts" in Switzerland, Germany et al doing with themselves?
Old 10-14-2013, 02:51 PM

It depends on the company's QC. I have a Pfaff that was made in the Czech Republic, now I think they're made in China. I was at LQS Bernina dealer and saw that the lower end machines are made in China. At the Viking dealer, some are made in Korea.