Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 10-16-2013, 05:47 AM

today is going to be gorgeous! 50!!! wowsa get out the bathing suits ladies!! sunshine and warm.. yum!! this morning at 5:30 I decided that making cinnamon rolls was such a good idea. I don't eat them so please come on over the coffee is hot, have half and half for creamer, that fake vanilla crud too, and well.. breakfast at the brats! we can all eat and look at fabric at the same time as well the dinner table is my sewing table and the dining room has all my fabric on shelves that jaba's hubby built for me .. so we can truly have a nice morning promise!

I am thinking today is a dean martin music morning. a little old fashioned crooning might be in order. and if its load enough no one has to listen to me singing along with it.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:12 AM

You're nuts brat! Not warm enough for bathing suits, sweatshirts is more like it. Cinnamon rolls sound good though, just not sure about the crooning
Old 10-16-2013, 02:08 PM

Oh I love cinnamon rolls - especially the kind with extra cinnamon and pecans. My son brought us some apple cider cake donuts that he and his mrs picked up at the orchard; not as good as I remember from last year so will pass next time he asks if I would like some - apples yes - donuts no. Made a quick apple crisp the other night when I had the Norwex party; 9x13 pan gone and I didn't even get a bite - next time I'll try and divide the recipe down and make just a 4-person pan; if I eat it I'll end up wearing it - sigh.

jaba - she's probably sporting one of those vintage bathing suits - probably like what's in the photo - getting close to a sweatshirt of some sort - and check out the stockings - LOL
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	Swimsuits-1880.jpg
Views:	508
Size:	28.8 KB
ID:	441638  
Old 10-16-2013, 03:14 PM

Yup that'll work, we live about 16 miles apart and the sun was shinning at the brat's this morning and I had fog. Dusty'sMomma where are you, did you forget me or are you still just sewing and slaving away??? I keep looking in my mail box for a pkg. with your name on it, but I can't find one......
Old 10-16-2013, 07:08 PM

uh that is a little more than usual but hey no fat rears to be seen in those. If you have ever been to the Santa Cruz Boardwalk in CA you would understand that.. see in Miami they all have hot beach bodies.. in Santa Cruz they have.. bodies and lots of it but not lots of bikini to go with it. I would love to sell a few of those there! and it was warm! I had the windows open, the door open and a short sleeve t on. Jan always lives in sweatshirts even in summer so she doesn't get WARM. me I roast. maybe no clue if this is true.. no sweating no.. bladder movment I overheat easy? I wish I was a bit more normal wouldn't that be lovely? I don't miss getting up two or three times at night that was boring but overheating is not a picnic either. I am loving the cooler weather which after a few days ago 50 is relatively hot roasting weather if you ask me wonder if my partner has received her package.. waiting waiting ....
Old 10-17-2013, 04:22 AM

I haven't forgotten about you Jaba. I've been working on a cutting baby blanket I have to get done to deliver on the 26th while your embroidery has been stitching out. Metallic thread has to run at about half speed so it doesn't break.

11 days everyone! If you're worried you're going to be late, please drop me a line & let me know, as well as your partner! Let's see some teasers!!!
Old 10-17-2013, 04:28 AM

I would love to have shown my teasers but well.. I forgot to take a picture bad bad brat. I had pets and it was tough as well I didn't have but one small piece of 'pet' fabric from Jaba so I only half went with my theme. so sorry partner! ok there were 'pets' on the other item but not sure if they connt as pets.. now your all wondering aren't you? lol you will have to wait til my partner posts pictures.

Are you doing one before Christmas Dustysmomma or are you going to take a break til after the holiday?
Old 10-18-2013, 09:17 AM

I'm thinking the next signup deadline should be in January. If enough people don't want to take a break, I'll pust another swap before Christmas, but there's no way I will be able to participate. So, democracy wins. I'll put up a poll....
Old 10-18-2013, 02:19 PM

Well, Tam...Moo, your package is winging it's way to you as I type. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did making it!!
Old 10-18-2013, 04:27 PM

I watched this clip and LMAO! If you haven't seen it, you gotta watch it. Dolly Pardon raps for Queen Latifah...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xfLtwQu0gBQ