Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-16-2013, 01:14 PM
Power Poster

I remember hearing it was a lot. this is a fun group swap nd we usually get a lot of chatter. and me, the social butterfly, will talk to anyone, ask my mother, she says i'll talk to anyone, I don't care. well, I shouldn't, how else will I get to know people unless I talk to them, and it passes the time too.( my mom is sour grapes)
colors. I do my tree in the living room white and aqua, dh is jewish so we put up a tree and found a bunch of great things in those colors. other colors go in my sewing room, and since I've been in this swap, I keep my ornis out all year. they make me smile and remind me of the crafty people in my community, (you quilters). I love all ornaments. I like unusual things, to receive. when it comes to giving, I try to go mainstream, i'm out of the box, down the block in an octagon. i'm getting ideas for next year. will start on them soon and put them away.you get four or five from me. awww, just send them all along, that's way, you gotta like one of them. so everyone, show us what you've made.
Old 10-16-2013, 01:48 PM

Dedemac, my favorite colors for xmas tend to be gold, silver, red, or blue. Its about the only time of the year that I am drawn toward blue. My tree usually has mostly handmade, country style ornaments. I have been collecting Santas for 25 years. Its a tradition to get a new one every year. Havent found Santa for this year. I also collect a new village piece every year. I would love to have the room to do more than one year but not that lucky. We do on occasion get a small artificial for outside and decorate that one with orns made from nature.

Lawson, I imagine Brenda is very busy just as I am. I can wait to get my name, makes it more fun. Also it gives me more time to get my orns ready.
Old 10-16-2013, 02:44 PM

Lynnie, nothing wrong with being talkative. I know I am most of the time. DH says my mouth runs like a bell flapper in a gooses butt. LOL You know, he is write and my fingers are even more outgoing. I probably chat on here and post more than I talk to people when out in public.

I have only been doing this swap for two years now but hope to one day have enough orns to do my tree in just swap orns.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:15 PM

Grann of 6 and Lynnie what are your favorite colors for the tree? Do you use all one color lights or multi color strings.
Old 10-16-2013, 03:35 PM

Well, Dedemac, I really don't do a tree anymore. When I had the two dogs there wasn't room in the living room for one, so I would put one up in the basement sewing studio with all the orns we collected during our years of marriage. But since I stopped having Christmas here, I don't even put that one up. The DGKs used to like to come help me put it up, but they are older and too busy now to be concerned with helping Grann. I have a little sewing tree with white lights, and all sewing related miniature orns on it. I used to add to it every year, but no room any more for anything else on it. I am thinking of making a wallhanging type tree with buttons on it, to hang all the QB orns from. I love all colors for my tree when I have one. I used to have a blue and silver tree in honor of the dog I used to have before Gus and Heidi. But now I will probably find a place for a little tree with purple orns on it, since purple is Heidi's favorite color.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

dedemac, my tree is white with aqua ornaments or snowmen or snow "stuff" I have white lights and sometimes I throw on an extra 300 or so aqua. this way I get my tree and dh gets his hannuakka. it's such a calming and peaceful looking tree. even have a few 6 pointed stars for dh.. I also have an aqua and silver toaster that says ZOEY, coz dh calls her zoester the toaster. I also have real angel wing feathers at the top in memory of my past kitty XANADU.(he was a maine coon, zoey is a Russian blue).
gran, so glad Heidi like purple, zoey's fav color is pink, her tiara's are pink, her collar, scrunchi, and neclaces even her real pearls are pink. she says it makes her coat look more grey, or blueish. Heidi sounds like the princess at your house. Zoey is here and has the throne and tiarras to prove it. I like your idea of a wall tree. great idea there. almost like an advent calendar.

mdall, always wanted a village, never had the room. I need to get my son's nutcracker collection from my moms attic. at last count when it was stored away, we had 82 nutcrackers. some of them were very expensive over $300. he has all types. now I have an entertainment unit, I can put some crackers on top and maybe village too.
i'm in the mood for something sweet, dh is napping on the couch. I don't know how that man sleeps at night after a nightly nap at 8 pm. if I blink to much, I can't sleep at night.then of course because of all the water I drink, I gotta get up once an hour to make a deposit. then Zoey gets up, and it takes her 5 minutes to get comfortable and falls asleep on my legs. ohhhh, what we do for our fur babies.
Old 10-16-2013, 04:21 PM
Power Poster

hey Mary,~~~~~~ big wave, whatcha up to, any thing in your area of the woods???? you're quiet today.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:00 PM

I need to get started on my ornies. so I will have them to mail on time.
Old 10-16-2013, 05:02 PM

Lynnie, Heidi usually sleeps with me at least part of the night. Sometimes she beats me to the bed and lays crosswise the bottom, so when I get in bed I can't stretch out. Makes for a tough night of sleeping. And she won't move for anything. Sometimes I get up and rattle her dog bone bucket, then she will get off the bed. Then I hustle in and take my place hogging the bed. That's life with a 128# dog.
Old 10-16-2013, 06:13 PM
Power Poster

Lynnie I'm here Hi !! Just been kinda helping hubby work on the bathroom. He's taken down the 4 inch white tile that is on 3 walls around the tub and replacing the sheetrock then putting 12 inch tan tile up. Big job. A lot of slow work and measuring. It's 9 pm and a lot of regulars are off the net. I need to start to bed soon.Not much else goin on here in my neck of the woods. Have a good night eberyone. hugs mary