Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-17-2013, 04:51 PM
Power Poster

cheeri, where are you looking for your patterns? i'm the cat and curiosity is killing me. I look everywhere and make ornament out of nothing sometimes, or i'll improvise. sorry you got really yucky weather. it's so nice and sunny here in the 70's. I felt stupid wearing long pants today. And to think I was out looking for pink work boots, and looking at winter coats, silly me!!!!. so what kind of ornaments are you looking at???
Old 10-17-2013, 06:36 PM

Off to bed. Spending the morning with DH hunting. I love getting alone time with DH out and about doing things we usually dont get to do. Should be a great morning. Afternoon is booked for more sewing. See everyone tomorrow.
Old 10-17-2013, 07:43 PM
Power Poster

i'm off to bed also, kitty is calling. mdall, have fun tomorrow, what are you gong for? hopefully, my partners get their gifts tomorrow. I've had it with the post office lying to me about when people will get their stuff. just tell me the truth. otherwise, they get my hopes up. sooooo, tomorrow, I expect some people to get goodies. let me know when you get them. have fun hunting. stocking the freezer for winter? show us what you sew tomorrow.
I need to make a new quilt for the bed. fter reading threads about tying, I might just do that. we usually sleep under the same quilt summer and winter, but maybe i'll make a tyed quilt, the thick kind, just need a quick design for it. any suggestions? I need to make it 120x 120. good night all
Old 10-18-2013, 02:27 AM

got my names and hope to get them done at my retreat this weekend. have a great weekend ladies
Old 10-18-2013, 10:56 AM

Location: Ohio, the land of 4 seasons. sometimes all in the same week!

fur babies on the prowl. I ALWAYS shut the sewing room door at night. BUT, I came out to the livingroom to chat with the youngen (for 10 minutes) before she left for work and that black furball meowster sneaked in and tore apart the Snowman that I had felted, to replace the felted bird, he alledgedly tore apart earlier this week! ay yi yi. so the remaining ornie is boxed up, taped and on the top shelf till I get to the post office. I'm outta wool . . . hey I wonder if cat hair felts? hmmm here kitty kitty kitty
Old 10-18-2013, 11:18 AM

I thought I had signed up too....so I if that is why I didn't get names yet????
Old 10-18-2013, 11:30 AM
Power Poster

moortell, have a blast at your retreat.
cheerio, try felting kitty fur, i don't mind. if it works, i'll send you a bunch of Zoey's grey fur, then you'll have gray.
they make the wool out of everything else, why not kitty fur. I think you just need to make your furbabies something 'mush more important'. they're just saying, hey mom, i love what you made "ME". i'm o.k. with cat spit too.
robinlee, she may not have gotten to your names yet. you can always do a side swap with the other people that didn't sign up. or i'm sure other people wouldn't mind swapping. the more ornaments, the happier.

did anyone get your pkg from me yet. it's the promise date from the US POST OFFICE. let me know,
i'd give them a piece of my mind, but i've done that so much, i don't have much left.
tonight is date night, so when i get home, i'll ck with all of you to see what you all got today.
Old 10-18-2013, 12:44 PM

Lynnie, we went out today hunting for squirrels or turkey. Didnt find either. Just spent alot of time walking throught the woods. There is a youth deer season this weekend that DH is taking the kids out for so hoping they get something. I love watching the expressions and hearing the excitement in their voices when they get their first animal. The way prices of meats is going up I also like the fact that I have meats in freezer that dont cost a fortune to keep us going. I despise having to pay $4.00/lb for hamburger when you can use dear burger and noone knows the difference. Takes alot to feed my 5 boys.

Well didnt get any sewing done this afternoon since I was worn out from all that walking I took a nap. Hoping to get some of the ornaments finished up this evening since I have the greenery for some of them now. Will post pics once done.

As far a design for a knotted comforter. I like crazy since it reminds me of the old quilts from grandma's days. Have a few of those and love them. Hope to make one of my own one day.
Old 10-18-2013, 01:36 PM
Power Poster

mdall, sorry no big game this time. a lot of people are against hunting. a lot of people are animal lovers. well. i'm a hugh animal lover, and sometimes the general public needs to know that hunting is a normal event. if the public doesn't do it, the forest rangers must. otherwise, it's over population, they starve come out of the woods and go on OUR property. also while i'm at it. fur coats are the same. these animals are raised for that purpose, just like the meat you eat. the beavers that are trapped are trapped humanely, and must be culled like deer. it's just a fact of life.
do you make carpets and gloves and such from the fur and leather. five boys must be fun to feed. my son was picky and I only have one. he just had expensive taste. in food and everything else for that matter.
can't wait to see what everyone is getting.
Old 10-18-2013, 02:11 PM

Well my ornys are winging their way to their new homes. Hope ya'll like them, I posted pics way back in the thread.