Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-18-2013, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
moortell, have a blast at your retreat.
cheerio, try felting kitty fur, i don't mind. if it works, i'll send you a bunch of Zoey's grey fur, then you'll have gray.
they make the wool out of everything else, why not kitty fur. I think you just need to make your furbabies something 'mush more important'. they're just saying, hey mom, i love what you made "ME". i'm o.k. with cat spit too.
robinlee, she may not have gotten to your names yet. you can always do a side swap with the other people that didn't sign up. or i'm sure other people wouldn't mind swapping. the more ornaments, the happier.

did anyone get your pkg from me yet. it's the promise date from the US POST OFFICE. let me know,
i'd give them a piece of my mind, but i've done that so much, i don't have much left.
tonight is date night, so when i get home, i'll ck with all of you to see what you all got today.
I got some beautiful ornaments from you. I will post pictures tomorrow.The lighting will e better and I am very tire from errands in town all afternoon. Thank You sooo much. They are really beautiful.hugs Mary
Old 10-18-2013, 03:38 PM

Lynnie,
I love animals! Hubby loves animals! He also loves to fish and hunt..and he eats what he gets, too...Now I don't cook it, and some of it "I aint-a eatin' it either"...hubby just says more for him...lol. Also look at the conditions a lot of animals live in prior to becoming a steak or a ham...some are not so great.
K
Old 10-18-2013, 03:42 PM

Lynnie, I completely agree with the overpopulation. That is a problem here with the deer. We do however have a rule set for conservation of the big bucks and does. We try to only take bucks over a certain age and the same with the does. Usually its the older ones that we know have been here for awhile and on the downward slope of horn growth and breeding. Same goes for the does, we try to make sure they are not pregnant and do not have young. We have the normal season here and also get permits for crop damage during the summer. So alot of rules when it does come to harvesting. Most of these rules apply to all the game here, bear, fox, turkey, grouse, etc. I know alot of people dont like hunting and think it is cruel but it is necessary to maintain a healthy environment. Also, some of the families here have no choice. Its a matter of eating or starving. During these season we only take what we know we can eat and in the event that extra is there we donate it to a local organization that processes it and gives it to the needy. I believe that alot of the public doesnt understand the process and think we are just out there to kill for the fun. Trust me once you hear an animal that has not been hit correctly you learn there is nothing fun about it. The time and memories you can make while hunting with kids and family can also be great. I have tons of memories hunting with my grandfather, dad, uncles, and cousins that are priceless to me. To answer your question about the hides. Yes, we have keep some of the more unusual ones and have tanned them and hung them on the wall. We also have some of the larger bucks mounted for the wall. Not much goes to waste. Even the remains that cant be used for our personal use are given to feed the habitat here. Thanks for the support. I figured I would have gotten on today and found someone blasting me for it. Its a way of life. I think everyone should try it at least once, even if you dont harvest an animal, just being out in nature relaxing and in the quiet is amazing.

Last edited by mdall; 10-18-2013 at 04:02 PM.
Old 10-18-2013, 03:53 PM

Got my ornaments today and I LOVE them!!!! Thank you so much Grann of 6!!Little elf and gingerbreadman . So cute,goes on my little tree in my sewing room....
Old 10-18-2013, 04:03 PM

Originally Posted by ljdugas31 View Post
Got my ornaments today and I LOVE them!!!! Thank you so much Grann of 6!!Little elf and gingerbreadman . So cute,goes on my little tree in my sewing room....
We want pictures, please. We want to see all the lovelies.
Old 10-18-2013, 05:09 PM
Power Poster

puhhhhhllleeeesee let us see pictures, I need to see pictures. I joined this swap for one and only one reason, to see pictures. ( I know, I couldda just dropped on in and stalked, but this makes my plea sound better.) I'm waiting!!!

stopped at the store and got the little miss some bacon. when she ate bacon, she never had furballs. so we put her on a diet and got fur balls, so ...we're back to the bacon routine. wish me luck
Old 10-18-2013, 05:27 PM

Love too but don't have the equipment too.maybe grann of 6 can if she took a pic.
Old 10-18-2013, 07:32 PM

I am confused. Some people have their ornaments already and some don't have names yet. Did I sign up on the wrong post?
Old 10-18-2013, 07:48 PM

I'm sorry I don't understand that either. I would of thought all names would of been out already.
My ornaments are sent out as well.
If someone needs to do a side swap let me know. Don't want anyone going empty handed. Just PM me.
Old 10-18-2013, 09:38 PM

Originally Posted by Pattia View Post
I am confused. Some people have their ornaments already and some don't have names yet. Did I sign up on the wrong post?
I just received my names yesterday so maybe it is still in the works-was okay though-I wasn't in a hurry.