Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-19-2013, 06:25 PM

Mdall I love the pine cone on the right!! It look sooooo real! Isn't amazing how many pins you go thru on the balls? I have been making them for years and I always love using a white or light color for the second row. It just makes the pattern pop. BTW how did the last game of the year turn out?
Old 10-19-2013, 06:49 PM
Power Poster

mdall, love love love those pincones. I hop/wish I was your partner. my sis made one about 20 yrs ago. I wanted it so badly, she wouldn't give it to me, if she only knew how good a home i'd have given it. my mom has it now, all covered in dust, it's actually white now. I need a tut on these
how'd the game go.?
just got home from dinner and a movie with dh. saw Escape Plan, didn't want to see it, but it was really good.
later everyone. since there is no mail tomorrow, I expect to see some pics of what's going out. love love love pictures, gets me inspired.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:06 PM
Power Poster

Those pinecones are adorable. love em.
Old 10-19-2013, 07:19 PM
Power Poster

mdall, let me know if you need my address
Old 10-19-2013, 07:24 PM
Power Poster

Oh no Lynnie !!!! It's mine. Do I have to tell a woeful story to get it.I will.
Old 10-19-2013, 11:30 PM

Love the natural looking pinecone! Got my names so need to mail soon
Old 10-20-2013, 01:23 AM

I knew I should've signed up for that SS swap!! Teehee...
Lynnie, bring on the bacon, girl!! And the reindeer, and, and, and....
Mdall, loving those pinecones!! You did get my mailing addy, didn't you??
Lawson, You never know what a tale or 2 of woe will get ya! Um, as a matter of fact, you should be getting something this week from me..
Thank you, thank you, thank you Brenda for all of your hard work for us! You may just be on Santa's nice list, too
Kif
Old 10-20-2013, 01:49 AM

those pinecones are just too cute! Hope my ornys arrive Monday to my partners. They went out in the mail Friday. I always have so much fun with this swap & the SS one. Yes, I'm one of the naughty ones down in the hole! But we're having a blast down there! It's too late to join this year, but watch for it next year for just oodles of fun!
Old 10-20-2013, 05:54 AM

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments on the pinecones. I have some others to make as well as more patterns to try out. Hoping to get to that today.

Lynnie, there is a tute on youtube on how to make the pinecones. Will have to find it again. I just stumbled onto it one day while looking for ideas. No more did I find that and my quild announced that this is one of the ornaments that we will be making during our Xmas workshop. LOL I thought to myself, of course something I already know how to make. Oh well they are planning to make them in Xmas colors rather than brown so Ill join . in and have more for my tree.

For all of you that hope/wish I have your name and addy. Well just say youll have to wait. LOL Maybe once I get more orns done and figure what Im sending to my partner Ill just have to do some side swapping with some of you.

Well, four of the kids just left with their grandparents for church, the last one is in his room catching up on his horror movies that he cant watch when the other young ones are here, and DH is getting ready to head out to work. Birds are going out today, tonight, and tomorrow so he will just be in and out for the next two days. I so miss him and worry about him when he has to work all these hours back to back, but that is what pays the bills. So, I am off to my sewing area in hopes to get lots done today. Working on more orns and stuff for all my SS swaps. Ill post pics later if I get anything completely finished. Have a great day and happy sewing ladies.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:08 AM

Those Pinecones are truly FABULOUS!!!!! Love them.

Well, my ornaments are done and ready to mail on Tuesday. I make wooden ornament for package tags that I personalize with the person's name, and every year I make an extra for my tree and an extra in case of need - this year 2 of the extras will go to my swap names. (My tree is all hand made ornments, hundreds and hundreds of different ones.) They are hand cut, hand painted, and have been doing them for years, had a wholesale ornament business for years until I burned out a couple years ago. Now, I just make a dozen or so of each every year and have fun with them.