Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 10-18-2013, 07:49 PM

that is funny

No news from my partner either she isn't so hot on her package or she just wont write.. argh pirates!

I made some coconut candy today. sliced it up thin, sugared it, cooked it, dried it.. oh my gosh how not to eat an entire coconut!! one piece that's all I want.. uh huh. I had trouble not eating the coconut while I was slicing it, one piece in the bowl, one piece in the mouth, one piece in the bowl and after the third one I realized I wouldn't have any candy if I didn't stop now! sigh. restraint is not my best feature...
Old 10-18-2013, 07:50 PM

ps I vote for Jan. I am on overdrive getting things done.
Old 10-20-2013, 06:21 AM

still no word from moonstookie she is mia here.. anyone know what happened???

well working on two table runners this weekend and if lucky a bit on a round robin but that is mighty ambitious. beats watching football! its a calm clear day think it could even get up to 50 today but haven't checked the weather mans words of warning. better this way I an live in my delusional state of mind. had the window open all night long it was truly pleasant. my idea of fall tons of chicken enchiladas from last night (99 percent of the darned tray it seems) anyone want dinner????
Old 10-20-2013, 07:19 AM

So nobody has an opinion? Come on folks! Dive in & vote! Deadline's coming up, so where is everyone?
Old 10-20-2013, 11:40 AM

an opinion on waiting for the next swap/ I voted to wait til January or there will be almost no members in the swap. we want to keep the group larger I think it makes for chat that is more enlivened. Maybe we could even grab Nancia back into play though she is expecting a new baby in the fold so maybe not..

btw if your looking Moonstookie, I am just wondering if you go the package no pressure on finishing on your end. Could you say something?? anything??? like egad I hated that! or that was nice or oh dear what do I say?? I know quilted undies wasn't first on your list but.. sometimes I just have to go with inspirations..
Old 10-20-2013, 02:51 PM

I'm easy, I don't care whatever the vote is. I'm not in the mood to load a quilt and quilt it so I just keep making table runners and toppers. I've got enough to choke a horse I think and if I wasn't so lazy what I should do is rent a table for the craft show and sell some of them. Only thing is spending the day there and doing all the small talk stuff is not my favorite thing to do and you might get back enough money for the fabric but never your time.
Old 10-21-2013, 05:30 AM

I love the chatter at those things myself and uh sitting at home I earn zippo so maybe its worth it .. not for some but for those with limited income it makes a huge difference. I wish I had the energy to do those things but I barely have energy to do what I am doing now. It is a lot more fun to gift them and know they will be loved.

watched zombies last night. ugh, awful, gory, gross, did I mention gross? hubby was wanting to watch the darned thing and I gave in .. who is the DUMB bunny here? I won't do that again anytime soon. rather watch a cop shoot em up and no would not rather watch that either. Life is full of cruddy things why spend my time watching such horror and negativity. just walk into a hospital and look at the faces of those there.. its scary enough to me.

I am trying to come up with a pattern to use on a round robin with tractors and such. going to use cow fabric for sure with it.. how can I not? I LOVE COWS. weirdo. who cares? when I was growing up I would tell my parents when I grew up and was rich I would buy them a cow. everyone laughed at me and I didn't understand why. now I get it. gee not buying you a big house or fancy car nope not Linda. buying you a cow! a moo cow at that. for years received cow items from family as a joke. I was embarrassed by all the cows and too refined.. got rid of them. now years later I think.. they weren't that bad and wish I had kept those 40 or so cow ornaments.. what a cute tree that would have made. dorky but cute
Old 10-21-2013, 09:56 AM

I think I have a cow applique in my animals book. You need a tractor block too...

http://beeinmybonnetco.blogspot.com/...farm-girl.html

Or an applique tractor:

http://free-quilt-patterns.net/applique/Tractor.html
Old 10-21-2013, 01:41 PM

I need to send out a big thank you to Elisabrat. I just returned home from a business trip and found. A lovely package waiting for me. I apologize off the delay. It appears the package came last week while I was away. So sorry. I absolutely love everything. Especially the cute thread catcher/pin cushions. Pathetic fall table runner is fabulous as well. I will post a picture as soon as I get back home. Which will not be. Until late tonight. But I wanted to let Elisabrat know how grateful I am. My apologies for being on so little during this swap. Has been a really hectic and stressful time at work. Unexpectantly.

Thank you again Elisabrat. Lovely items truely.

Monstookie
Old 10-21-2013, 01:42 PM

Laugh. Just read my post. Not pathetic table runner. I was trying to say. The table runner was fabulous. I'm typing on my iPad and it sometimes has a mind of its own. Urrrrrr