Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Singer XL 100 embroidery machine? >

Singer XL 100 embroidery machine?

Singer XL 100 embroidery machine?

Old 03-18-2013, 07:17 AM

Originally Posted by Quilt-T View Post
Hi. I've been searching for info and pics of this machine. There is a local lady selling hers with all attachments and some cards for $200. Is that a good deal? She said that it works great just selling because hubby got her a new machine. I would love any info on this. Been wanting an embroidery machine for awhile. I just don't want a lemon! Meeting up in a few days to check it out. Thanks for any help!
Tanya
For 200.00, it is a real good buy. Grab it in a hurry. They are very similar to the singerxl1000
Old 03-20-2013, 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by cherylmae View Post
For 200.00, it is a real good buy. Grab it in a hurry. They are very similar to the singerxl1000
I did go ahead and buy it. I tried it a but when I got it, but no real time to have fun yet. Hopefully this weekend. I did love that it had the cards that I can load from the computer. Can't wait to really give it a go!!
Old 10-21-2013, 05:40 AM

Default Singer Profssional XL 100

Hi. I've been searching for info and pics of this machine. There is a local lady selling hers with all attachments and some cards for $200. Is that a good deal? She said that it works great just selling because hubby got her a new machine. I would love any info on this. Been wanting an embroidery machine for awhile. I just don't want a lemon! Meeting up in a few days to check it out. Thanks for any help!
Tanya
Hi Tanya,

I am using the Singer embroidery machine XL 100 for about 10 years. I am very happy with it but looking for cards.

Try to get it and you will be happy.

Fanny
Old 10-21-2013, 06:21 AM

Tanya
I started embroidering with this machine & was very happy with it. Traded up to their newer model, which I also was very happy with. Those cards are worth a few bucks just for them alone. I paid almost $2,000 for mine several years ago (Canadian prices, of course) so $200.00 seems like a heck of a deal (if condition is good) & considering you are getting embroidery cards with it. Well worth checking out. The only drawback I could see is that the designs that it will do are not the big ones so it depends on what exactly you are looking for.
Old 10-21-2013, 06:55 AM

I have embroidery cards for the Quantum XL 100 and I don't use this machine anymore. I have since upgraded if anyone is interested.
Old 10-21-2013, 10:14 AM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
As far as I know Singer embroidery machines have to be connected to a computer to work. Not just to transfer designs, but for operation of the machine. If you are running Windows 8 they were working on a patch for my sister's brand new machine which she received for Christmas. She was going to have to buy an old laptop computer to use with her machine. Too much trouble as far as my opinion goes.
You do NOT have to be connected to a computer to use this machine. You have to be connected to a computer & have the optional software to enable it to download designs from the internet BUT not for every day sewing or any embroidery that is built into the machine or to use the design cards. I had the XL100 & later upgraded so I know this machine very well.
Old 10-21-2013, 07:03 PM

This machine is not able to connect to a computer, this machine has no USB port or computer cable connect. It uses the amazing box to download designs to a card, as this is the only way to be able to sew out the designs. It may be difficult to find any cards for this machine, as they have quit making the cards for the XL-100. I found this out about 6 months after I bought this machine in June '97.