Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
NEW UPDATE!!  11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!! >

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

NEW UPDATE!! 11/20 Secret Santa 2013---OPENING DAY-DECEMBER 8 @ 4PM EST!!!!

Old 10-22-2013, 10:56 AM

Bubbles Peppermint here.....how what an elf name.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:01 AM

Yesterday my SS hint was that you live in a state that begins with a vowel. Today's SS hint is that you live in a state that also ends with a vowel.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:57 AM

Oh, what is Teavana? sounds like a starbucks for tea lovers. Is that true? It sounds glorious to me. I love my Earl Grey tea with honey. Can't imagine a day without it! I'm guilty of barely posting. It's not because I don't enjoy the exchanges but that I seldom feel I have anything to add. I am excited about Dec 8 as the big day...it's my favorite: my birthday. I learned that my other name is Tinker Pointy Toes. I just know I love to plan and fill a box of goodies for a sister quilter and hope that's criteria enough.
Old 10-22-2013, 11:59 AM

My SSP will know her treats are from from me by the return address but... she gets to wait and see what I have sent!
Old 10-22-2013, 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by dotcomdtcm View Post
My SSP will know her treats are from from me by the return address but... she gets to wait and see what I have sent!
Think mine's going to be a bit of a giveaway too . Just don't read the Customs Declaration, y'hear?
Old 10-22-2013, 12:35 PM

Hi Santa's Helpers, I am enjoying the elf names. There cute and fun. I am having a great time putting my package together for my secrety giftee. I finished the shopping part of my gift yesterday. And I had some fantastic coupons and was able to pick up my giftee's most requested item. I am still working on my homemade presents as well. (Which in itself is a clue. My giftee loves to receive homemade. Tease, tease.) hmm, I can't imagine there would be too many of us on here that would love homemade. (Of course, said tongue in cheek, with a huge grin on my face.)

I don't post a whole whole lot either. Sometimes, I just don't know what to say either.

I hope I gave my SS enough to go on. I don't want to give you a list of things to buy. Because you may surprise me by sending something I didn't know I wanted but really love. I found out a lot about my SS giftee just through her posts here, there and yonder. I know my first year in the SS swap I also got a person that just didn't post hardly ever. But she seemed like a real nice lady and she was very clear about her dislikes. And just knowing that helped me to send things I knew she would like. I know I have pretty much been a Santa's helper that is a bit practical. I think that's just me. My budget at times is tight. So I like to send things I know my giftee will be able to use. Then, I make the fun things. (Gifts given from the heart.)
Old 10-22-2013, 01:36 PM

Love to get caught up on these fun posts. I have mailed my package but have not received on as yet. If we get to open onDec 8th I will be one excited fabric lover. Thanks and hugs to all SSR.
Old 10-22-2013, 01:41 PM

My package is done. I got extra ideas on this thread. I will drop off for a while & spend more time on the machine!
Back on in December. Have to get the turkeys out! Dotty
Old 10-22-2013, 01:46 PM

Nessie I am also a first time Santa, and this is my second swap. First one was a little bit of a let down as not much in the way of banter. I also enjoy getting to know my recipient via this thread and stalking her on some other. It's fun to read threads she posts to on ones that I have never posted to. I also looked up what is in her area of the country and local events. I to am trying to customize the box. This has been fun to read and there are times I don't post because some one else has posted what I feel. I hope nothing that I have posted has offended anyone. I am defiantly enjoying this one.

Jaba I hope the surgery goes well, Are you going to do the mystery quilt in January? That is always a fun trip and a cheap ticket. (cyber money only)

Any one up for hot chili tonight? Making fresh corn bread.
Old 10-22-2013, 02:06 PM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Ladies, I'm certainly not new to this board or to this swap but I can say that this year some of your comments have completely surprised me. Last year I posted a lot more than this year, I will be the first one to admit that....but things change also. Do I work full time, No, thank heavens but to explain some of it to you.....at the moment this is not the only swap I am in, have wall hangings, doll quilts, table runners and home decor that all needed made. Also in 3 round robins and the boomerangs groups. I have been busy with all these and trying to put together a package for you that I so hope you will enjoy. And I also have family and friends that I would like to make a little something for. And now to add to this I have to have some major back surgery next month that will prevent me from going up and down stairs for at least 3 weeks, I know that's not your problem but mine....all my sewing is downstairs, so I have been sewing frantically to have projects done and upstairs so I can sew on the bindings at least. Hope this will explain why I haven't been on here and taken the time to type out a message to all of you each day, I do try to read the posts and stay in touch so that when surgery happens I will know what has been going on. But please don't think I am not having fun, I loved picking out things for you that I hope you will like and I do hope you will like to receive my package that I have spent a long time on even if you don't know me very well. I certainly look forward to what you are sending me to enjoy. ( the comment above was a little hard to read and to be honest I hope my partner does not feel that way.) If I were brand new to this swap think I might be a little afraid to post on here for the first time. I've had my say and if you're so inclined please think about what you say when someone else is reading it, just my opinion and if I have offended anyone I apologize.
Jaba I hope you weren't refering to my last post. I certainly didn't mean to say anything to hurt anyone's feelings. If so , then I do apologize and ask forgiveness for a wayward tongue.