Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 10-21-2013, 05:45 PM

My iPhone does some of the same weirdness on changing what I think I've typed.
Half the time it changes my name from Patty to Party! Got my FIL all confused when I sent him birthday greetings. He thought it was somebody messing around.
And my friend's daughter sent her mom something and it changed mamacita to manacles, which in the context of the sentence (which I of course can't remember) made it really funny!
Old 10-22-2013, 04:17 AM

Jaba, don't think I forgot you! Your beautimous runner is sitting on my futon, waiting for the quilting goddess to finish a baby quilt she has to deliver on Saturday for a baby shower or her bestie will decapitate her! Did I mention I have to go to this baby thing on Saturday? Thank God it's not til 3pm. I may need until 2 to finish. My machine doesn't seem to like me stitching so close to the end of the fabric apparently, and didn't want to feed right last night. Then Dusty was helping me cut some strips of white fabric (because this arthritis is killing me with these weather ups & downs and I STILL don't have my medicine!) and cut himself with my rotary cutter, which had a brand new blade in it. Yep, fun evening. It wasn't deep, and he's fine, but he bled like a stuck pig.

So a I was saying, envelope stitch, turn & quilt & yours is ready to mail, along with your & Brat's licorice!

No more new commitments for me until January. That's the deal. Unless the man's mother asks me to make her something special for Christmas, which she won't expect before new years. I'm going to finish up my swaps and then work on some of the other things I have on my list, some of which I have cut and even already embroidered, but haven't finished yet. I need to make my best friend's breast cancer throw blanket for Christmas, which I haven't started on yet (and I can't decide on a design, so any suggestions would be warmly received), and I owe her a wallet too. Luckily that's the only quilt I have on my list besides the 53" +/- Christmas tree mat for the man's SIL, which she said she didn't have to have for this Christmas.
Old 10-22-2013, 04:22 AM

pathetic runner? I had to laugh when I read that. truly I did. your way too funny.. now I am trying to figure out what you were trying to type when it changed it up to that.. a game to keep my little mind busy. glad you received it. that's all I wanted to know
Old 10-22-2013, 07:31 AM

At least you gave my "beautimous" runner a nice place to rest , I'll make sure it's comfy when it gets here....
Old 10-23-2013, 03:44 AM

Only 5 days til the deadline! If you have shipped/received and I don't know it, please let me know! I will be sending out reminders shortly. As of now, the following people have not confirmed that they received their packages:

[TABLE="width: 87"]
[TR]
[TD]fmhall2[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Dabbler312[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Tam…Moo[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Cindy60545[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]mom-6[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Jaminclaugh[/TD]
[/TR]
[TR]
[TD]Elisabrat[/TD]
[/TR]
[/TABLE]

(Cindy, I saw where you posted that you had shipped to Tam...Moo, I don't see where she confirmed receipt.)

So, if you're on this list, and you have received your item, please drop me an email so I can mark you off!

OK, with that business out of the way, does anyone know anything about Babylock sergers? A high school friend has asked me to see what I can find out about pricing on this Babylock BL4-736DF, because he's looking to sell it. It sounded like it was in his recently deceased father's home, so he doesn't know about the age or service history. He said it acts like either the motor needs to be replaced or the brushes. He's trying to determine the worth for selling it, and if it's worth repairing to sell. Anyone who can help, please feel free to email me...

http://www.flickr.com/photos/longsho...7636837244313/

Last edited by DustysMomma; 10-23-2013 at 03:53 AM.
Old 10-23-2013, 04:18 AM

I haven't heard a word from Tam..Moo as to whether she's received the package or not. I know my mailbox hasn't had any packages in it, so she hasn't shipped either. I'll post when I do receive either an acknowledgement or a package.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:34 AM

she is just now recovering from her surgery Cindy have you written her? I know she received a doll quilt but didn't know who sent it, I think it was Jaba she is going to ask her today I think.. be patient which is tough. I also know her son has been opening her mail and not keeping envelopes when he brings her things. I will hope she lets you know soon its tough waiting. trust me I know
Old 10-23-2013, 06:02 AM

The doll quilts are assigned partners also and yes I had Tam..Moo. She received it on the 10th, but I have not heard from her nor have I received mine from her. Didn't know anything about her having surgery so perhaps that explains it.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:11 AM

Dusty'sMomma that it one of the 1st sergers that BabyLock made, at least 25 years old maybe more. They take special needles that are very hard to find and repair costs are expensive. It is a differencial feed machine and a pain in the you know what to thread. If he finds someone to sell it to that can repair it don't think they'd pay over $25-30 for it. He could just try to list it on E-Bay as is or for parts.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:25 AM

hey the Oct fat quarter swap is posted, super quick turn around just in case anyone is interested