Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main
Houston International Quilt Show >

Houston International Quilt Show

Houston International Quilt Show

Old 10-22-2013, 06:22 PM

Barb, thanks for the great information. This will be my first trip to the quilt show. My daughter also lives in Houston. I have been down there every year that the show is on but never wanted to go alone. This year my DIL is going to fly down with me. I am really looking forward to it. We can only go on Saturday for about half day.
Any suggestions?
Old 10-22-2013, 10:10 PM

So jealous!! My trip is cancelled The friend I was going to go see just found out her sister's cancer has returned. She will be having surgery this Thursday. My friend is flying up here to be with her sister. I still get to see her, but am sad for the circumstances...the prognosis is not good.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:17 AM

Because of fraud, credit and debit companies are paying closer attention to charges/debits. I was very imbarrassed when my credit card was refussed. My friend calls her debit company whenever she's making lots of debits. They're just trying to protect us by close scrutiny. The vendors are from all over the country, so it looks like the card is being used all over the country on the same day.
Old 10-23-2013, 03:54 AM

I'm excited for you... it sounds like something to put on my bucket list.
Old 10-23-2013, 05:10 AM

I AM GOING.... only for a day and I am bound and determined that nothing is going to keep me away.. I was going to go down with a group on a bus ( i live in San Antonio ) but my family in Dallas changed a family get together for the 2nd. I was a mess thinking that once again I was having to give up my plans, long story but I just changed my plans of seeing my extended family for my kids, but then it hit me.. I will drive down myself to Houston on Friday enjoy the entire day there and then drive to Dallas on Sat with my family. I wont be all crabby because I can't do something for myself..

Yea.. see you there..
Old 10-23-2013, 05:42 AM

I would love to attend this big event and definitely have plans to do so, but not this year - health problems are interferring. My youngest niece lives in Houston, and I would stay with her and hubby. I haven't been to see their new home yet, and this would be a great way to do both. We are very close and I've told her I had plans to do this some day, after she moved to Houston, and have an open invitation.
She doesn't sew, but I would want her to attend at least part of a day if not all day with me. I think she would become enthused enough to try in what little spare time she has to learn to sew. I've made her a quilt, and the two together a quilt, now must make hubby one for himself, hoped for this Christmas, but loks like it will be next year.
Have loads of fun all who go, and please take whatever pics you can and share with us when you get back. Hope your credit cards or bank accounts aren't maxed out before or even after you go. lol Stay safe and HAVE FUN!!!!
Old 10-23-2013, 05:48 AM

Originally Posted by quiltingfan View Post
I AM GOING.... only for a day and I am bound and determined that nothing is going to keep me away.. I was going to go down with a group on a bus ( i live in San Antonio ) but my family in Dallas changed a family get together for the 2nd. I was a mess thinking that once again I was having to give up my plans, long story but I just changed my plans of seeing my extended family for my kids, but then it hit me.. I will drive down myself to Houston on Friday enjoy the entire day there and then drive to Dallas on Sat with my family. I wont be all crabby because I can't do something for myself..

Yea.. see you there..

GOOD for you sometimes we let others dictate what we do or don't do, glad you can take this in, please be careful on the drive - living in S.A. you definitely know that I-35 and how busy it is. STAY safe. My son lives in San Marcos and is the Operations Manager for Ralph Lauren's Polo Store there. Have Fun-
Old 10-23-2013, 05:54 AM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
Because of fraud, credit and debit companies are paying closer attention to charges/debits. I was very imbarrassed when my credit card was refussed. My friend calls her debit company whenever she's making lots of debits. They're just trying to protect us by close scrutiny. The vendors are from all over the country, so it looks like the card is being used all over the country on the same day.
This is great information to have, never thought of this, but glad you posted it. I have saved the important (in my opinion) tips you who have been - have posted. I only hope I remember where to find it when I get to go. These are great tips, and for those who haven't been before, we need to know these things.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:27 AM

i HOPE TO GO. I live in League City just about 10 miles from the convention center but I don't like going by my self because of the neighborhood. I say, Have a good time but don't walk around the area alone.
Old 10-23-2013, 06:54 AM

My husband and I are forunate to attend the International Quilt Show each year. I've included here links to the list of exhibitors and the floor plan for individual booths so that you can plan your shopping! Enjoy the beautiful quilts and shopping!

http://www.quilts.com/fqf13/info/floorPlan.pdf

http://www.quilts.com/home/shows/fqf...nts/exhibitors