Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th >

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

ELISABRAT's WINTER FROLIC TABLERUNNER/TABLE MAT SWAP!! SIGN UPS CLOSE OCT 10th

Old 10-23-2013, 11:41 AM

Brat, I've frozen single servings in sandwich or quart size bags. Have done rice as part of a casserole. May have to add some liquid when you reheat.
Old 10-23-2013, 12:40 PM

I love lentils! Wish I could lunch at Brat's instead of covering a meeting at noon.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:35 AM

oh meetings at noon, sound.. so exciting likethedog! Mom-6 put them in the freezer in quart bags.. hope that I love them as much as I did yesterday. I had too much food, shared a big bowl of stew next door

I am going to the fabric store as well a sweet friend gifted me a certificate. Now how to spend it... I am thinking I have to stear away from holiday fabric and look for something more universal. BUT ITS HARD!!!
Old 10-24-2013, 04:59 AM

Yes it is hard! Holiday fabrics are soooo pretty!
Old 10-24-2013, 02:12 PM

I tell myself that I don't need them, today I didn't even look .. yikes! I have 6 yrds I bought this summer of coordinating fabrics that well I really like, vintage starry brite! fabric like those old cards and ornaments.. so today I walked in right after dialysis. first thing I was FLOORED. to say it was a nice gift was so much an understatement. It was one of those pick your jaw up off the floor girl your missing teeth are showing!! oh my GOSH. So I walk around and I walk around literally. I pick up two half yards of fabric one for a quilt I am working on and one for a round robin. OK.. I literally either was to tired or two overwhelmed but I took 90 percent of my certificate home with me. oh yes I got two fat quarters also but really.. who walks in and cant find anything? I thought .. get something to make a real quilt not one that is all hodge podged and I blanked on who to make one for .. finally decided my soon to be son in law but then didn't know what colors style.. see my daughter is designer colored friendly it has to fit her décor . and well couldn't think so I came home. basically empty handed. I did get the store discount bag however. It took some convincing. They said well she bough the certificate. I said SHE LIVES IN CA and doesn't sew. Well um maybe after you spend this.. no no she already spent it.. so they gave it to me 'this one time' oh gosh really? but I couldn't get the discount today phew I will on future things. no rewards at this store... you have to spend x to get the 10 percent off bag or you have to spend 10.00 to buy it. I felt like I scored (DORK TATTOO) ..

well what was your day like? spaghetti and red sauce tonight and garlic bread and a nice green salad. I am ready for the salad and garlic bread sure hate red sauce... how about you?
Old 10-24-2013, 02:45 PM

Jaba, your runner is beautiful.

I have my runner pieces all cut, just not sewn. Have a few more projects to finish before I can start seriously sewing it together.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:35 AM

I am going to work on more tractors today. yippee.. I think its one of the harder ones..I thought it would be easy to work with but I am not so much feeling the colors.. well its not for me so sew away I will. Skaduzy, is there any other way to sew things together ("seriously start sewing it together") I think there is.. I am a goof ball and sing Italian love songs or Mexican flaminco songs all the time really loud hoping and praying the CD that is on is louder than my voice so the poor neighbors don't have to hear me.

Speaking of music do you start playing your holiday music anytime soon now? I have been listening to one cd since the first of the month.. wish I had more. I smartly put all my CD's on my computer. Then donated them to charity figuring I had it all why have both? well the good reason to have both is my computer died. like no recovery possible died. I now have three CD's. total. WHAT AN A... I should never have gotten rid of them. My advice.. don't do as I did. Now I am with one Christmas CD which is wrong everyone needs five or six for variety and well regular music my neighbors I think are not big classical music lovers.. country is pretty much in or old rock (boring!)... then there is me. the CA transplant.. I wonder how long til I lose that part? I hear all the time how they don't eat like that here and well now I want other types of music.. yikes I stand out like a sore thumb. I just know it.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:44 AM

OH yes before I forget our pal here from the table runner swaps QUILTINGKRAZY is running a doll quilt swap for Nov/Dec two months in one swap and you can pick what you would like to make and send or work with your partner to decide what they might like its an easy fun swap with good chat also so if your thinking heck you might have a bit of time.. its a good place to end up so. .run on over and sign up for that swap also. So far I think only 8 people have signed up so she could use your support of her swap also. Of course this is something you would work on um.. after you finish this swap lol but maybe your multi tasking and can work on both!!! I love the doll quilts they make a pretty splash of color on my wall. Jaba has a whole stairwell lined with them and also hangs them in her kitchen .. they are not very big so its a quick artsy swap
Old 10-25-2013, 06:17 AM

Got my pick a holiday swap project ready to mail (too late for post office yesterday cuz I locked my keys inside when I shut the door - long story - but DD came to my rescue).
Anyway have top side of my runner for DustysMomma done and working on an idea for the back. Think I'm going to make it reversible. Did that on another one and like how it works.
Old 10-25-2013, 08:06 AM

Thanks Brat! tlambing and likethedog have signed up for the doll swap! YEA!!