Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-27-2013, 06:18 PM

Mdall,
I also want to say I get how some of the others feel about parting with vintage things, but I also think of my Nanny (grandma) and she kept some vintage items, but also used others. She would say when we're no longer here, and if just keep passing stuff down only to look at, where's the enjoyment in that? At first, I didn't really "get it"..but I grew to see what she meant..and have some amazing memories of using vintage heirloom china/crystal for some meals...just because..wearing heirloom jewelry on a shopping outing, feeling so grown up, and having such a wonderful time. Nanny giving something special to someone and seeing their face light up, and in turn Nanny's face lit up. Now that's what sticks out to me!
K
Old 10-27-2013, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by Cindy60545 View Post
I haven't heard a word from one of my recipients either. They were delivered this past Monday. Sure hope she liked them. I've received some ornys from PaintMeJudy, but no others. I'm also not too concerned as the deadline isn't here yet. After that, then I'll worry.
No need to worry Cindy, as I had them re-routed to my address. I am waiting anxiously for them to arrive too!!
Old 10-28-2013, 01:36 AM

mdall those are beautiful! Hope one makes it way to my mailbox no matter what. Just beautiful. I love all the ornaments I have seen so far.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:46 AM

MDALL, your spool ornaments are absolutely beautiful! Love them all.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:11 AM
Power Poster

kiffie, type in ZOESTER in the box up top, and you'll see my little girl, 1st one is at the cattery where I adopted her, the next two are at home. she only has her tag and collar on. as soon as I get a camera, i'll post new photos of her. sounds like you had a lot of work with the shower, but also, a lot of fun, show us a pic or two.
I don't know how to bring Zoey's pic here. i'm not that computer savvy yet. is anyone here going to do the pincushion swap?? i'm working on my January ones right now, well, not now, but when I;m not typing.
Old 10-28-2013, 04:24 PM

Lynnie, I am hoping to join the pincushion swap. Will have to wait till the last day of sign ups and see how much I have done on my secret santa swaps. I should be dont with most of it by then. I have been thinking of ideas though. Like I said I kinda suck at the pincushion thing but I am game for a new adventure.

To my ornament partners, I am working on a last minute item and then they are getting packed up and ready to fly away to their new homes. I am really pleased with how everything came out.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:32 PM
Power Poster

when making pincushions, to make them great, just keep stuffing and when you think you're done stuffing, stuff some more. that will fill it out nicely for you and make a nice presentation.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:45 PM

OUCH, my fingers feel like pincushions. Well that should clue some people in on what I am doing. Yes, that is right, more beading pins and trying to shove them into styrofoam. Oh, I must really love some of ladies. Stay tuned for pics in the morning before they ship out, that is if my poor little finger live through it. If not, someone send bandaids. LOL
Old 10-28-2013, 11:21 PM

Band aids for ornys, sounds like a heckuva deal to me!! Hope your poor fingers aren't too painful today!
Lynnie, I will post some shower pics as soon as I get them uploaded, and some time..haha, what is that?? My dil and gd are coming by this afternoon, as dil wants me to make her a pumpkin shirt to wear for Halloween..with her 7 mo pg tummy it should look pretty cute..lol
Okay, I have to let it out, I am trying to hold back screams..my new Janome 7700 that I have only had a few months, and haven't sewn much on is non-working!! I was working on the fb baby blanket, stitches weren't right, and I could hear like a rubbing sound. I managed to eke it along and finish the blanket. Well today, after exploring, I could see that the lever bar that goes over the bobbin case was rubbing on it. Looked a lil more, could see a tiny spring that was dangling..or I thought it was a spring. Got a magnifying glass and a long straight pin, sure enough, it was a spring..and it was loose, so loose it "spronged" up and out, to where I haven't a clue..searched and searched, hubby tried to help look, we never did find it. Wouldn't matter, as it was dangling loose and not working anyway. I am not about to take the machine apart like I have on some of mine in the past, as it darn well better be under the warranty that the sellers are so quick to talk about when they want to make the sell!
Luckily I have other machines, to finish some of my swap obligations. About 2 mos ago I bought a Juki HZL-400, and I have to say, had I known about it prior to purchasing my 7700, I'm not sure I would've bought the 7700.. mainly as the Juki sews like a dream, and it was way less costly. Lastly, it is still sewing!!
Sorry for the rant, I think being in a Lupus flare, tired, and just an all around grump is making this all worse.
Signed,
A sheepish Kif
Old 10-29-2013, 04:45 AM

Kiffie, I know what you mean about the machines breaking down. A few weeks ago I had TWO old Singer machines given to me. I rehabbed them and have been sewing on them and having lots of fun. Well, my Designer 1 got jealous and decided to only sew backwards. So off she went to the spa. Turns out she needs 2 new boards in her innards, to the tune of over $500. I have had her for 13 years so she owes me nothing. Waiting for her to return, I started sewing on the Topaz 30, and she started acting up. I guess she decided if Miss D1 went to the spa, so should she, so she needs to go today. Luckily I have lots of machines here to sew on while my wallet gets thinner. I am hoping the Topaz is still under warranty, but probably not. They all need a good cleaning so each will have her turn at the spa.