Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap >

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

View Poll Results: When should the next swap in this series be?
Now! I don't have enough Christmas stuff!!!
0%
Wait until after the holidays, and have a signup deadline in January.
100.00%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

“pick any holiday” home dÉcor swap

Old 10-23-2013, 08:03 AM

I must apologize, while out having rotator surgery and being on serious pain meds, My adult son was trying to help and opened several packages and threw away the envelopes and there are no labels on the back. one is a bright turkeys around the edges and on back wth beautiful orange the designs in the middle and the other is a gold dot beautiful table runner with a christmasb tree and reindeer at each end of the runner please let me know if you made these so I can thank you, I am so sorry or he confusion. He though the was helping and it iOS odd to get multiple runners without labels. Thank you so'uch...I love therm all.
Old 10-23-2013, 11:35 AM

Glad you are recovering! And our helpers do sometimes forget that we might want the return address from something we receive. Not like at work where all the addresses are in the database!
Old 10-23-2013, 12:34 PM

Tam...Moo, the gold polka dots with the trees & reindeer were from me. There should have also been like a 1/2 dresden plate mug rug with it. Glad you got it ok.
Old 10-23-2013, 02:35 PM

FYI - Jami and I are scheduled to mail ours tomorrow. I finally got my binding redone. Keep trying to get a totally machine stitched binding to look right and keep ending up ripping out the final stitching and doing it by hand. Maybe one of these days!
Old 10-23-2013, 05:10 PM

Cindy, I just love it. I will be mailing yours tomorrow. I could finally put in the last stitches by hand after my shoulder surgery.
Old 10-24-2013, 04:29 AM

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Dusty'sMomma that it one of the 1st sergers that BabyLock made, at least 25 years old maybe more. They take special needles that are very hard to find and repair costs are expensive. It is a differencial feed machine and a pain in the you know what to thread. If he finds someone to sell it to that can repair it don't think they'd pay over $25-30 for it. He could just try to list it on E-Bay as is or for parts.
Thank you Jaba! I've passed that in information to him. It's not going to be what he wants to hear though. He's trying to raise the $ to get his father's will probated.
Old 10-25-2013, 05:26 AM

Mom-6 I can never get a machine stitched binding to look beautiful it always looks like it hopped all over. I hand stitch the back and on small projects it really doesn't take that much time. I can do a doll quilt or runner in less than an hour.. not horrible. Its quilts that are sooo much work. they take me at least 7 hours. hard to do that in one evening! I have and its not fun. I have decided they are four day projects. otherwise my fingers are SO SORE!

I know themamahauser does a special type of binding that is like pulled over from the back but ends up with a pillow stitch front (double fabric binding???) and its very pretty. I have tried the regular pull it from the back over and well.. I end up cutting it by accident every SINGLE TIME so after blowing that many times I just say forget it and do it the regular way if anyone has a secret on how to do that correctly please feel free to share.

dustysmomma, thank you for the block ideas. I have no skill at paper piecing. it frustrates me, maybe one day a class on how to do that correctly? wouldn't that be lovely.
Old 10-25-2013, 07:54 AM

Yea! I made it to the Post Office with Jami's items just now. And she said mine were on the way as well.
Old 10-28-2013, 06:32 AM

I will be sad if the chatter ends even if we don't do another swap. I will miss you guys!! I am going to work on a cool round robin today that has butterflies and bright batiks and it should be a challenge which is ok. I like a challenge. ITs freezy blustery today they said snow so far haven't seen it (this is fine with me) but 20's is still freezy enough for this old gal. the knees get all crickity when its cold. probably not a word but you know what I mean.

I think we are doing great as far as finished items.. I know the clock is ticking girls .. make dustysmomma really happy and send out on time so she doesn't have to go chasing after you. Its frustrating when that happens and she has been so very good to us (and she holds the key to grand licorice which well.. that makes her Queen in my books).
Old 10-28-2013, 07:53 AM

Got my beautiful runner and a pretty crocheted snowflake from my partner Jami. Picture to follow.