Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Pictures
Will the Real 15 clone please stand up >

Will the Real 15 clone please stand up

Will the Real 15 clone please stand up

Old 10-20-2013, 12:18 PM

Love the Packard sewing machine. Beautiful condition on both of them.
Old 10-26-2013, 08:38 AM

I bought one of these that is black on GW yesterday. Needs new wiring. I am loving the more original clones! So sweet. Now if my motor rebuilding parts would just get here...
Old 10-29-2013, 10:49 AM

This machine turned out to be my favorite. My hub and I were looking at some building in a very small town near us. He was scouting for office space and the Realtor took us into this old time building..the upstairs had been a boarding house in the old days. It gave me the creeps walking around up there. Holes everywhere and the plaster walls and ceilings crumbling. But in its defense it has good bones and I hope someone comes along and saves it. BUT..on our way out I happened to look over and noticed a sewing cabinet. Nosy that I am..I raised the lid. I gasped.....after some time trying to find the person that owned the building my hub bought the machine and brought it home. I oiled it and cleaned it and we sew merrily along. =)
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	483970_10151813923864838_1829290049_n.jpg
Views:	1036
Size:	58.8 KB
ID:	443950  
Old 10-29-2013, 12:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by RkayD View Post
This machine turned out to be my favorite. My hub and I were looking at some building in a very small town near us. He was scouting for office space and the Realtor took us into this old time building..the upstairs had been a boarding house in the old days. It gave me the creeps walking around up there. Holes everywhere and the plaster walls and ceilings crumbling. But in its defense it has good bones and I hope someone comes along and saves it. BUT..on our way out I happened to look over and noticed a sewing cabinet. Nosy that I am..I raised the lid. I gasped.....after some time trying to find the person that owned the building my hub bought the machine and brought it home. I oiled it and cleaned it and we sew merrily along. =)
This one is not a clone
Old 10-29-2013, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by miriam View Post
This one is not a clone
Nope but it's a great rescue story.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:37 AM

It is a National. I have one just like it. Glad you love yours! Don't love mine. Noisy and not very powerful. Perhaps it's the love you have for it that makes it hum happily along. <3
Old 10-30-2013, 06:33 AM

Looks a lot like the a couple of Whites that I have.
Old 11-08-2013, 06:09 PM

"Rodney" struck me as a particularly unusual brand for a clone, so I thought I'd post this. I'm not interested in buying another machine right now, and certainly not a non-working one in this price range, so it's here just for amusement, and since it's a Craigslist item, it may be gone by the time you see this: http://houston.craigslist.org/hsh/4179878251.html. If you missed it, it's a basic black similar to many others, but instead of "Mercury" or "Wizard" or some such it says "Rodney". Don't you wonder how these ideas get started?! I can just hear some prim 1950's woman telling her family she's off to play with Rodney, maybe while her husband is out at a bar called "The Library".
Old 11-08-2013, 06:20 PM
Power Poster

What a lovely group of machines
Old 11-09-2013, 01:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Rose_P View Post
"Rodney" struck me as a particularly unusual brand for a clone, so I thought I'd post this. I'm not interested in buying another machine right now, and certainly not a non-working one in this price range, so it's here just for amusement, and since it's a Craigslist item, it may be gone by the time you see this: http://houston.craigslist.org/hsh/4179878251.html. If you missed it, it's a basic black similar to many others, but instead of "Mercury" or "Wizard" or some such it says "Rodney". Don't you wonder how these ideas get started?! I can just hear some prim 1950's woman telling her family she's off to play with Rodney, maybe while her husband is out at a bar called "The Library".
Maybe if someone asked her where she got her dress she could say 'Rodney made it' or 'it was custom sewn by Rodney.'