Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 10-31-2013, 07:08 PM

Mdall,
I can't remember if you posted where you got the instructions for the pine cones? I love to have it. When I get out my ornaments to do our tree I will take a picture of the round ones I have made. I under stand about the sore fingers.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:41 PM

sorry guys--didnt get those wall hangings out to new owners Thursday as i had planned. Got sidetracked with getting things done in preparation for colonoscopy. Glad that is only once every 5 years but was told by doctor he wants a follow up one in 6 months..RATS!
Old 11-01-2013, 12:36 AM

Great ornys all! Mine are on their way to their owners, too..along with a few "goodies". I haven't received any yet, but I figure people are being like I was...also, good things come to those who wait!
Roseirish, bless you girl! I hate colonoscopies! Well, let me restate that, I loathe the prep for colonoscopies! The actual procedure is a blur, with the meds they give..I usually just worry about what I may say during it . My last one, as I was becoming aware, my doctor was shaking his head and laughing, telling dh and I that I said many funny things...yikes!
Kif
Old 11-01-2013, 08:50 AM

kiffie--i was awake through whole procedure so watched the screen so was able to see what doctor was finding and what he was referring to in his conversation. he found 3 polyps and removed them. two were small and he said were of no consequence. the third however was quite a bit bigger and he said something about the size may indicate precancerous state so wants a follow-up in 6 months. At least now I only have to dread the preparation as I will know what actually happens during procedure. I wont get final results for a few days but doctor said everything else looked good. well, off to mail these ornaments--one is going to land of alligators and other to land of mountains.
Old 11-01-2013, 01:27 PM

Dedemac, I found the tutorial for it while searching Youtube, cant remember the exact name. I think it was under folded fabric pinecone.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:04 PM

Thank you, Michelle

My ornaments went into the mail today heading east I think.
Old 11-01-2013, 02:14 PM
Power Poster

michelle, I've been sick for the past week, laryngitis
dedemac, my grandma used to make quick periogies, pot cheese eggs and flour, drop by spoonful into salted boiling water, then fry in butter. yummmoooo. I gotta try it sometime myself, don't know the exact mesurements, only grandma knew.
rose, my dh has chrones, has to go once a yr, and you better believe I make him do it.
dede, heading east, maybe me?

hopefully by tomorrow, i'll see some little works of art by you guys.

of to dinner and a movie with hubs,,,date night. saw bad grandpa last week, so funny, laughed so hard, almost peed my pants. tonight last vagas, i'll let you all know if it's thumbs up or down.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:12 PM

Forgot one thing in the packages, the card with my real name , So I guess they will go in the mail tomorrow. I knew I would forget something.
Old 11-01-2013, 03:24 PM

Here is a Picture of the ornaments I received from Sue ( Quilty Mom) Thanks so much Sue loved all 4 of them....
Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0992.JPG
Views:	406
Size:	59.3 KB
ID:	444453  
Old 11-01-2013, 03:32 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
thanks for the definition for me. 'those bubble things' are icicles
they have little snowflakes on them
for those of you thst don't know, a perogi is a Slavic (polish, in this case) ravioli type of pasta filled with potatoe and cheese. you boil them then fry in butter. serve with sour cream, yummmmmmm.like a baked pot. on steroids. i'm allergic to onions, but a lot of people put browned onions on them too.
mdall, can you take and post pics for me, thanks.
Lynnie my son has been after me for years to make the Pierogi for him... I have my own special recipe handed down from my Polish Aunt, it's much richer then most people's... Had to cook with her 3 or 4 times before I got it down pat and that was like 45 years ago... Sure miss her, she also taught me how to sew and she and my uncle gave me my 1st sewing machine a SInger in 1957... I have it but it got ruined in my daughter's basement flood... few years ago in CT.... Send me some of the Pierogi when you make them... Have you ever tried roast pork with ground and fried with onions and salt and pepper.. and some butter, Paula Dan style...LOL