Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Christmas ornament swap 2013 >

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Christmas ornament swap 2013

Old 11-02-2013, 02:22 PM
Power Poster

such beautiful ornaments coming in today. so happy for all of you who have received their ornaments. each one is prettier that the one b4!!!
Old 11-02-2013, 03:01 PM

Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
ladybug, wanna share your recipe? i'm sure everyone has a different twist on them. once I cheated. I worked in a chineese restaurant and took home the eggroll shells and used them. turned out super yummy. I like mine a tad sweet.
those ornaments from quilty mom are tooo cute, love that little reindeer. the beaded ones are nice too. I like to put that type in front of a light so it shines thru. have a good night all. catch up with all of you tomorrow
Lynnie I have 3 recipes, My aunt's which is the riches of them and then my mother's/sister's and mine... Mine is an adaptation of my aunt's and my ideas.... It's the one I have used for years.... I'll write it out and send it to you,( send me your address) but don't have the time to type them out and don't want to put them on line.... If there is anyone else that wants them you can PM me with your home address...
Old 11-02-2013, 03:09 PM

More great orny pics being posted!
Amelia0607, hope things get better for you soon...I think it is human to get mired down when life gets hard, so don't beat yourself up about it too much...
No ornys in mail for me today...and looks like my swapees didn't get mine yet, either...ah well, still early, and we all know I am the "laid back" one here, and Lynnie is the "open, open, open Mervyn's commercial lady"...HAHA!! Well, I say I am laid back...most peeps who know me would find that hilarious!!!
Kif
Old 11-02-2013, 03:36 PM
Power Poster

Kiffie, i'm pretty laid back too. I used to be over hyper ( I have a.d.h.d. and can be overactive)
my friends know I have to get stuff done weeks head of time. used to be, i'd start Christmas shopping in January and be wrapped by june. now I just have to be done by Nov. 15. then the leftover money goes to extras. like yucky stuff, you know, socks, underwear, or for good stuff, a new coat for my son, (fur ined of course, that was last year), or extras for dh or friends, my donations are taken care of during the year, and dropped off as soon as they will take them. i'll send my cousins stuff out mon. they live a state away. and one in Georgia.then when the bills come in, I can pay them off right away. I chg to get the points. Walmart used to take the points so i'd take a card for them to get fabric. not anymore. I just can't sit still, gotta keep on moving, do something, time is to precious to waste.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:10 PM

I love the ornaments grann of 6 made just beautiful. Love the bell and ball ornament too. Just beautiful ornaments arriving.
Old 11-02-2013, 04:40 PM

Love love love pierogies. Used to get them at a little local bar back in the 60s that had a fish fry every Friday, and you could get pierogies instead of french fried. The women made them from scratch, nothing compares to them, but there is a frozen brand in the grocery stores that isn't bad.
Originally Posted by lynnie View Post
thanks for the definition for me. 'those bubble things' are icicles
they have little snowflakes on them
for those of you thst don't know, a perogi is a Slavic (polish, in this case) ravioli type of pasta filled with potatoe and cheese. you boil them then fry in butter. serve with sour cream, yummmmmmm.like a baked pot. on steroids. i'm allergic to onions, but a lot of people put browned onions on them too.
mdall, can you take and post pics for me, thanks.
Old 11-02-2013, 05:11 PM

I have been working on some ornies today. My first idea didn't quite work out too well, so went another direction. Got on here to check in and I had 20 pages of catching up to do-now I'm cross eyed! Mine will be going out on Monday, so for those who have not received yet don't fret, deadline isn't till Tues. the 5th.

We have all kinds of ornaments on our tree, from many years and made by many hands so whoever is sending to me any color is fine. And I see that mdall's have already been received but for future reference I would be thrilled if a kid wanted to make me an ornament-it would be right at home on our tree as so many that my kids made when they were growing up are on our tree. All the pics I have seen are so cute, and pretty. I will try to remember to take a pic to post here before I mail mine out.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:31 PM

Still waiting to get my second package and also waiting to here from my other partner that I sent to. I hope she likes them. Yesterday while in town I was walking through the store and found some of those clear ball ornaments. These were huge and the ones I was looking for when this swap came up and of course since its over. I am thinking of picking some up and getting next years done along with some for my kids to work on during their Thanksgiving break.
Old 11-02-2013, 06:33 PM
Power Poster

gran, where did you get those ornaments from???? I saw something similar on smart needle. I think they are so cute.
I have something for reindeer this year, they hit the cute button with mw.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:29 AM

Lynnie,
I hear ya, I don't sit well, either..that's why I said I was the laid back one and then added most people who know me would find my saying that hilarious! Years ago when dh and I had sold our house in town, we lived with my parents for a few weeks waiting for our house where we live now to be completed, and have the new well and septic systems put in. At that time, it had been about 16 years since I had last lived at home. Well, I couldn't just sit around..like watching tv, or whatever. Ended up my mother telling me I was driving HER crazy because I was constantly needing to do something..LOL.
What I should've said was I don't get all ocd about others, but I do about myself..always have been this way. Your talking about bills, etc. reminded me of my Nanny' s (grandma) saying. She would say she and Papa worked for their mad money, they got mad and paid the bills with it! She was so great, I sure miss her!