Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP >

November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP

November 2013 PINCUSHION & NEEDLECASE SECRET SWAP

Old 11-02-2013, 11:33 PM
Power Poster

You did great on the shoe and the rings. You did much different on the rings than I thought too. lol.. I just thought you were painting them to jazz them up, and then make those jar pincushions. You are very creative.
Old 11-03-2013, 05:46 AM

I love that shoe! So sorry I missed the sign up this month, been in doctor offices for the last week. Starting tomorrow I will have physical therapy for my back 4 times a week for the next 6 weeks at least. Will have to see how much time is left. I'll be envying all the beautiful pin cushions and needle cases you're exchanging.
Old 11-03-2013, 06:40 AM

Originally Posted by Argentium View Post

Those are both adorable! When you first posted the rings I was thinking along the lines of taking a drill with a small bit to them, then stringing them together with wires to make a geodesic dome. Each ring would have it's own poofy cushion. Heh, don't mind me, I just spent 4 hours with power tools and hardware customizing a tool cart for work.

Yeah, dont discount that idea. I had thought of something like. Just a ball of different rings that were cushions. Then thought, how do I get that to stay together. I can sew but an engineer I am not. Will have to come up with something for next month now trying to use that idea. Maybe a canning lid snowball of some kinds. Ummmmm, think maybe you could come on over this way and help out with that one? LOL
Old 11-03-2013, 06:43 AM

Originally Posted by JuneBillie View Post
You did great on the shoe and the rings. You did much different on the rings than I thought too. lol.. I just thought you were painting them to jazz them up, and then make those jar pincushions. You are very creative.

Trust the creativity was not mine. I saw those pumpkins at our local fair in September. I just thought of adding the pincushion to it while driving home the other day and wondering about how to make a pumpkin pincushion using unusual stuff I already had.
Old 11-03-2013, 09:50 AM
Power Poster

I'll be mailing tomorrow too. so hopefully by Tuesday we'll start to see the goodies coming in.
can't wait to see the goodies. then next month is Christmas. got them done, can't wait to see them either.
mdall, never ever thought of a pumpkin that big. (how you gonna mail it????)
jaba, sign up is the 25 of the month, so make one now for December and sign up on the 25th of nov. tell your friends and neighbors too, this is a fun swap.
Old 11-03-2013, 12:03 PM

LOVE that shoe!!! And what a great pumkin.very talented!!!!
Old 11-03-2013, 02:29 PM
Power Poster

I wish we had a hobby lobby here, I think it's only mid west and west and south. We just have michaels ac moore and joanns. When I hear you all talking about hobby lobby, I get jealous.
They might get us one here. they've given us a Dairy Queen and sonic, haven't been there, lines still kinda long and about 1 hr away.
Old 11-03-2013, 02:59 PM

I'm the same way lynnie, we do have a Dairy Queen that is 20 miles away but the rest is a 2 hour drive 1 way. Needless to say my JoAnn's orders are internet only. Will have to start working on Christmas pin cushion and needlecase so I can get it done.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:09 PM
Power Poster

Well I finished a second needle case and started a second pin cushion. Maybe I can get them mailed Monday or Tuesday.Then I can work on the secret pal swap for nov. Should be getting my pals name for it soon. Have a good evening.
Old 11-03-2013, 03:20 PM

Mailing my pc s out tomorrow, an old idea & a new one. Enjoy!!