Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Member Swaps and Round/Row Robins
Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013 >

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Rhonda's 4th Wall Hanging Swap - July - 0ct 2013

Old 11-06-2013, 03:33 PM
Power Poster

Wonderful wall hanging! I love those birds too! LOL LTD since everyone knows the mssg is from me I don't always add my name. but I feel I should end it somehow so that's why I started using just R. I figure my friends know it's me!! LOL
Old 11-06-2013, 06:39 PM

I never use my whole last name just the first three letters ... and the birds! I have that fabric too fell in love with those birds.. very nice job you did on this wall hanging.
Old 11-06-2013, 09:33 PM

I received a HUGE surprise in the mail today -- a wallhanging from Elisabrat! It's beautiful -- a pieced block on the front, done in reddish browns and a gold/red/green paisley, bordered with first gold, then a fall leaf print, then black with subtle gray dots. Is there a name for this block, Brat? I love it -- and I love the backing fabric, all cats!

Can't post a picture tonight, but I will tomorrow.

Brat, especially, and Kiffie to have offered many tips and have been talking me through my doubts about being able to do something good enough for all you experienced quilters -- it's been a big help! I'm learning so much all the time.
Old 11-07-2013, 04:48 AM

Don't let likethedog trick you she is a very fast learner and did a wonderful job on her table runners for my swap and and that pumpkin wall hanging. This time next year she will be racing ahead of me I am sure. I am more like that turtle in the way I learn.. very slowly.

I wish I could tell you the name of the block found it on quilters cache in the larger size blocks I think over 12.5 inches it looked simple but that y seam through me for a loop. If there is a SIMPLE way to do a Y seam would you please post it for me to check out. That was not simple at all for me. Gracias! cant wait to do the next swap I want to do a colorful scrappy cow. why no clue but it looks like fun..
Old 11-07-2013, 10:11 AM
cjr

Yesterday was MAIL day for me. I had been dealing with a couple of health issues and did not get to PO to mail earlier. Out going to Quiltymom. I hope you like what I made for you. It was a fun project.

RECIEVED from Applique. WOW! WOW! THANK YOU ! tHANK YOU ! She made a gorgous double sided, double quilted wall hanging for me. Front is minature log cabins in shades of stonehedge tans-grays. Center is 1" finished. logs very narrow. Then appliqued the cutest chipmunk with with foilage and flowers or berries in lower left corner. Back or other front is a mystic foggy scene of a row boat reminds me of the scene from "Phanthom of the Opera" in the foggy mist. all appliqued to perfection . True to her QB name. This quilt would be an award winner if put in a show. It is truely stunning.

Applique did miniscule (very tiny) piecing. I appreciate this even more because I have difficulty doing tiny things, always have.
Old 11-07-2013, 10:23 AM

Originally Posted by cjr View Post
Yesterday was MAIL day for me. I had been dealing with a couple of health issues and did not get to PO to mail earlier. Out going to Quiltymom. I hope you like what I made for you. It was a fun project.

RECIEVED from Applique. WOW! WOW! THANK YOU ! tHANK YOU ! She made a gorgous double sided, double quilted wall hanging for me. Front is minature log cabins in shades of stonehedge tans-grays. Center is 1" finished. logs very narrow. Then appliqued the cutest chipmunk with with foilage and flowers or berries in lower left corner. Back or other front is a mystic foggy scene of a row boat reminds me of the scene from "Phanthom of the Opera" in the foggy mist. all appliqued to perfection . True to her QB name. This quilt would be an award winner if put in a show. It is truely stunning.

Applique did miniscule (very tiny) piecing. I appreciate this even more because I have difficulty doing tiny things, always have.
Ah oh wrong person!!! I'm sorry I wasn't your partner!! Sue
Old 11-07-2013, 01:53 PM

I know I am much too late to join this swap, but could you please let me know, when you will have the next one? I would love to join in.

Karen
Old 11-07-2013, 03:02 PM
Power Poster

I want to see pictures!!!!!! The descriptions look great in my mind, but then there is a lot of stuff stashed in there to experiment with!

Hey R, Can we start the next quilt swap? I mean I am already making the WH so If there is going to be another swap I am all in!
Old 11-07-2013, 03:47 PM
Power Poster

Karen and Ube and anyone else----

Swap #5

I posted the next one a week ago here is the link -- http://www.quiltingboard.com/member-...a-t233806.html
Old 11-07-2013, 03:58 PM
Power Poster

So sorry, I totally missed it. Here we go!
peace